Sign in to follow this  
Midland Canary

what we should do!!

Sell Greeno for 4-5 million and buy yeovils Chris Weale for 250 k! was rated better than green before !! my mates a yeovil fan and he thinks he is great!!

we can then buy :

mark de vries for 750 k
richards 750k
darlia 1 million
crouch 2 million

and save the rest!!

p.s maybe another striker instead of crouch!!

I''m partially with you - if a decent (say £4m+) offer comes in for Green, we really do have do do something we really none of us want to do and sell him.  I don''t think we need to replace him, though - but if there is a decent cheap keeper available, then why not?!

Way I see it is that keeping him will not keep us up in itself, he wikll then go for much less in the summer: he is probably (I''ve seen niether so can''t comment) better than Ward/Gallacher, but not so far and away better that either of those would let any more than the extra odd goal here and there.....but as we are consistently losing by 2 or 3 that really makes little difference, does it???

What we need is a decent striker - say £2-3m, and probably another defender for a similarish amount - given that Francis ought to be back soon, that will be like having a new midfielder, and a solid backbone to the side.  Any of the players in your list may or may not be suitable, I don''t really go in for names, but that is what I reckon we ought to do if we are to stay up....but it does involve actually getting the offer in for Green to start with!!

Are you having a laugh? It seems as if some people have resigned themselves to the fact that we will be relegated come the end of the season. Greeno has been brilliant so far, only let down by his defence. If he went, the clown that replaces him between the posts will not be as good and Norwich will start recording losses like WBA in the last few weeks.
Selling him at the end of the season is by far the most sensible option for all parties involved.

Mate get real we''re not gonna sign some yeovil keeper when we''ve got 2 internationals are we? plus who the hells darlia and crouch is gonna cost less than 2 million plus hes a duffer.

Sell greeno and bring in Ameobi at 1.5 million, Pennant for free and Gabbidon at around 3 million as to do nothing will surely lead to relegation.