Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I expect Curo to leave in January!

Especially after McNally said today, in claming there''s no plans to sell Hooli, but ''fringe players'' could well be sold or released!

Whilst that chokes me, if thats Lamberts wish, then I must go along with it.

Sorry Jamie.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

Maybe a deal with Col U to try to settle the matter. I recall that Lisbie will be leaving in Jan, so they need another striker.

[/quote]

Good God no, not to a rival, remember what happened last time?[:S]

Maybe one of Gill and Tudur Jones as well.Come January should we expect another striker or is McNamee seen as a plausible back up? If we were to loose Jamie then we are down to three recognised pro strikers in Holt, Martin and Cody with Daley as back up.

McNally''s said only fringe players are for sale eyy??

VERY good news.

Good luck to Jamie if he is leaving, always gives his all and i''ve nothing but respect for him for that.

This has been coming for a while.  Unlike the other "old lags" (Doc, Russell), Cureton started Lambert''s first 3 games in charge and didn''t impress so has been sidelined.  He''s on big wages and selling him would be the right thing for the club to do.  Appreciate his love for the club and all that, but it''s time he moved on to League Two or another level where he can rely on his brain and positioning sense, and where his ever decreasing pace won''t hurt him as much.

I suspect come January the wage bill will be trimmed a little, with not just barn door Jamie leaving.

If I were in Lambert''s shoes, I''d be sending some of the younger fringe players out on loan, players like Francomb, Stephens, Dumic, Steer and / or Rudd.

Players to be sold would be McVeigh, Daley and barn door and possibly Gill and / or Tudur-Jones if Hoolahan and Russell are kept.

What do others think?

I suspect that the club and PL will not be too upset if Curo and perhaps Theo, Whaley and MCV will all leave in January, although only Whaley would command any sort of fee.For different reasons they are all squad players and no more, for emergency use. As to Curo, he has experience but seems to have lost his zip. Sadly I think he may have to think of non-league football, where he may be able to play for a few more years. The same applies to MCV, who has the skills but has lost his pace over the past season or two. It''s all very sad, but as we have little money and big ambitions we need to carry fewer emergency squad players and more who can make a good contribution.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Especially after McNally said today, in claming there''s no plans to sell Hooli, but ''fringe players'' could well be sold or released!

Sorry Jamie.

[/quote]

Damn! Doherty hasn''t got a fringe.......In fact, he hasn''t got any hair!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Sorry Jamie.

[/quote]

Damn! Doherty hasn''t got a fringe.......In fact, he hasn''t got any hair!

[/quote]

No but he''ll be here in Jan unlike barn door

Hmmmm, Seemed Like Lambert Really Liked Cureton When He First Became Manager, Playing Him Over McDonald And Others. Now It Appears That He Has Seen Sense! [;)]

I have to disagree a bit. I think Curo is probably on his way out now, but I wouldn''t want to lose the cover available in the current squad. At the moment we have two players and a young player coming on at each position. If we sell OTJ and Gill, as soon as injuries occur we''re back to playing players out of position. That doesn''t equate with promotion, IMO.

If McVeigh leaves, who do we play in the hole if Hoolahan gets injured (as he did for a long spell last season). There is too much at stake to try and save some fairly low wages on an economy drive. Some young players could go out on loan as long as there is a recall clause if the worst happens (as it did with the RB position already).

For the first time in years, City has had a reasonable depth to deal with injuries when they happen. Do you really want Russell playing up front as a striker again?

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

Maybe a deal with Col U to try to settle the matter. I recall that Lisbie will be leaving in Jan, so they need another striker.

[/quote]

They won''t want barn door then!!

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

I have to disagree a bit. I think Curo is probably on his way out now, but I wouldn''t want to lose the cover available in the current squad. At the moment we have two players and a young player coming on at each position. If we sell OTJ and Gill, as soon as injuries occur we''re back to playing players out of position. That doesn''t equate with promotion, IMO.

If McVeigh leaves, who do we play in the hole if Hoolahan gets injured (as he did for a long spell last season). There is too much at stake to try and save some fairly low wages on an economy drive. Some young players could go out on loan as long as there is a recall clause if the worst happens (as it did with the RB position already).

For the first time in years, City has had a reasonable depth to deal with injuries when they happen. Do you really want Russell playing up front as a striker again?

[/quote]

Good post. I agree.

OTBC

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

[/quote]For replacing Hoolahan in case of injuries- have we not just signed McNamee. I dont think he is a direct replacement for Wes but a better options the McVeigh who has not even made the bench in a long time. With OTJ and Gill I can see one being let go, they are behind a fairly long list of players atm, Rusty, Smith, Lappin, Adeyemi, Hughes.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

[/quote]For replacing Hoolahan in case of injuries- have we not just signed McNamee. I dont think he is a direct replacement for Wes but a better options the McVeigh who has not even made the bench in a long time. With OTJ and Gill I can see one being let go, they are behind a fairly long list of players atm, Rusty, Smith, Lappin, Adeyemi, Hughes.[/quote]McVeigh has made the bench - he was there against Brighton - unless we have another player of his stature and with his face . . . . .

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

We should look to offload all off the following:

Cureton

Maric

Whaley

McVeigh

Theoklitos

Gill

and possibly OTJ

to free up wages for the two who have just arrived and another striker

[/quote]

Maric has been told he can leave, I''m surprised he''s still here.

The big problem with all this easy talk on the subject of ''who we should offload'' is that

a) someone else actually wants them; and

b) the players themselves wish to move rather than sit on their current contract. 

The alternative could be to terminate their contract by mutual consent but this has a cost implication when it comes to getting new players on board.