Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

I don't mind Mick Dennis like a lot of fans seem to

In fact I love his passion for the club & that he''s a hack of the highest level who, when given the chance, gets the club publicity. Albeit, some may say, not the most positive publicity on occasions, however, to each his own.

But come on Mick - this -

"And of the men selected by Bryan Gunn to start what became that calamitous first game of this season, all but four of them were picked by Paul Lambert to kick-off against Brighton."

All but 4? That''d be nearly half a team then?? More than a third?

And anyway, it''s not just the personnel that you acquire / select - it''s what you do with them. The directions & tactics that you give. The inspiration, confidence and mental toughness that you provide. I coud manage Man Utd for a game against a non league outfit in the FA and it would be the minnows going through to the next round!

On another matter he mentions on Waggers site that Sullivan is unlikely to be interested in us because of the long car journey from his Essex home to Carrow Road. Surely he could afford to charter a helicopter every other week? The grounds of his house are big enough for a helicopter to pick him up & there must be land close enough to Carrow Road for him to land? Damn it, he could land on the centre circle of the pitch if he wanted!

Give him a bell Mick & sort it out - the City fans will love you forever then! 

[quote user="Bexley"]

In fact I love his passion for the club & that he''s a hack of the highest level who, when given the chance, gets the club publicity. Albeit, some may say, not the most positive publicity on occasions, however, to each his own.

"And of the men selected by Bryan Gunn to start what became that calamitous first game of this season, all but four of them were picked by Paul Lambert to kick-off against Brighton."

[/quote]

Could you have discovered the real identity of Bob Franklin[:O][:P]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance - but who??

[/quote]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thinking exactly the same when I saw Dennis''s article earlier. As for the article, can''t say that I have read a lot of his stuff but it seemed that there was a lot of disguised swipes at some of the Nancys on this forum.

Sullivan won''t fly anywhere by helicopter. I asked him about that, saying: "Why don''t you go by helicopter, like Matthew Harding used to for Chelsea games?" He said: "Matthew Harding died in a helicopter crash". Sullivan just won''t do it, and he just doesn''t want to "commute" by any method. He wants a club close to his home.

On the "All but 4" thing. I think that Gunn''s recruitment in the summer was good: Holt, rehabillitating Lappin and Martin (and I was wrong about both of those) etc. Of course I accept your next point, about it being about much more than acquiring personnel, and I''d have hoped that the remainder of the article made it clear that I am a fan of Lambert''s tactics.

I can''t enter into a long debate here, but I wanted to explain that, sadly, Sullivan won''t fly to our club.

OTBC

What I''d like to know is what makes a man like Sullivan want to do it? Why on earth would he want to get involved with a football club that he has no emotional attatchment to whatsoever and put himself and his family in the firing line of the sort of abuse he got at Birmingham or worse?

Nice to see you posting on here, Mick.

On the Gunn recruitment, I know there are a couple of injuries, but the fact remains that only two of his many summer signings are in the first team: Holt and Askou. Hardly suggests successful recruitment. Gill, Theoklitos, Whaley, Nelson, and McVeigh all seem utterly surplus to requirements.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

On the Gunn recruitment, I know there are a couple of injuries, but the fact remains that only two of his many summer signings are in the first team: Holt and Askou. Hardly suggests successful recruitment. Gill, Theoklitos, Whaley, Nelson, and McVeigh all seem utterly surplus to requirements.

[/quote]

Players who started: Holt and Askou are good (not many of Gunns signings started then!).

Subs : Nelson  - ok for Division 1 standard

Hughes - good by Division 1 standard

Cant see Lambert keeping Kojack (Theo.) and McVeigh for long.

Can''t see Maric, Whaley or Gill staying for long either.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[/quote]Nelson looked like he has potential in his few brief appearances for us so far. Gill has suffered through missing the start of the campaign and found himself looking at a first team that''s very difficult to get into. Whaley is out on loan and could yet return looking the part. Worked with Martin and Spillane.Agree on McVeigh. I posted at the time he signed saying he was the one that concerned me most of our summer signings. Theo p*ssed on his chips by missing the team bus for me. His opening day performance was no worse than half a dozen others who''ve since been rehabilitated back into the first team.