Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Mcnamee is a left sided player?

When we first found out that city were after mcnamee, i believed he was a right midfielder, but on reading about him today i found that he''s a left winger. does anybody else feel that although he is a good player and another decent signing by PL, that we still need a right mid more than left? On the left we have lappin, wes can play there at a push and young dawkin. on the right we dont really have anybody as whalley is out on loan, and although Korey is playing fantastically at the moment, we would be stuck if he got an injury/suspension. sorry to the people who will think this is a pointless post, it was just a thought going on in my small brain!!

[quote user="B-Block Yella"]As i believe it Ryan McNamee has the ability to play on either wing. Please however correct me anyone if i am wrong?[/quote]... Huh?

[quote user="ryan1992"]When we first found out that city were after mcnamee, i believed he was a right midfielder, but on reading about him today i found that he''s a left winger. does anybody else feel that although he is a good player and another decent signing by PL, that we still need a right mid more than left? On the left we have lappin, wes can play there at a push and young dawkin. on the right we dont really have anybody as whalley is out on loan, and although Korey is playing fantastically at the moment, we would be stuck if he got an injury/suspension. sorry to the people who will think this is a pointless post, it was just a thought going on in my small brain!![/quote]Not really. I think the imbalance is on the left. Korey is a more dynamic influence on the right than Lappin on the left - McNamee would provide a more balanced attacking threat. Hughes can also play right mid.I don''t think Lappin is useless, I just think the right side is better served & McNamee is a more dramatic change on the left.Adomah on the right wouldn''t come amiss though!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="ron obvious"]Adomah on the right wouldn''t come amiss though![/quote]But he''s left sided as well[/quote]I couldn''t find anything about which side he played - even the offy site just calls him a midfielder! Eventually found this in the Grauniad:For Harrow he played in three positions but had established himself as

a right-winger, although his pace may on occasion be utilised in a more

central role. It''s better to be a master of some trades than a jack of

all and Adomah is the master of pace, either with or without the ball.

..... OK, well just to clarify things for everyone, i think it''s probably worth mentioning his name is ''Anthony McNamee''.

Nope, he''s never played for Wimbledon. He''s performed for Watford, both Barnet and Crewe on loan, and of course Swindon as far as i understand.

I think BBJ, that b-bock yella was just missing a comma in his post while addressing the poster - ryan. But i did wonder who ryan mcnamee was for a second too!