Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

my run in with a Binner today was a very odd experience.

was at the bus stop outside Iceland... I see some chap squinting at the bus time table, he turns and looks me, swears loudly (scaring an old lady in the process) and then starts swearing again quieter. I notice he is wearing a T-shirt with "Ipswich Town FC!" on it.. looks like it was the height of fashion in 1990.... he says to be in what i can only presume passes for a Suffolk accent "I gotta wait 2 hours for the bus to Diss!"

I just try and be passive and give it the old "hard luck mate". he then slags off the city and whinges that he never wanted to be here.. shouts about how when he gets to Diss he wont be back in Ipswich for hours yet, he then blabbed on a load of rubbish before telling me had £20 in his wallet and that wasnt going to get him anywhere! when i told him he could get a day Ranger at the train station and be in Ipswich in under an hour he just said "yeh" then started to walk off down Ipswich road on his 6 toed feet.

i didnt know whether to pity him or laugh!

You should have offered to be his samaritan Jas, took him to the railway station say "give us your £20" and buy him a one way ticket to Cambridge and then gently lead to his train reasuring him he''d be in Ipswich on this train in no time. [;)]

Theres a couple of male scummers in my A.S media class at college...one of them is ok and we manage to have some good ol chats about footy, hes not vindictive. Nice guy really.The second one is a complete pr*ck to put it nicely (i bet he posts on TWTD) but the funny thing is his only comeback is ''yea but you''re in Norfolk though''. I have tried putting it nicely to him that:a) his scummy club are second bottom and with away days to Cardiff and Bristol they dont look like getting out any time soonb) his club is basically marcus evans'' b**ch and to make it worse (better from my point of view) the debt is increasing c) they only have one win this seasond) the manager is a complete nob***d and is just like (to coin my favourite phrase) ''the rich mans Glenn Roeder''.Bless their little cotton socks [B]

[quote user="JenJen "]Try Living In Ipswich.............[/quote]

Does Ipswich town centre resemble a scene from ''Shaun of the Dead''?

[quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

I can honestly say that everyone i`ve met who`s lived there hated it.  And the majority of them are not City fans so they haven`t got a biased reason for saying that.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

I can honestly say that everyone i`ve met who`s lived there hated it.  And the majority of them are not City fans so they haven`t got a biased reason for saying that.

[/quote]

my GF used to live in Ipswich and liked it when she was there she hates the place now.. i must admit of course im biased but as soon the train arrives at Ipswich station its like turning up at the boil on the arse of britain isnt it? its a HORRIBLE place. theres some nice places in Suffolk and many nice country pubs well worth a visit.. Ipswich on the other hand needs a nucear bomb to land on it to do 20 million pounds worth of improvement.