Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

"If you're in it, you might as well try and win it"

Players had an off day. What did you think? He told them to play awful. You drip.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Players had an off day. What did you think? He told them to play awful. You drip.[/quote]

Mmmh? How many ''off days'' this season, do you think we should allow them then?....The poor darlings, having to get up at 6.00am and do a 12 hour shift for a paltry salary....No time for golf, no flash cars, no VIP lounge in Mercy surrounded by peroxide barnet orange fem-bots, no bookies to spend disposable income on.....Bless ''em...Because they really do care about us y''know....Oh yes they do.

As many as they like in the cup, enough in the league so we''re still 2nd at the end of the season, we''re allowed to lose a couple you know!

[quote user="ron obvious"]

I think the clue is in the word "try".

How hard you try is another matter.

[/quote]

The answer to that may lie in the limp celebrations after Holt''s equalizer.

OTBC

[/quote]

Try? Isn''t that scoring in Rugby?

The truth is I think we were hoping to win with a minimal amount of effort but Carlisle scored first and put the mockers on that. To be fair ( as I watched the game in a nice cosy room on my lap top ) I found it pretty hard to get inspired by this game. The players seemed to struggle to get to grips with the game and our lack of pace in defence is now beginning to show itself ( 6 conceded in the last 3 games ). Having said that I thought Carlisle looked good and will hopefully take some points off of our promotion rivals during the campaign. Again I find it difficult to fathom out the differences in attendances at different clubs, has the flooding really had that much effect ? Good FA Cup win for Carlisle and the 3,700 fans went wild ! woohoo

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Players had an off day. What did you think? He told them to play awful. You drip.[/quote]

Thank you for your well thought out constructive comments.

You appear to have jumped to conclusions about my reasons for posting my original post[:|]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

The answer to that may lie in the limp celebrations after Holt''s equalizer.

OTBC

[/quote]

Yes, the operative word in the title is try.  Which it didn''t appear we really did much of.

We were never going to win the FA Cup.  The main priority this season has to be the League, and yes it would be nice to get to Wembley and win the JPT.  Why bust a gut and risk injuries to get as far as the fourth or fifth round of the FA cup at the expense of Holt or Wes getting injured for eg?  We don''t have the funds tp replace either if that happened, which may mean another season in League One.

I am not criticising the performance, the performance sits fine and dandy with me - the league being priority.  Except for Lambert saying if you''re in it, you might as well try and win it.  Now the worry here is that we were trying, and produced that woeful display.  Or and not so major, if we weren''t trying, why - after Lambert said what he said?

A few things already pointed out by others are -

- That the players didn''t really look like they were trying - the ''celebrations'' after Holt''s goal. 

- The defence is lacking in pace, this must be a priority come January.

- Will this performance spill over into the League?