Sign in to follow this  
Dom Tyler

Helveg and co.

Does anyone agree with me that Thomas Helvegs passing ability is simply not good enough?

He is obviously a class act but has not done much to impress me since his time here, he gives away the ball far too much and he doesnt seem to be interested on the pitch.

I would just like to say well done to Matttias Jonson and David Bentley for their performances in the last few matches they are really starting to show their class.

Did you actually see the game today, Helveg played very well and passed it about. yes he got caught out a couple of times as did some other players but then he''s not really a midfielder.

You say he''s not interested, but whenever I see him him off the ball his leadership in the team is excellent

I thought Helveg was awesome today. Every game I see him in he gets better and better. I too was watching him off the ball. He is always talking and encouraging colleagues. We have another Captain without an armband in the side which is always a good thing.

Agreed NCFC, I thought he did okay today and played his part in playing spurs off the park for 72 minutes and I did start to get annoyed with people around me in Block D Barclay upper getting all arsey whenever he misplaced a pass! He is a good honest footballer and people getting on his back about the odd dodgy must really be starting to annoy him, I only hope he doesn''t read this message board as I feel people have been unfair in their criticism.  

I''m obviously watching a different game to some other people. Helveg was distinctly average. I, too, was watching Helveg off the ball; he is slow to react, gets his head up slowly when in possession and his passing is appalling at times - Safri is twice the player that Helveg is. Some people seem to think that Helveg must be good because of his past; fact is, he''s not up to the Premiership. Hurry back, Damo.    

To some of the people that think Helveg was awesome today i agree he was very good he got stuck in but he gives the ball away not the odd time but frequently.

I went to the game against chelsea and one of his ''misplaced'' passes cost us a goal at a time when we were on top of the game i know he wasnt the only player to misplace a pass but every time i see him play he is always frequently getting caught in possession or giving away the ball.

I feel that if he doesnt start showing his true colours soon Worthington will get rid of him in January.

[quote]I''m obviously watching a different game to some other people. Helveg was distinctly average. I, too, was watching Helveg off the ball; he is slow to react, gets his head up slowly when in possession a...[/quote]

I really don''t see how people can slag Helveg off today for his performance. He was not outstanding no, but neither was he dire, he just had an ok game and i can''t remember more than one of his passes going astray. We are a much more fluent, passing team since Holt and Francis got injured and this is partly down to Helveg being in the side along with Safri. I would personally not be in any rush to bring back Francis. I just feel that Helveg is a target for the fickle fans, who like to have a scapegoat for when things go wrong. I bet alot of these people who are knocking Helveg are the same people who slag Svenny off. These people have to have someone to have a go at now that Easton and Rivers have left, Svenny is playing well and Hendo is not in the team. Get off the guys back, he has done nothing today to be criticised about

Once again norwich lose and its helvegs fault what a load of b****ks the guy played well in my eyes and didnt do to much wrong , if we had put away our chances we would have won so give the guy a break man after all he is not even playing in his normal postion , if you want to blame anyone blame our poony strike force powder puff in premiership terms.

Some of the responses to this post just proved how much some fans have it in for Helveg. No, he did not set the world on fire against spurs but he had a solid enough game despite once again being played out of his preferred position - he remains one of the worlds best defenders but not good enough to oust the worthy twins of eddie and flem. He passed the ball better than mullers (the most intelligent player at the club I read somewhere today - but only if he can be bothered to turn up and apply himself)and held a better defensive shape than any player on the pitch. Despite this most people around me in the barclay choose only to see the negatives in Thomas'' performance - again fans were on his back wanting him subbed at half time despite having totally dominated the 45 mins! Spurs only effort was a speculative 25 yarder - how can that be when we have the ''worst player in the prem'' in midfield (direct quote)

To see the impact of being played out of position compare and contrast the first and second half performances of David Bentley against Spurs. In the first half Bentley was played in a central position in a 4-5-1 and was the most influential player on the park as we dominated the game. In the second half we lost control as we went 4-4-2 and Bentley was tunred into the right winger he most definitely isnt and disappeared from the game.

Helveg was average against spurs and on another day with a dash of luck average would have got us three points. Unfortunately our defence can not be average for a full 90 mins - yet they get away comment free.

OTBC