Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Carlisle v Norwich match chat thread

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]....just where did 2 mins of injury time come from?[/quote]

Holt was down for a while after a thumping from behind

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

I wouldn''t take 1-1, I want this round done with - I don''t want o have more games added than needed.

Also, I think Doc''s been plaing well (even with the aforementioned lack of speed). However Oz is again awful, in the past I''ve tried to stick up for him but I don''t think he has found a single person with his passes.

[/quote]

Agree about Otsemobor - but I reckon Lambert is handling the situation well - talked him up recently as he passed 100 games - but he may  sell on when Martin signs full time?

We need to improve the passing and step up the pace a bit. If we do that I think we''re too good for them, but they''ve got a bit of pace upfront, although Doc''s having another good one. I really thought that a bit of competition might wake Semmy up, but he looks dozier than ever!

WAY49, I''m also on the FA site from Dereham, it seems to be ok.  That said, we''ve had broadband problems in the past with BT - apparently it takes 24 hours from switching one of their routers on for it to get up to full speed (about 6MBps they reckon), and up to an hour for it to get past 2 Mbps.

Decent first half. Carlisle worked very hard first 15 minutes and were first to everything not letting us settle. After their goal, and possibly as they tired, we found some space, slowed the game down and started knocking it around. During that 15 minute spell we were too good for them and equalised.

I fully expect the first 20 minutes of the second half to mirror the first half. Carlisle will come out fired up and try and close spaces down and get in our faces to unsettle us. But they will tire, and then, if our defence holds firm, I reckon we''ll nick another goal. 2-1 to us...

i suppose, living in huddersfield does have its bonuses. Poor first half, cant see the conditions getting any better, about 80miles south the fog is outrageous. can''t see 100 yards from me lounge. we need to kick up a gear, show the same fortitude we have previously to get through this. j.o still seems a liability. just seen our goal. Well played wesley, nice nod holty

[quote user="blahblahblah"]WAY49, I''m also on the FA site from Dereham, it seems to be ok.  That said, we''ve had broadband problems in the past with BT - apparently it takes 24 hours from switching one of their routers on for it to get up to full speed (about 6MBps they reckon), and up to an hour for it to get past 2 Mbps.[/quote]

It''s a pain in the harris, we were told by AOL that the BT lines in Scarning need upgrading from the main exchange to the local exchange, and nothing is planned in the near future.

>I''ve had to shut the FA site down,. it keeps freezing

Perhaps it because you''re posting on here at the same time WAY?

I''ve just left mine with the picture stream on full screen most of the time and it''s been very good (if they were to offer this on CanariesWorld for all away games I''d happily pay to watch the ones I couldn''t get to).

I wonder if the commentator posts on here as well, even he made a clueless comment about Doherty having no pace.

I noticed earlier he said he was "struggling". No he wasn''t. Complete load of rubbish. Perhaps he just said it so he could get in his Linford Christie joke.

[quote user="Metatron"]>I''ve had to shut the FA site down,. it keeps freezing Perhaps it because you''re posting on here at the same time WAY? I''ve just left mine with the picture stream on full screen most of the time and it''s been very good (if they were to offer this on CanariesWorld for all away games I''d happily pay to watch the ones I couldn''t get to).[/quote]

Yes I thought that about 20 minutes ago, closed this site down and still froze, given up now lol

[quote user="blahblahblah"]WAY49, I''m also on the FA site from Dereham, it seems to be ok.  That said, we''ve had broadband problems in the past with BT - apparently it takes 24 hours from switching one of their routers on for it to get up to full speed (about 6MBps they reckon), and up to an hour for it to get past 2 Mbps.[/quote]

My broadbands less than 2 Mbps but the video is perfect. Problems are more likely to be with the processor or graphics card of your PC/laptop.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

It''s a pain in the harris, we were told by AOL that the BT lines in Scarning need upgrading from the main exchange to the local exchange, and nothing is planned in the near future.

[/quote]I''m in Gressenhall and on Tiscali with 2.2mbps i think? We''re supposed to get faster but thats realistically what we get. The streaming has been fine on 512k, the 1mb doesn''t seem to make any quality difference so not really worth bothering with!AOL is an absolutely awful internet provider. Endured them for a couple of months once i remember, couldn''t take any more.

[/quote]

Switch to Plus Net mate..........its super quick tonight.

[quote user="paul moy"]

My broadbands less than 2 Mbps but the video is perfect. Problems are more likely to be with the processor or graphics card of your PC/laptop.

[/quote]Unlikely to be processor unless it''s below 1.6ghz (assuming Windows XP) or Graphics if it''s above 64mb, even onboard. Requirements for video streaming are not as high as people expect.That said i''m running a 3.2ghz with a 256mb Graphics Card....but i''ve also got a dead awful laptop that can stream football live.

[/quote]

Argh.  Well, I guess we''re close to central Dereham, which is why I''m getting away with a reasonable feed - all copper mind, probably powered by hamsters and carrier pidgeons too.

its quite funny watching the half time break at the game.. no "hit the corss bar to win an insurance Policy" at Brunton park i see... thats how it should be. No stadium announcer talking crap like at Carrow road too

well, we have virgin media 50meg b/band here in huddersfield and we ain''t had no probs so far. Me and me wife are watching via the pc, hdmi interface and the 46inch t.v. great stuff. thanx to the f.aoh by the way, i think its a good idea if city donate the 67.500 that they get from this to save the linnets

I think the main problem with streaming is the provider being useless. Mine is fine until approx. 14.00, then gets rapidly worse. Mind you, clearing out the temporary internet files helps!In connection, Beau, my tranquility was severely disturbed by the coverage turning into a slide show! Let''s hope 2nd half''s better!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]
I''m in Gressenhall and on Tiscali with 2.2mbps i think? We''re supposed to get faster but thats realistically what we get. The streaming has been fine on 512k, the 1mb doesn''t seem to make any quality difference so not really worth bothering with!

AOL is an absolutely awful internet provider. Endured them for a couple of months once i remember, couldn''t take any more.
[/quote]

Been with AOL for over 15 years, and always found them fine.  Surely it doesn''t matter how fast it is, if the line will only take 2 mbps that''s all it will take until the upgrade the lines from the exchanges.[:)]

Oh bugger they''ve scored