Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Carlisle v Norwich match chat thread

Carlisle have stamped their authority on this game from minute one because we''ve let them control the midfield.  Main culprit?  Russell in my view, totally anonymous, neither protecting the back 4 nor breaking up Carlisle in midfield.  We also needed someone to give Pericard whatfor inside the first 15 minutes.   Russell''s played well recently but not tonight, it''s been like playing with 10 men.  No wonder Lambert took him off, too late however.

We have been shocking, the ref has been more shocking BUT the worst has been the amount of fouls flowing from Carlisle.I guess every team who plays in blue is scummy in one way or another !

God i hope Pericard is still playing for them when they come to Carrow Road. Going to single him out for some very special and inventive abuse. Might even stretch to Keogh too.

[quote user="CabbageArmy"]

Go away defence, its awful!

When will we ever make it into this 3rd round draw?

[/quote]

we have been in third round for the last 50 years////

[quote user="farley"][quote user="Beauseant"]This is the best thing that could have happened to us. The run had to end somewhere, and better to do it in a cup than the League. A few players have got a wake up call and I suspect that we''ll rip into Oldham next week.[/quote]

What''ll we do at Saaaarfend on Tuesday then?
[/quote]

Whoops! Brain fade I''m afraid.[:$]

[quote user="farley"][quote user="Colu_Tristan"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Norwich/Lambert''s bubble has burst; I can''t wait for you to start sliding in League One now.[Y][/quote]

Yeah good one. You''ll always be a nothing team in the lower leagues - you''ve got no fans. We have 25,000 fans. We''ll be back in the Premiership before you get into the Championship.

[/quote]

No chance, with your forthoming points reduction I''m affraid. [;)]

[/quote]

Dream on. That''ll be setting a precedence for the future of football.
You''d make yourselves as popular as MK Dons if you id that!
[/quote]

Hardly, most decent clubs ask for permission before approaching a manager, and agree compensation before appointing him.

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"][quote user="farley"][quote user="Colu_Tristan"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[quote user="Colu_Tristan"]Norwich/Lambert''s bubble has burst; I can''t wait for you to start sliding in League One now.[Y][/quote]

Yeah good one. You''ll always be a nothing team in the lower leagues - you''ve got no fans. We have 25,000 fans. We''ll be back in the Premiership before you get into the Championship.

[/quote]

No chance, with your forthoming points reduction I''m affraid. [;)]

[/quote]

Dream on. That''ll be setting a precedence for the future of football.
You''d make yourselves as popular as MK Dons if you id that!
[/quote]

Hardly, most decent clubs ask for permission before approaching a manager, and agree compensation before appointing him.

[/quote]

Are you just bitter because we''ve got a proper manager and you''ve got a long ball merchent as manager? You''ll be dropping out of the top 6 shortly, as all village sides do over time.

Lets hope our new right back plays on Tuesday and that Askou is back in the team.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Bad day at the office today, seemed like the team that wanted it most has won through.

[/quote]Yeh this has most certainly been a blip rather than some great epic fail.Carlisle want it more obviously.Never good to lose but at least its not 3 pts.We will bounce back and batter Sarfffffend

We just don''t look interested in scoring... playing keep ball along the back 4 when 3-1 down and with 2 minutes to go... I don''t think we give a monkey''s.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Bad day at the office today, seemed like the team that wanted it most has won through.

[/quote]

Yeh this has most certainly been a blip rather than some great epic fail.
Carlisle want it more obviously.
Never good to lose but at least its not 3 pts.
We will bounce back and batter Sarfffffend
[/quote]

I agree [Y]

Feel sorry for the fans that have gone all the way up there. 3-1 down with a few minutes to go and the back four are playing keep ball. No pride at all.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Get rid of f*cking Doherty!

[/quote]You''d rather have Nelson at centre back?[/quote]I''d rather have neither of them.Spillane and Askou for me.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Russell and Lambert have been so in-effective. Hoolahan has not turned up in the 2nd half.[/quote]

Hooly is frustrating at times, but then sometimes Hucks used to make me feel the same way.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Carlisle have stamped their authority on this game from minute one because we''ve let them control the midfield.  Main culprit?  Russell in my view, totally anonymous, neither protecting the back 4 nor breaking up Carlisle in midfield.  We also needed someone to give Pericard whatfor inside the first 15 minutes.   Russell''s played well recently but not tonight, it''s been like playing with 10 men.  No wonder Lambert took him off, too late however.

[/quote]

Not just him though. There''s been a lack of energy in the middle and upfront. Smith and Martin haven''t done enough either.