Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Anthony McNanee on loan till january

[quote user="chicken"]Possibly, just possibly, Lambert sees Semi as a better option with his pace on the wing?! He has got a decent cross and would probably track well considering he is supposedly a defender first and formost.

[/quote]With young Smith, Hughes and now McNamee ahead of this idea - no chance!

Exactly, think alot of people forget Hughes has been known to play on the right in the past.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Sounds like much needed competition for Lappin to me.[/quote]Disagree. He''s a different type of player (McNamee may have pace and the ability to dribble but he can''t defend) so will give us a different option from the current formation. If he can take a decent corner and free-kick like Lappin then he will be a useful addition but I would be sorry to see our successful and settled line up upset without good reason. Getting a settled side has been a key factor in our current success IMO. Lappin may be a weak left back but he can defend and does make some good blocks and clearances. Drury is given a bit more freedom as a consequence.

Its all about options in this league and at the moment the one option we don''t have really is pace. Macnamee will probably not come into the team straight away but there are varying degrees of teams we have to face. When we are away against a tough team we''ll probably go with lappin but when at home against a team thats just going to sit back or when we want to play on the break away from home Macca may be the way to go as he offers some pace. Horses for courses and all that!

Exactly, we''ve now genuinely got a squad that can be tinkered with if plan A isn''t going well.

Well done to our Proper Manager for addressing our weaknesses ahead of the Christmas schedule.

Time will tell, but strikes me that a pacy winger, and a decent RB are exactly what we needed.

Onwards and upwards.

[quote user="Larry David"]Smudger will be happy![/quote]Smudger can''t be happy

[quote user="Lambo"]Exactly, we''ve now genuinely got a squad that can be tinkered with if plan A isn''t going well.[/quote]

Agreed Lambo, thats why I think Hoolies going no where in January.

[quote user="Larry David"]Smudger will be happy!
[/quote]

Of course, he''s only here until Jan 4th, there''s no way our tight-fisted, non-football business orientated Board would ever shell out for a permanent deal, it''s all a smokescreen I tell yer!

Would anyone else prefer we went for Albert Adomah rather than McNamee? Not saying i don''t think he''s a decent player, because honestly I have no idea how good he is, but I would rather we tried to sign a promising 21 year old rather than a 26 year old, Adomah has so much potential and would in my opinion be a really great signing.

because mcnamee has championship experience and league one experience,

as far as im aware adomah has only ever played in league 2

[quote]

Would anyone else prefer we went for Albert Adomah rather than McNamee? Not saying i don''t think he''s a decent player, because honestly I have no idea how good he is, but I would rather we tried to sign a promising 21 year old rather than a 26 year old, Adomah has so much potential and would in my opinion be a really great signing.

[/quote]

Well, beggars can''t be choosers and we''re obviously lacking the funds to sign the likes of the superior player in Adomah, but McNamee is a step in the right (left) [;)] direction and I''m thrilled to bits is a manager on my wavelength.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote]

[/quote]

Well, beggars can''t be choosers and we''re obviously lacking the funds to sign the likes of the superior player in Adomah, but McNamee is a step in the right (left) [;)] direction and I''m thrilled to bits is a manager on my wavelength.[/quote]

I''m thrilled to bits that ''Lambo'' is a manager on my wavelength by the way.Unlike Uncle Fester who put me in the mind of Beauseaunt as a football manager.

I''m not quite sure what the basis is for saying Adomah is ''superior'' than McNamee, when the latter has always plied his trade at a far higher level than the former (Adomah has only played in Isthmian/L2, McNamee almost exclusively in L1/Champs + some apps in the Prem)....that is, other than the usual notion that pops up when we sign a player ie that there is always a better alternative who we''ve missed out on (we had the same when Dickinson went to Brighton but we signed Holt).

It sounds like Adomah is a good prospect, but I''m not sure any of us really know that much detail about either player. I''d generally prefer us to bank on the guy from a direct competitor in our our league over one who has never played in it: he''d surely be far more of a gamble, and we are not really in a position to take that gamble right now.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m not quite sure what the basis is for saying Adomah is ''superior'' than McNamee, when the latter has always plied his trade at a far higher level than the former (Adomah has only played in Isthmian/L2, McNamee almost exclusively in L1/Champs + some apps in the Prem)....that is, other than the usual notion that pops up when we sign a player ie that there is always a better alternative who we''ve missed out on (we had the same when Dickinson went to Brighton but we signed Holt). It sounds like Adomah is a good prospect, but I''m not sure any of us really know that much detail about either player. I''d generally prefer us to bank on the guy from a direct competitor in our our league over one who has never played in it: he''d surely be far more of a gamble, and we are not really in a position to take that gamble right now.[/quote]

Was only saying that he (Adomah) has vast potential, if we''re doing the whole building for the future malarkey then surely it would be better to sign a 21year old with a lot of promise than a 26year old who let''s face it is playing for a decidedly mediocre League one outfit having never really established himself in the championship. That being said I have absolute faith in Lambert''s abilities at the moment and if he thinks he''s worth a punt then i''m sure he will turn out just fine.

I guess this is now the next big test of Lambert''s abilities; bringing in the right players to strengthen the squad, he''s already done well with Forster so that is a good omen and I''m impressed by the signing of Russell Martin who sounds like he will be making the move permanent in January. We''ve seen that he''s got a pretty damn good idea about how to manage a team and excell with the resources at his disposal, now we''ll see what he can do to with what i''m guessing will be a fairly meagre (by Championship standards) transfer budget in the new year. Currently I have no reason to doubt that he will bring in some quality players, bring on automatic promotion I say!!!!

[quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m not quite sure what the basis is for saying Adomah is ''superior'' than McNamee, when the latter has always plied his trade at a far higher level than the former (Adomah has only played in Isthmian/L2, McNamee almost exclusively in L1/Champs + some apps in the Prem)....that is, other than the usual notion that pops up when we sign a player ie that there is always a better alternative who we''ve missed out on (we had the same when Dickinson went to Brighton but we signed Holt). It sounds like Adomah is a good prospect, but I''m not sure any of us really know that much detail about either player. I''d generally prefer us to bank on the guy from a direct competitor in our our league over one who has never played in it: he''d surely be far more of a gamble, and we are not really in a position to take that gamble right now.[/quote]

Was only saying that he (Adomah) has vast potential, if we''re doing the whole building for the future malarkey then surely it would be better to sign a 21year old with a lot of promise than a 26year old who let''s face it is playing for a decidedly mediocre League one outfit having never really established himself in the championship. That being said I have absolute faith in Lambert''s abilities at the moment and if he thinks he''s worth a punt then i''m sure he will turn out just fine.

I guess this is now the next big test of Lambert''s abilities; bringing in the right players to strengthen the squad, he''s already done well with Forster so that is a good omen and I''m impressed by the signing of Russell Martin who sounds like he will be making the move permanent in January. We''ve seen that he''s got a pretty damn good idea about how to manage a team and excell with the resources at his disposal, now we''ll see what he can do to with what i''m guessing will be a fairly meagre (by Championship standards) transfer budget in the new year. Currently I have no reason to doubt that he will bring in some quality players, bring on automatic promotion I say!!!!

[/quote]

If you''re talking about the January transfer window then even I have not got my head too far in the sand to realise that Martin and MacNamee are probably going to be our only recruits then. I fully expect the likes of Cureton, McVeigh and Theo to be on their way then.

In answer to your question yes i would love for us to go out and sign an exciting young prospect like adomah and who knows maybe in january we will but the fact is that he is being chased by four of five clubs, several of which are championship level and even if we could pursuade him to join us over them he would be likely to cost several hundred thousand pounds. I doubt very much is Macnamee has cost us much more than £100k.

Whilst it is important to plan for the future, in my eyes it is essential we get promoted this year and if that means signing a set of players designed to achieve this end goal at the sacrifice of looking at a player who may/may not be a good inverstment, then so be it.

I agree, McNamee should be coming into his prime, so we should see his best years.

I can totally see why Russell Martin has been brought in, but like others I''m a bit puzzled about McNamee. What does he bring that Whaley obviously didn''t? Similar in age and apparent strengths and weaknesses, it''s hard to see how this will work.

Lambert said that Whaley lacked the "mental toughness" he wants in his players and I can see that is an important part of the current success, but how does he know that McNamee has that desired toughness. I''m not criticising, just curious.

I''m guessing that McNamee would allow Lambert to change the diamond into a 4-4-2 by subbing for Hoolahan if there is difficulty in breaking the opposition down. Many of us hoped that Whaley could do the same by playing on the right with Lappin on the left. McNamee, however, would apparently have to play at the expence of both Hoolahan and Lappin on the left, leaving the right wing to Smith, McVeigh or Daley.

This could allow Russell and Hughes to play in CM (backed by OTJ, Gill and Adeyemi), but I''m concerned that McNamee seems to have the same defensive weakness as Hoolahan and Whaley.

It will be interesting to see how all of this works out. OTBC!

I still think he''s an option to replace Lappin, who can be both weak & slow. And his dead ball delivery isn''t always very good either.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

Since when is a 26 year old looked at as ''old''? The lad has got at least 5 or 6 good seasons in him!

[/quote]

Not saying he''s old, just 5 years older than Adomah. Anyhoo, as I said I faith in Lambert and i''m sure McNamee will do well for us but it would be very nice if we could go for someone with Adomah''s potential instead/as well. Fully understand that we can no longer afford to do that though.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I can totally see why Russell Martin has been brought in, but like others I''m a bit puzzled about McNamee. What does he bring that Whaley obviously didn''t?[/quote]

Skill, ability, and isnt actually shyte.. unlike whaley.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"]

[/quote]

If you''re talking about the January transfer window then even I have not got my head too far in the sand to realise that Martin and MacNamee are probably going to be our only recruits then. I fully expect the likes of Cureton, McVeigh and Theo to be on their way then.

[/quote]

No I was actually thinking of summer 2015.

I expect we may bring in one or two new players other than Martin and McNamee, my comment was also in reference to those two loanees as they are not yet officially permanent signings and we are yet to see whether or not they are actually any good. Obviously I hope they are, and given Lambert''s general performance up to this point then I have faith that they will turn out to be very decent players.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahan''s Middle Finger"][quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

Since when is a 26 year old looked at as ''old''? The lad has got at least 5 or 6 good seasons in him!

[/quote]

Not saying he''s old, just 5 years older than Adomah. Anyhoo, as I said I have faith in Lambert and i''m sure McNamee will do well for us, but it would be very nice if we could go for someone with Adomah''s potential instead/as well. Fully understand that we can no longer afford to do that though.

Bloody hell the grammar in that was appalling.

he is right wing? pacing winger maybe a faster verson of croft who can can acually cross. from what ive seen whalley isnt all that bad. But i still think adomah is worth a punt he''s rejecting a contract from barnet plymouth is in for him aswell as blackpool from what ive herd and a seen he seems quite good and he is only 21 and have played over 200 games with include both clubs he has been at one non league and one league 2

[quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger up my butthole please"]

No I was actually thinking of summer 2015.

[/quote]

It''s sarcasm isn''t it? That''s what it is, right? I could be wrong but I do believe that it just might be.

I for one am glad we have AM on loan. His record is a bit patchy in terms of him never really having settled anywhere after Watford and continually being loaned out. Which for me is not a good sign.

His profile here isn''t too encouraging:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_McNamee

And then there''s the question marks over his fitness and asthma. We need to have a VERY good look at him before considering anything permanent.