Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Anthony McNanee on loan till january

Just seen this on the mirror website saying that we are going to sign Anthony Mcnamee on loan until january-http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Norwich-close-in-on-Swindon-transfer-target-article232759.htmlDont really know much about him but we could do with a few wingers and im gussing we will probably sign him in january.The problem of course is that it is from the mirror so not really the most trustworthy source!

Bear in mind that this has come from the Mirror, so it may just be speculation. When interest was shown in McNamee in September, Danny Wilson replied:  "Macca’s going nowhere. If we wanted him to go he would have gone already, so that answers everything. He’s going nowhere at all".

I would be surprised but happy if it happens.

Looked good when Swindon came to Norwich but where will he fit in? Competition for Lappin or...

just hope he is better than the few games I have seen him in,  currently not as good as we alreadu have in the starting 11 but is young.   Is he any better than Josh Dawkins ;-) 

I suspect he might not start every game but the key thing for me is he has pace and that is something we lack. To have him and Cody to bring off the bench gives us a lot more threat on the break.

As has already been said, he''d give us pace and width which we don''t have. League titles and promotions are won on the strength of the squad, not just the team. He would improve the strength of our squad.

how are we going to afford him and martin???

i fear we are going to sell someone in Jan to fund it, and it wont be cureton!

unless the david marshall money was held back or some nutty clause in dean ashtons deal means we get a chunk of insurance monie in lieu of the sell on clause (arghhh soo many straws.... cant clutch them alll!)

[quote user="Smeg"]how are we going to afford him and martin??? i fear we are going to sell someone in Jan to fund it, and it wont be cureton! unless the david marshall money was held back or some nutty clause in dean ashtons deal means we get a chunk of insurance monie in lieu of the sell on clause (arghhh soo many straws.... cant clutch them alll!)[/quote]

Only if you believe we''re broke...........I told you Foulger won''t let us down.

Have faith.

I think people are going a little bit ott about this guy. I personally think Andros Townsend from Spurs might be a better option? More pace than mcnanee and probably avalible for less, im sure Spurs wouldnt want much and if Orient make a bit surely we can mach them financially?

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4762392.BREAKING_NEWS__McNamee_missing_from_Town_training/Hope this doesn''t mean we''re losing Hoolahan in January. It really does look like we''ve got no money if we''re chasing almost out of contract players like McNamee and Seaborne.

Aslong as he''s here and we''re not breaking up out starting 11 then fine, with Martin joining yesterday I think we now have a bloody ideal first 11. Hopefully MacNamee is our plan B.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Sounds like much needed competition for Lappin to me.[/quote]Agreed, with Whaley out on loan our only options down either wing are McVeigh and Lappin.Doesn''t mean the end of Wes necessarily.

If we want wingers surely our first option is a right winger, not left? We have wes and laps on the left, but only WLY and an absent WahLeY on the right. Could Cody do a job on the right?

I suppose PL won''t be keen on putting Wes on the left and exposing Drury which is fair enough but is it worth sacrificing Lappin''s left foot and all the assists for McNamee''s pace?

[quote user="a1canary"]If we want wingers surely our first option is a right winger, not left? We have wes and laps on the left, but only WLY and an absent WahLeY on the right. Could Cody do a job on the right?

I suppose PL won''t be keen on putting Wes on the left and exposing Drury which is fair enough but is it worth sacrificing Lappin''s left foot and all the assists for McNamee''s pace?[/quote]Depends on who you''re playing/state of the match.

He can play on both wings apparently and I guess we could go 4-4-2 with Wes/Lappin on left and Smith/Macca on the right.

Possibly, just possibly, Lambert sees Semi as a better option with his pace on the wing?! He has got a decent cross and would probably track well considering he is supposedly a defender first and formost.

Apparently he has asthma!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_McNamee

Never completes 90 miuntes? Mark Rivers MkII!