Sign in to follow this  
Methane

WHAT A SHAMBLES

[quote user="canarytim"]

I am of the "old era" and I have one thing to say.

Season 1971/72  FA Cup 3rd rnd Norwich City 0 Hull City 3.

One of the strangest matches I have ever seen.

And I hope there is a similair outcome at the end of the season. 

[/quote]

I remember that game!

And you''re right.

Isn''t it funny how when we look back we never think about the days when our heroes failed to turn up or let us down.

[quote user="Just a small town girl..."][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Oh, look at me I write in italics because I regard myself as far more important than you mere mortal "fans"

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you would like to progress your sarcasm further and explain exactly what you mean.Maybe you would prefer it if i shouted in capital letters like some or throw in the odd obscenity like others.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canarytim"]

I am of the "old era" and I have one thing to say.

Season 1971/72  FA Cup 3rd rnd Norwich City 0 Hull City 3.

One of the strangest matches I have ever seen.

And I hope there is a similair outcome at the end of the season. 

[/quote]

I remember that game!

And you''re right.

Isn''t it funny how when we look back we never think about the days when our heroes failed to turn up or let us down.

[/quote]

Apart from the obvious one at Charlton this year i think the one before that Nutty was 6-0 at Fulham.I wonder why you would not want to think about that one?

WE lost a couple of players had an off day..........

Lets never play any of them again, and sack the manager and get rid of the board.

Silly people....

Couldnt care less what is released in the press over the next am looking for a response on the pitch next match.

Yeah agree - crap performance but it was going to occur sometime where we played badly and got punished by a side taking their chaces. It could of easily happened at Stockport but they couildnt hit a barndoor!

The consolation is, it wasn''t a League game and hopefully this will be a wake up call?

[quote user="Methane"]Thats exactly what we couldn''t do against a team of cloggers and one decent forward. Bring it on fat boy[/quote]

I like the cut of your jib young man.......

Bring it on fat boy indeed!   [Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Maybe you would prefer it if i shouted in capital letters like some or throw in the odd obscenity like others.[/quote]

I would [Y]

I think we really need to retire the Doc-Nelson partnership.. 7-1 against Col U and lucky to get anything else from when they play together at CB.

how on earth can you compare losing 6 0 away at fulham in a vital game to losing away in the second round of the cup to a team at the same level? yes, we should have reformed better, but we do not however have a god given right to win every game. we may consider these teams to be poor sides but this does not mean that we do not have to earn the right to play. we lost this time in the cup to a team who consider lesser. it has happened before and it will happen again. its just football- ask charlton.

[quote user="Purple Wolf"]how on earth can you compare losing 6 0 away at fulham in a vital game to losing away in the second round of the cup to a team at the same level? yes, we should have reformed better, but we do not however have a god given right to win every game. we may consider these teams to be poor sides but this does not mean that we do not have to earn the right to play. we lost this time in the cup to a team who consider lesser. it has happened before and it will happen again. its just football- ask charlton.[/quote]Totally agree, everyones allowed a off day, as long as it''s addressed on the training ground and leeson learned.

Didn''t Charlton lose 1-0 at the mighty Northwich Victoria in the 1st Round . Just look at how their season has fallen apart since ! NOT !  Northwich then went on to lose 3-1 at home to the mighty Lincoln City.........The fickleness is embarrassing.