Sign in to follow this  
Methane

WHAT A SHAMBLES

What was going on today? It was like the Gunn era all over again. Did Hoolahan get locked in the dressing room massaging his ego at half time. Why wasn''t Nelson hauled off after the second goal, totally useless at centre-half.

See you didn''t get off your arse and go and watch it at Carlisle, so its ok for you to stay at home and say shut up even for the the fans that travelled to the match to watch a no-show.

[quote user="Methane"]What was going on today? It was like the Gunn era all over again. Did Hoolahan get locked in the dressing room massaging his ego at half time. Why wasn''t Nelson hauled off after the second goal, totally useless at centre-half.[/quote]

19 posts from you, lets hope you don''t make it 20.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]See you didn''t get off your arse and go and watch it at Carlisle, so its ok for you to stay at home and say shut up even for the the fans that travelled to the match to watch a no-show.[/quote]Shut up.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]See you didn''t get off your arse and go and watch it at Carlisle, so its ok for you to stay at home and say shut up even for the the fans that travelled to the match to watch a no-show.[/quote]

I don''t really care who went to the game and who didn''t - there is no need for the ridiculous over-reaction on here. The away fans go there knowing we may win, lose or draw, I''ve been to many away games myself that have been dire.

We''ve gone 8 games unbeaten and have lost an away cup game through a poor performance to a side that looked half-decent and countered us well.

It''s football, it happens, get over it.

Now to push on in the league.

[quote user="Methane"]What was going on today? It was like the Gunn era all over again. Did Hoolahan get locked in the dressing room massaging his ego at half time. Why wasn''t Nelson hauled off after the second goal, totally useless at centre-half.[/quote]

The end of the world is nigh!!!! [:|][:|][:|]

I agree with you mate !! rubbish tonight , and Nelson should be shot like a lame horse. All you others who disagree

Shut Up !

I finally get to see a game on TV and the effort put forth was pathetic.  The entire 2nd half was spent in our own half of the field, as if we were protecting a lead. What the f%*K was that?

At least it did not cost us any points, and we can still get a big payday at Wembley with the Paint Cup.  Too bad more of the game was not like the last 25 minutes of the 1st half.

Sorry Angel but I''m new and objective rather than old and accepting of the second-rate performance we saw this afternoon.

[quote user="Methane"]Sorry Angel but I''m new and objective rather than old and accepting of the second-rate performance we saw this afternoon.[/quote]

Oops!

OTBC

[quote user="Methane"]Sorry Angel but I''m new and objective rather than old and accepting of the second-rate performance we saw this afternoon.[/quote]

I''m neither old or accepting of a second rate performance but I think you and many others are over reacting, its one lost game from the last 8 , plus we''re still in a prime position in the league.

Yes its disappointing but we had to lose a game some time and I''d rather it was today than on Tuesday.

New and objective.Don''t you mean new and objectionable.

Two defeats in the last 15 games.As you seem to have it in for us old uns on here you had better wise up quickly that following Norwich City is a rollercoaster ride.

You misundestand oh wise one I meant new to posting not new to NCFC.

I remember the McGuires, the Paddons, the Flecks, the Sherwoods.... all 100%ers who never shirked challenges or wanted the ball on a plate. And they showed disappointment in defeat.

[quote user="Methane"]You misundestand oh wise one I meant new to posting not new to NCFC. I remember the McGuires, the Paddons, the Flecks, the Sherwoods.... all 100%ers who never shirked challenges or wanted the ball on a plate. And they showed disappointment in defeat.[/quote]

If you remember Paddon you can''t be too young either [:D]

[quote user="Steak and Ale"]I''m only new, Angel, but for what its worth I agree completely[/quote]

Welcome to the site and have fun [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m neither old or accepting of a second rate performance but I think you and many others are over reacting, its one lost game from the last 8 , plus we''re still in a prime position in the league.

Yes its disappointing but we had to lose a game some time and I''d rather it was today than on Tuesday.

[/quote]Quite.It''s not like we''re going to go all season unbeaten, could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. A timely reminder to the team that this season isn''t a guaranteed stroll in the park.

Whilst admitting that i am not a fully paid up member of the Nelson fan club looking at the starting line up and the subs bench,in the absence of Askou and the injured Spillane who exactly would you have played at centre back?

Tonight was not good but from the outset when he was appointed did not Lambert warn us that days like this would crop up from time to time?

Methane you have been around for a long time from what you said on another post and no shows happen no matter who has been manager.If we slide down league one over the next few weeks with more performances like we saw tonight your anger and frustration may have merit but in all honesty can you see it happening?

It doesn''t matter that its a league or cup game. I like Lambert for saying if were in it we want to win it...but us lot seem to think we just switch the winning on because its a league game.

Who else said that winning is a habit like losing...this wasn''t like the Leeds game when we showed up, second half we didn''t show a bit like the MK Dons game.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Oh, look at me I write in italics because I regard myself as far more important than you mere mortal "fans"

[/quote]

[quote user="Methane"]Thats exactly what we couldn''t do against a team of cloggers and one decent forward. Bring it on fat boy[/quote]Are you 9yrs old???? get a grip FFS

we lost one game in a cup we were never going to win....the league is whats important...now stfu [|-)]

So we were totally shit and lost a game... for the first time in 15.I''ve been to those games, seen worse performances - god knows how many times - back to back, over and over - and for the first time in a long time i can still say the first sentance. I''m not worried.

Why are there so many people on here who want to just accept the result?

Yes we lost AND we will have games like this.. i agree.   BUT what we want is the manager to get upset that we played so poorly and with such little desire.  If he didnt want to win...he wouldn''t have risked playing almost the entire first 11.

Why would you not get upset if your team lost?  especially in the manner that we did.

I would want:

a reaction from the manager over the 24 hours following the game, that it bothers him too, and what he and the players have learnt from this defeat.

An apology to those who went all that way to support the team.

And we want a reaction from the players...which we can only hope for on Tuesday now.

In the meantime, i AM one of those upset that we lost.  I don''t think i would be a football fan if i didnt.  Sorry if that seems to buck the trend on here! ;-)

Matt

Listen, no one is talking about liking the result or the performance. Perspective is the key word here. We lost. We didn''t play well. To be honest, we didnt really turn up. There could be many reasons for the performance, all probably subconcious: long journey, horrible conditions, it being a competition that, no matter what anyone says, doesn''t matter as much as the League. The players didn''t go out to play badly but all the above circumstances probably combined to create a sub-standard performance. But if you look back at the last couple of months, our players have shown plenty of commitment, belief, fight and passion. If this suddenly wasn''t there for the next 2 league matches, yes we can begin to worry...but for now....calm down!

[quote user="cityangel"]

19 posts from you, lets hope you don''t make it 20.

[/quote]

Brilliant! Another one suffering from post snobbery! Methane, you should be ashamed. How dare you have an opinion when you only have 19 posts!

I am of the "old era" and I have one thing to say.

Season 1971/72  FA Cup 3rd rnd Norwich City 0 Hull City 3.

One of the strangest matches I have ever seen.

And I hope there is a similair outcome at the end of the season.