Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Fans help new investment

I think the board have showed their ambition by signing another 2 players, with more to come in Jan and some to go. This new investment has been generated by the fans. The budget for this season was made on 20,000 crowds, as we average nearly 25,000 thats another £100k per match more than expected, or circa £2M per year.

As a result it just shows that our great support will help us in the long term. Clubs like Colchester, Charlton won''t have this extra cash to spend and this could be key in May......all we need now is a trip into the 3rd round of the FA Cup and a plum draw and there''s another couple of players for Jan!!

lets keep our fingers crossed and habits of old have died and we dont sell our best players like hoolihan and holt . lets face it how many times before hand we have sold our best players and suffered afterwards .great bringing new players in to the mix . we have a good team in place to build on im worried it may be pulled apart in january .

My source is simple, its based on intelligence in just the same way we budget to go out of the cup in the 1st round. The point I am making is that our revenue to date is well ahead of budget and that''s why more players are coming in and we don''t have to sell in January.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]My source is simple, its based on intelligence in just the same way we budget to go out of the cup in the 1st round. The point I am making is that our revenue to date is well ahead of budget and that''s why more players are coming in and we don''t have to sell in January.[/quote]

So you are just guessing.

They could be working on the basis of 19,000+ season tickets and 4,000 casuals per home league game.....for all we know. Even then it would still leave a funding gap to be filled by, e.g., player sales (e.g., Marshall and Clingan),director contributions.......may be a playoff match....may be a JPT final? 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]My source is simple, its based on intelligence in just the same way we budget to go out of the cup in the 1st round. The point I am making is that our revenue to date is well ahead of budget and that''s why more players are coming in and we don''t have to sell in January.[/quote]

So you are just guessing.

They could be working on the basis of 19,000+ season tickets and 4,000 casuals per home league game.....for all we know. Even then it would still leave a funding gap to be filled by, e.g., player sales (e.g., Marshall and Clingan),director contributions.......may be a playoff match....may be a JPT final? 

[/quote]

I think it''s an educated guess Tangy, which is certainly as good as the type of fare you serve up on a regular basis.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]So you are just guessing.[/quote]Sounds like a CGFPA wannabe then Tangy! [:D][/quote]Trust Capt Ludd to make an appearance.[/quote]I think you are confusing me with smudger Tangy. Capt Ludd came from Leicester whereas I''m Norfolk born and bred![;)]

The level of support for the club continues to be great. The cup exit was disappointing as we would have made a few quid going to Everton. The signings of Martin and Mac Namee are encouraging but i suspect will be modest at the end of the day. I hope non of our top players leave in January, they would not fetch a great deal of money but their loss could be enough to totally de rail us. There must be a desire to get us promoted albeit the financial gains for doing so are not great, yes ther would be some extra income and sponsorship but this would be offset in large part by the lower wages. the odd fringe player [ cureton] may go but if they do we must avoid letting them go to a top 6 league 1 side such as Colchester