Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Your chance to feature in a book about supporting City

Norwich City Football Club, in partnership with the National Literacy Trust and Legends Publishing, is publishing a new book which will reflect the memories and experiences of supporters both young and old. This book will reveal the fun, the absurd, the emotional, the peculiar or unbelievable that is part and parcel of following The Canaries.

Who travels the farthest to get to home matches? Who has seen more matches than anyone else? Who has the funniest Norwich tale? Who are our record breakers? Get in touch so these and many other stories get in to the new book. ‘City ’Til I Die’, real football stories from real football fans. Story sessions will also be held at the Norwich City Study Centre as part of the memory-gathering process. Details will be advertised on the Norwich City website on
www.canaries.co.uk

If you have a story or set of experiences about yourself, a family member, a neighbour or friend which you feel deserves to go into the book, please e-mail your stories to david@legendspublishing.net or via www.tilidie.co.uk 

The deadline is 1 February 2010

Another one of those ''collate everybody else''s ideas'' put them together to earn a profit jobbies.  Martin Lewis has that down to a fine art.  He gleans peoples tips on his money saving website and he''s the instant money expert.IMO the club could do this off their own back and all profits go to the club. 

No, we should do it in partnership with those who have the skills to make this project successful. We''re a football club not a publishing house.

What''s wrong with making a bit of money for the club, anyway?

I think the ''other business'' will get more out of it than us.  Pooling musings from fans from every other club, then selling it back to them.  We may not be a publishing company, but the club could have done this in partnership with the Pink un (for the sake of argument).  And kept the whole thing in benefit for the club, without some unheard of business taking their handsome cut.

publishers make a packet!! the company i work for are about to publish there own books. all the classics. Can produce them for 45/50p and then sell them for a massive margin!!

[quote user="B-ru"]publishers make a packet!! the company i work for are about to publish there own books. all the classics. Can produce them for 45/50p and then sell them for a massive margin!![/quote]

Indeed, I have a few tales to tell but I would be more inclined to tell them if they were to go into a book to benefit our club, or even for a local charity.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="B-ru"]publishers make a packet!! the company i work for are about to publish there own books. all the classics. Can produce them for 45/50p and then sell them for a massive margin!![/quote]

Indeed, I have a few tales to tell but I would be more inclined to tell them if they were to go into a book to benefit our club, or even for a local charity.

[/quote]

I wish they would publish mine that easy, and I didn''t have any co,writers either. 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I wish they would publish mine that easy, and I didn''t have any co,writers either. 

[/quote]What you need to do is Pete Get a funding claim form from your Local Authority.Think how you can put a ''spin'' on your book.Fill it in using New Labour buzz words, like, empowerment, inclusive, social cohesion etc etc.Include social groups who''d benefit from your book, like illiterates and people wishing to learn English.Chuck in the classic ''partnership'' working somewhere.Don''t forget to account for every penny you want, therefore the claim could run into £100s or £1000sThen hope it''s successful, with a bit of luck, you get your book published, create yourself some paid work and a little profit.