Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

funniest celebration

I liked the Iwan Roberts and Craig Fleming p*sstake of Shefki Kuqi''s dive v. Crewe in our promotion season!

[quote user="Geordie Canary"]following jimmy bullards genius celebration i was wondering what the funniest city celebration you''ve seen. for me it was on boxing day a few years ago when ashton scored all the players shook  hands.[/quote]

ally mccoist was first to do this geordie canary

does anyone remember when ade akinbyi had a goal disallowed in injury time for offside? can''t think who we were playing but their keeper had gone up for a corner and the ball broke out and was played through to ade just in front of the old south stand. he put the ball to the empty net and turned round to see the linos flag, to which he stood there sticking both middle fingers up...quickly covered up by his team mates (and in front of the then family enclosure)!

And as I posted elsewhere yesterday in the light of Bullard''s celebration, maybe our next goal should be celebrated with all the players lifting their shirts to reveal T shirts with the words..."PATHETIC..WHAT A SHAMBLES..NO HEART" printed on them.

Leon McKenzie running to the corner flag & sparring with it,presumably because of his family''s links with professional boxing.

I can''t remember who it was but he missed a penalty and a player from the other team ran up to him and laughed in his face then to make up for missing the penalty he scored later on and ran straight to the player that laughed at him and celebrated infront of his face.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

I can''t remember who it was but he missed a penalty and a player from the other team ran up to him and laughed in his face then to make up for missing the penalty he scored later on and ran straight to the player that laughed at him and celebrated infront of his face.

[/quote]van nistelrooy

[quote user="missing in action"]billy sharp weight lifting a corner flag last week!
[/quote]

I enjoyed his celebration when Sheffiled failed to score an onside equaliser. That was definitely one of my favourites.

That RVN one was brilliant.

My personal favourite will always be the "Sharpy Shuffle" though... classic times.

[quote user="Geordie Canary"][quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[/quote]

van nistelrooy
[/quote]

not half as good as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6FZ3_-XVv8&feature=related

Robbie Fowler snorting the touchline in response to rumours he was a coke addict was quite funny.

Gazza''s dentist chair celebration in Euro 96 was hilarious.

Gazza pretending to play the flute to Celtic fans because the Rangers players told him it would be a good celebration if he scored. Bless him.

How about Danny Haynes and some other berk doing a whole little choreographed dance to the opposition fans whilst the ball was halfway up the pitch after the goal being disallowed? Classic stuff!

I think it was Mark Robins and Ruel Fox... they used to do a little dance when they scored... good times. Wiggling fingers i remember as well...?

[quote user="dpit"]And as I posted elsewhere yesterday in the light of Bullard''s celebration, maybe our next goal should be celebrated with all the players lifting their shirts to reveal T shirts with the words..."PATHETIC..WHAT A SHAMBLES..NO HEART" printed on them.
[/quote]

Numpty, Saturday was a one off and I will happily take it in a cup competition provided our league form continues.

[quote user="B-ru"]I think it was Mark Robins and Ruel Fox... they used to do a little dance when they scored... good times. Wiggling fingers i remember as well...?[/quote]

Sutton and Fox but I know the one you mean.

I know it is the modern way and all that but I find almost all choreographed celebrations to be contrived, boring and self indulgent.   A complete watse of time and just a demonstartion of ego.

Also, more worryingly, there is something very self controlled about a preplanned celebration.  I like passion in my football and a player going nuts because he has scored is far more exciting than someone who doesn''t care but goes into some preplanned carefully practised routine.

Bullard was an exception.  Clever and amusing.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I like passion in my football and a player going nuts because he has scored is far more exciting than someone who doesn''t care[/quote]

Tardelli''s World Cup ''82 final goal is a perfect example of that, simply a case of him running to the bench screaming ''goal!'' with tears in his eyes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XOL8o-3TZ8

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEz2QTjL8qs&feature=related theres a load, including van nistlerooy.[/quote]

dont mind the woman footy one! the last one was weird!