Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

For Gawds Sake...Behave!

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

If you think the above is a bit rich coming from me, tough!

[/quote]The way you flip-flop, Wiz, anyone would think you didn''t know the meaning of the word "tergiversation"...[/quote]I dont [:)] What''s that wonderfully sounding word mean? [/quote]It''s a posh (or pompous, depending on how you want to look at it) noun describing flip-floppery, or the art (occasionally seen on this message board) of changing one''s mind.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]The way you flip-flop, Wiz, anyone would think you didn''t know the meaning of the word "tergiversation"...[/quote]I dont [:)] What''s that wonderfully sounding word mean? [/quote]ter·giv·er·sate  (tr-jvr-st, tûrj-vr-)
intr.v. ter·giv·er·sat·ed, ter·giv·er·sat·ing, ter·giv·er·sates
1. To use evasions or ambiguities; equivocate.
2. To change sides; apostatize.I like "apostatize" too! Must try & work it into my next chat up line ...

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]The way you flip-flop, Wiz, anyone would think you didn''t know the meaning of the word "tergiversation"...[/quote]I dont [:)] What''s that wonderfully sounding word mean? [/quote]ter·giv·er·sate  (tr-jvr-st, tûrj-vr-)
intr.v. ter·giv·er·sat·ed, ter·giv·er·sat·ing, ter·giv·er·sates
1. To use evasions or ambiguities; equivocate.
2. To change sides; apostatize.I like "apostatize" too! Must try & work it into my next chat up line ...
[/quote]

Who are you looking to date, a blue-rinse librarian?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]
To be serious (unlike my first post on this thread), as someone who went to a rugby school (I know, I know) and doesn''t get to many games, I greatly appreciate the after-match assessments of those posters (such as Beau) who clearly know their tactical stuff.

[/quote]

Yes, his tactical nous is top notch after reading my posts and wording ''em slightly differently.
[/quote]

But he says he''s managed at a higher level than you.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

To be serious (unlike my first post on this thread), as someone who went to a rugby school (I know, I know) and doesn''t get to many games, I greatly appreciate the after-match assessments of those posters (such as Beau) who clearly know their tactical stuff.

[/quote]

Yes, his tactical nous is top notch after reading my posts and wording ''em slightly differently.
[/quote]

But he says he''s managed at a higher level than you.

OTBC

Hardly out of the crypt as night again falls  and already the spoon is in the pot..........

[/quote]

[quote user="Ex Norwich Resident"]Hey 1stwizard, why won''t you come back on our board? Oh how we''ve missed you and your hex appeal, please come back xx[/quote]

Sorry Col Utd 1?

I''m getting so hacked off with your club and their fans now that I won''t be able to keep it reasonably friendly no more!.

Soz.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

We''ve just had a great run, were the top scoreres in this league,, and added to that, the best manager we''ve had in a long while (most of you agreed with this BEFORE the Carlisle game!) yet now this message board has reverted back to its griping days of yore!

Behave.

Okay, we were poor, we lost, it is allowed once in a while you know! And how many points did we drop?

If you think the above is a bit rich coming from me, tough! its taken Paul Lambert to make a new wiz out of me![Y]

[/quote]You have opened my eyes. After yesterdays result I thought it was all over, that there was no coming back and because of that result we were surely doomed to failure!  Relegation, administration etc etc, but now I see the light. There is still hope people.OH JOY!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]winning the league is a better financial boost, rather than getting to the 3rd round of the fa cup![/quote]

i think i meant to say promotion [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]winning the league is a better financial boost, rather than getting to the 3rd round of the fa cup![/quote]

i think i meant to say promotion [;)]

[/quote]

You think you meant?

Come on now. Sharpen up or you''ll begiving bananas a bad reputation.

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

The way you flip-flop, Wiz, anyone would think you didn''t know the meaning of the word "tergiversation"...[/quote]

I wanted Lambert from day 1 Purple, so don''t try that old chestnut.[:|]

[/quote]

I beg to differ, Steve Tilson was your man as I recall.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I beg to differ, Steve Tilson was your man as I recall.[/quote]Waz was right Wiz, it was Tilson you wanted Wiz wasn''t it?[:^)]

Have I got that right! [:S]

It was Tilson Wiz wanted wasn''t it Waz? Or was it Waz who wanted him? WAZ![:^)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

The way you flip-flop, Wiz, anyone would think you didn''t know the meaning of the word "tergiversation"...[/quote]

[/quote]

b0ll0x !!!!!!    steve tilson was always your 1st choice  [:D]

[quote user="Ex Norwich Resident"]Hey 1stwizard, why won''t you come back on our board? Oh how we''ve missed you and your hex appeal, please come back xx[/quote]

Sorry Col Utd 1?

I''m getting so hacked off with your club and their fans now that I won''t be able to keep it reasonably friendly no more!.

Soz.

[/quote]

Whoever it is Wizard it is NOT Col Utd1 who, if anything, is even more bonkers than you are.

I have to say that your posted hex on the Colchester board did misfire slightly - 1-0 v Hereford with the last kick of the match says otherwise.

Unfortunately you lost to another CUFC - any chance that your hex got confused between the two or that your 46 year old virgin called Maude was, in fact, not a true bred Lowestoft girl but was born on the Greenstead Estate, Colchester.  If the latter she''d have been lucky to make 14 intacta, never mind 46, and you might have been conned.  Essex girls and all that.[;)]

[:P]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Has he also suggested we sell 2 of our best players because some pitches get muddy in the 3rd division?  

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And failing that young wannabee.............I said Paul Lambert!

Now kindly..........do one.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Sorry Col Utd 1?

Soz.

[/quote]

Whoever it is Wizard it is NOT Col Utd1 who, if anything, is even more bonkers than you are.

I have to say that your posted hex on the Colchester board did misfire slightly - 1-0 v Hereford with the last kick of the match says otherwise.

Unfortunately you lost to another CUFC - any chance that your hex got confused between the two or that your 46 year old virgin called Maude was, in fact, not a true bred Lowestoft girl but was born on the Greenstead Estate, Colchester.  If the latter she''d have been lucky to make 14 intacta, never mind 46, and you might have been conned.  Essex girls and all that.[;)]

[/quote]

Hex Lesson 1 Cam,

My Hexes work all season, Ippo, then Gunn, all had a little victories before my curse hit home and hard. Think of my Hexes like a fine Brandy.............it needs time to mature!

I disagree we are play-offs at best.  We can win this division.  We have addressed the limitations of one formation (which apart from one game WORKS), so we have a bit more tactical variation now with the loanee on the wing.Leeds WILL slip up, and may well sell their best player in January.  Lisbie will get recalled to the scum, MK Dons are sliding already.It was one slip up in a competition we were never ever going to win.  So lets get it into perspective.  If we lose our next league game, then I am sure Lambert will address it, but come on, this is the best Norwich team and run for YEARS, and Lambert/Culverhouse have hardly started the job yet.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/1807425/ShowPost.aspx#1807425

[quote user="ref89"]
It was one slip up in a competition we were never ever going to win.  So lets get it into perspective.  If we lose our next league game, then I am sure Lambert will address it, but come on, this is the best Norwich team and run for YEARS, and Lambert/Culverhouse have hardly started the job yet.
[/quote]

Now stop that ref89! this is the Pink Un and being positive simly isn''t allowed in here![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Covers all bases that - but originally you only wanted Tilson

I would only be a wannabee if I was going in for a mind changing competition

Pleasant comment that, and we are supposed to respect our elders [:S]

[/quote]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/1807425/ShowPost.aspx#1807425

[/quote]

So what Wannabe?

Just what part of failing getting Tilson I want Lambert did you struggle with?

Its on another thread.............go look for it!

So what Wannabe?

[/quote]

I wasn''t aware we even tried. So are you telling me that Lambert was the Boards second choice? Or just your second choice??

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

So what Wannabe?

[/quote]

I wasn''t aware we even tried. So are you telling me that Lambert was the Boards second choice? Or just your second choice??

[/quote]

FFS Nutty, and my last word on this thread corrupting bilge started by 1st Wannabe is that I wanted Steve Tilson in place of Gunn, failing that, I''d like Lambert in charge.............clear?

Now I need a lie down in a dark room![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

So what Wannabe?

[/quote]

[/quote]

FFS Nutty, and my last word on this thread corrupting bilge started by 1st Wannabe is that I wanted Steve Tilson in place of Gunn, failing that, I''d like Lambert in charge.............clear?

Now I need a lie down in a dark room![;)]

[/quote]

Lovely old job[Y]

[+o(]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Sorry Col Utd 1?

Soz.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hex Lesson 1 Cam,

My Hexes work all season, Ippo, then Gunn, all had a little victories before my curse hit home and hard. Think of my Hexes like a fine Brandy.............it needs time to mature!

[/quote]

I''m sure Wizard meant "manure". Spelling has never been his strong point.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Sorry Col Utd 1?

Soz.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hex Lesson 1 Cam,

[/quote]

I''m sure Wizard meant "manure". Spelling has never been his strong point.

[/quote]

I thought manure stirring was your forte.[:D]