Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Sometimes we will lose, sometimes we will play badly

We are not the finished article. We will have spells this season where we play badly, we will lose games.Those who thought we would sweep aside all in our path are fools as are those who call for player like the Doc to be drop after one poor game. Before you spout one about his past remember Lappin, Hoolahan, Martin all guilt of many poor performances in the past.Lets calm down, I expect the players to knuckle down and get back on track next game.Yes it was crap, but we are well on track for our main goal, promotion. When we aren''t, that is the time to get angry.

Ah! Some common sense at last!

Well said HH!

We''d only be away to Barnsley/Plymouth/Reading anyway!

OTBC!

Be gone with your sensible posts hard house!!! This is no place for a reasoned and well balanced view point!!! Only joking. Everything you have posted is true. Every team will have blips throughout the season, the important thing is how we respond to them. Winning is a habit and we need to continue this habit. Confidence throghout a team can be a fragile thing and we need to be careful that it doesn`t shatter. We`ve had one bad result and looked out of sorts. But I`m glad it was a cup game, we were never really going to get much further, maybe another round or two. Any financial loss can be more than made up by progressing in the tin pot trophy. 

Credit to Carlisle yesterday, I thought they played well and wanted it more. I think they packed their midfield and forced Wes to play very deep, thus cutting off the supply route for the front two. I think the diamond formation has served us well so far, however we need to be more adaptable and not be one trick ponies. I think the 2 loanees brought in this week gives an indication that Lambert is aware of our limitations and is looking to mix things up a bit, 

Well said HH.Has there ever been a football team that''s never been carp? Ask any supporter of Manure, Arsenal, Liverpool, Real Madrid ............ the list actually includes every team that''s ever existed.The trick is not to do it too often!

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Also agree Mutley. Looking forward to the new loanees  .......... they might turn out rubbish but I live in hope!

[/quote]

Yep.... bring on the loanies.

They did such a great job last time didn''t they?

Cluck, if you seriosly think that getting 2 loanees in prior to the January transfer window opening is a bad thing then you know naff all about football. The differnce between what we have this season and last is a million miles apart. Fielding 5-8 loan players in a first team is disasterous (as was demonstrated, esp since none of them gave a toss). However having 2-3 loan players in the squad supplementing our own team and providing Lambert with different options is quite another.

''Sometimes we will lose, sometimes we will play badly''

What an incredibly articulate and profound statement that is.   >>>[:P]

God some people are idiots. One defeat and we''re suddenly crap??? Thats was 2 defeats in our last 15 games???

Come on people grow up and get some common sense, we''re going to lose games, everyone does in football (unless your Arsenal''s digustingly good invincibles team, but even they lost eventually). We''ve just brought in two loanee''s both seemingly covering whats regarded as the two weakest points in our squad and now have options in the squad. Lambert''s allowed the odd poor performance, christ almighty he''s worked minor miracles since he''s joined us. So can people please calm down a bit and get some perspective.

Great original post BTW HH, agreed with all of it.

[quote user="Mutley"]Cluck, if you seriosly think that getting 2 loanees in prior to the January transfer window opening is a bad thing then you know naff all about football. The differnce between what we have this season and last is a million miles apart. Fielding 5-8 loan players in a first team is disasterous (as was demonstrated, esp since none of them gave a toss). However having 2-3 loan players in the squad supplementing our own team and providing Lambert with different options is quite another.[/quote]

Well.... maybe I''ll become more cleverer like you when I eventually manage to shove my head up my arse.......

In the meantime...thank you for the lesson. It was appreciated.

Well done Cluck, nice well balanced argument there. Why don`t you have a cookie. I wasn`t trying to prove how clever I was, just how much of a div you are. Seems like you can do that all by yourself.

Now why don`t you do one you patronising angry little man!!!

I don''t think for one second that Lambert would have said some strong words and threatened their place in the team. The Saaafend game will show how far we have come as a team.

As for the loanee''s, it is no where near the same as last year, last year we had far too many, but these will just bulk the squad up, Leeds have about 4-5 now, so it is needed, I can''t see Lambert going down the route of a whole team again.

Also 2 of the 3 loan players we have a fairly likely to be joining on a permanent basis, that wasn''t the case with last season''s either.

[quote user="Mutley"]

Well done Cluck, nice well balanced argument there. Why don`t you have a cookie. I wasn`t trying to prove how clever I was, just how much of a div you are. Seems like you can do that all by yourself.

Now why don`t you do one you patronising angry little man!!!

[/quote]

I''m not the best person to have a "balanced argument " with on here Mutsnuts... as quite frankly I''m always right.

Just worship me.........

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]Just worship me.........[/quote]You''re an EX God...........[/quote]

I''m a Norwich born PURIST which makes me a superior entity among you.......Deny me and thy genitals shalt gather worms.

Palestine....

Fair enough Cluck, but I wont be getting on my knees and worshiping at your alter, that is for sure!!![;)]

[quote user="Mutley"]Fair enough Cluck, but I wont be getting on my knees and worshiping at your alter, that is for sure!!![;)][/quote]

Blessings upon you anyway..... [;)]

Not really.....