Sign in to follow this  
B-ru

Team For Southend

Lambert will certainly make some changes and it will be no surprise to see R Martin and Askou in for Semmy and Nelson.

Russell picked up a dead leg so we''ll see Hughes start I would have thought.

Korey has looked tired and perhaps this is one game he should be rested for, use McNamee down the right flank.

There is a strong case for Cody to start against Southend with Martin perhaps getting a little complacent on Saturday''s showing. However I feel that Cody is an impact sub that will catch out tiring defenders.

My team for tomorrow night is...

Forster

R Martin, Doc, Askou, Drury

McNamee, Hughes, Lappin

Hoolahan

Martin, Holy

---------------Forster--------------

Martin----Doc--------JBA---Drury

---------------Rusty---------------

-----Korey------------McNamee

---------------Wes---------------

-------Martin----------Holt-------

If Rusty ain''t fit then Hooze in his place, i''d also play Russell Martin at CB if Askou ain''t back with Semmy at RB.

I cant see why we wouold change the attacking 3 so that means sticking with 4-3-3.   As such that means also keeping McNamee on the bench - the 4-3-3 works well purely because of the ground covered by the midfield trio - and AM is not a renowned defender. If AM comes on we will be going 4-4-2 IMO.

I think Lambert will stick with Ots too,  why play him against Carlisle if he prefers Martin?

So I think it will be an unchanged  side from the Brighton game unless rustys leg failed to improve in which case it will be  

Forster

Ots Doc Askou Drury

Smith Hughes Lappin

Martin Hoolahan Holt

[quote]I think Lambert will stick with Ots too,  why play him against Carlisle if he prefers Martin?[/quote]To give him a chance to stake his claim ?  I don''t think Martin came here to sit on a bench.

Forster

Martin Doc Askou Dreary

Russell

Hughes Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt Martin

Subs;

Steer

Semmy

Nelson

Smith

Adeyemi

McDonald

McNamee

r Martin will start, Semmy clearly didn''t seem to up his game after having competiition, perhaps if the place is there to be lsot by Martin, then he might actually care.

I hope that the new players get some sort of run out, but it could be risky to have two players, both new, responsible for the RHS. In any case, are they match fit?I think that Martin (R) will make a better defender than Semi, but having seen a tired looking Smith on Saturday perhaps Macnamee should play rather than Martin.Otherwise the team more or less picks itself. Hughes for Rusty, if unfit. The only change could be Martin (C) given a rest - he is after all quite young. Who would replace him however? I don''t think it is Cody''s game, to play off Holt, so I suspect that Martin will play again.PL has a habit of surprising us, but I don''t think he has many options.

Forster

Martin    Doc    Askou     Drury

Smith       Hughes      Lappin

Hoolahan

McDonald      Holt

I Think Cody Would Be An Excellent Choice To Start This Game, Not Sure Why, Just One Of Those Feelings. Would Like To See R.Martin Feature In Place Of Otsemobor. Maybe Bring McNamee On In The 2nd Half And See What He Can Do :)

Forster

R Martin  Doc   Askou  Drury

Smith      Hughes   McNamee

Hoolahan

Martin                 Holt

If Russell is fit then;                 ForsterMartin     Doc    Askou     Drury                 RussellSmith                    Lappin              Hoolahan    Holt             MartinIf Russell is out then;              ForsterMartin    Doc     Askou    DruryMcNamee     Smith    Hughes    Lappin                     Hoolahan                                 Holt

FORSTER

R MARTIN ASKOU DOHERTY DRURY

MCNAMEE SMITH HUGHES LAPPIN

HOOLAHAN

HOLT

SUBS: STEER, NELSON, OTSEMOBOR, DAWKIN, ADEYEMI, C MARTIN, MCDONALD