Sign in to follow this  
smooth

who cares about fa cup this season... jpt is our cup competition

not bothered at all with the result... maybe the performance, if it was our second string I would not have cared so much... but as it was 10 of our first teamers lets hope it is that bad result that reminds us of the work we have to put in to every game for all 90 minutes

However as I say I am relatively happy we are out of a competition that I think will hinder our league performance later in the season

The fa cup could have brought a clogging up of our schedule and also injuries in the important part of the season from january onwards

now we can concentrate about a genuine chance to get to wembley the jpt... lets put our first 11 out agianst soton, get htat win and then hereford or mk home and away for a wembley final day

[quote user="smooth"]not bothered at all with the result... maybe the performance, if it was our second string I would not have cared so much... but as it was 10 of our first teamers lets hope it is that bad result that reminds us of the work we have to put in to every game for all 90 minutes However as I say I am relatively happy we are out of a competition that I think will hinder our league performance later in the season The fa cup could have brought a clogging up of our schedule and also injuries in the important part of the season from january onwards now we can concentrate about a genuine chance to get to wembley the jpt... lets put our first 11 out agianst soton, get htat win and then hereford or mk home and away for a wembley final day[/quote]

deluded

Well I did care, but obviously now you just got to get on with it ain''t ya. Wanted to make the next round so relegation didn''t cost us a place in the hat when we would normally have been it.

JPT is our cup competition only if you''re content with being in League One.  For those of us with bigger and brighter aspirations, today''s awful effort was a real stomach-punch.  I, for one, would have loved to see us with a home draw vs. lower Premiership opposition in the 3rd Round.  So would have most of the team, and that"s what you get for looking ahead.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]JPT is a joke , its an embarrassing being in the competition.
[/quote]

So you won''t be going to Wembley and celebrating with the other 40000 people? (Providing we get there)

Winning breeds winning, so I would have wanted a good win and the potential money spinning game against a big Prem team.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]JPT is a joke , its an embarrassing being in the competition.[/quote]

Agreed. It''s a p_ss take competition. The tin pot trophy and all that.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]JPT is a joke , its an embarrassing being in the competition.
[/quote]

So you won''t be going to Wembley and celebrating with the other 40000 people? (Providing we get there)

Winning breeds winning, so I would have wanted a good win and the potential money spinning game against a big Prem team.

[/quote]

There isn''t one of us who wouldn''t want to go into the third round draw tomorrow, but were not, get over it, we have more important things to do, Like beat Southend on Tuesday and then Oldham Saturday, and we still have the chance to go to Wembley this season once or twice, The F A cup is not our concern any more but the league is,    

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]JPT is a joke , its an embarrassing being in the competition.[/quote]

[/quote] No wouldnt want to go watch a match that would be no more than a meaningless friendly , if we were to get to Wembley all it would do is give the Scum a huge laugh watching 40,000 City fans acting as if they had actually won something when its nothing more than a cheap joke of a competition .Sad to see so many people getting excited about it and will be a blessing when Southampton knock us out.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There isn''t one of us who wouldn''t want to go into the third round draw tomorrow, but were not, get over it, we have more important things to do, Like beat Southend on Tuesday and then Oldham Saturday, and we still have the chance to go to Wembley this season once or twice, The F A cup is not our concern any more but the league is,    

[/quote]

I have got over it, I thought that we would lose today, just had that horrible feeling. By far and away our next two games are more important and I''m sure that we will get 6 points from it. All I was saying winning is a great habit.

[quote user="Pan Demic"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."]JPT is a joke , its an embarrassing being in the competition.
[/quote] Agreed. It''s a p_ss take competition. The tin pot trophy and all that.[/quote]

It''s embarrassing being in it, granted, that came with our demise. It''s more embarrassing being knocked out of it we believe we''re one of the top 4 teams in it. I for one certainly want to go to the new Wembley to watch Norwich and this is one of our best chances, even if it''s not our preferred choice of competition. 

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote] No wouldnt want to go watch a match that would be no more than a meaningless friendly , if we were to get to Wembley all it would do is give the Scum a huge laugh watching 40,000 City fans acting as if they had actually won something when its nothing more than a cheap joke of a competition .Sad to see so many people getting excited about it and will be a blessing when Southampton knock us out.
[/quote]

I see, a little insecure around our blue buddies. I hope they haven''t been trawling on here then, as some would do after our defeat looking for a little bit of glee. Some might say it''s a bit embarrassing worrying about what a scummer thinks.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who gives a shiite what they think.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, and who gives a shiite what you think?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote] No wouldnt want to go watch a match that would be no more than a meaningless friendly , if we were to get to Wembley all it would do is give the Scum a huge laugh watching 40,000 City fans acting as if they had actually won something when its nothing more than a cheap joke of a competition .Sad to see so many people getting excited about it and will be a blessing when Southampton knock us out.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, and who gives a shiite about who doesn''t give a shiite about him not giving a shiite about what they think ?And why do the shiites get such a bad press ?  I blame the sunnis myself.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, and who gives a shiite about who doesn''t give a shiite about him not giving a shiite about what they think ?

And why do the shiites get such a bad press ?  I blame the sunnis myself.
[/quote]

I served out there....I know who gives a shiite....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote] No wouldnt want to go watch a match that would be no more than a meaningless friendly , if we were to get to Wembley all it would do is give the Scum a huge laugh watching 40,000 City fans acting as if they had actually won something when its nothing more than a cheap joke of a competition .Sad to see so many people getting excited about it and will be a blessing when Southampton knock us out.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, and who gives a shiite about who doesn''t give a shiite about him not giving a shiite about what they think ?And why do the shiites get such a bad press ?  I blame the sunnis myself.[/quote]

[/quote]That''s nice, but this isn''t about that, and nobody want''s another 4 pages about that on a football forum, do they ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, and who gives a shiite about who doesn''t give a shiite about him not giving a shiite about what they think ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s nice, but this isn''t about that, and nobody want''s another 4 pages about that on a football forum, do they ?
[/quote]

He served in the 4th keyboard warrior division.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s nice, but this isn''t about that, and nobody want''s another 4 pages about that on a football forum, do they ?
[/quote]

But I go to Carra a lot....you don''t....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Come on then, educate me.  Was tonight indicative of what you are getting from your ever so lovely season ticket ?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He served in the 4th keyboard warrior division.

[/quote]

Ok....if you think so. You probably think mortar is something that connects bricks......Like what holds your head onto your neck.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Come on then, educate me.  Was tonight indicative of what you are getting from your ever so lovely season ticket ?
[/quote]

How would you know?

Typical craphat twat.

[/quote]

Soft lad.....Call of duty is as far as you''ll get....Shoot ''em up!...X Box Warrior.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Typical craphat twat.

[/quote]

Soft lad.....Call of duty is as far as you''ll get....Shoot ''em up!...X Box Warrior.

[/quote]

Mello, you know nothing about me, nothing at all.

Sally Army all the way for you....

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Typical craphat twat.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mello, you know nothing about me, nothing at all.

Sally Army all the way for you....

[/quote]

You don''t know anything about me....but so what. Soft lad.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Come on then, educate me.  Was tonight indicative of what you are getting from your ever so lovely season ticket ?[/quote]

How would you know?

[/quote]This is the thing you see Mello, you claim to know, but all we ever get from you is this remorseless, unremitting negativity bollocks.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Come on then, educate me.  Was tonight indicative of what you are getting from your ever so lovely season ticket ?
[/quote]

How would you know?

[/quote]

This is the thing you see Mello, you claim to know, but all we ever get from you is this remorseless, unremitting negativity bollocks.
[/quote]

And all you do is pontificate and get on your high horse.....Do you use a ladder?

Don''t reply if you don''t like it....I''m so hurt when you do....''Giddy up!''

Getting back to the point mello

the fa cup screwed us in the prem season losing to a west ham team that had better personnel and a point to porve against a prem team that was struggling... we played bentley and helveg both got injured... and guess what when they were back in the team we went on a run that put us in a position on the final day

that season the cup competition cost us... yes I agree with an early post the aim this season is not to be in the first round next year, so obviously promotion... but this year we got what we have deserved for two or three years third tier football and that means first round fa cup and jpt

yes its not a cup with loads of glory, but hell we aren''t ever going to play at wembley when the result is not about the pressure of possible promotion... we all remember the cardiff game

the fa cup might give us a plum tie, but it might also give us doncaster or blackpool who could easily beat us and give us injuries

now we can concetrate on the league and one game against soton which puts us one tie away from a trip to wembley

I for one would love to see us play at the new wembley in a cup final whatever cup it is... we aren''t going to be there in the carling cup and fa cup so this is it... it is a game with no pressure

the game in march if we get there will have pressure, much rather our players have been to wembley and experienced the day because we have all seen norwich teams that freeze

I am not even sure if we made the playoffs we could win, so this cup competition sjhould be an easy passage to a game at wembley... where for once we are one of the favourites to get there and now we have a few games to get there