Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

[quote user="Kathy"]PUP performance of the season or what? Of my original 6 selections I manged to get FIVE wrong including an abandonment. Women and football eh? I shall retire barefoot to the kitchen and make a cake.[/quote]

Kathy, don''t feel too badly. I think when Nigel has done the reckoning it will show that this was definitely one of the poorer weekly performances of PUPS in general. There were a LOT of banana skins out there this weekend.  

[quote user="Kathy"]PUP performance of the season or what? Of my original 6 selections I manged to get FIVE wrong including an abandonment. Women and football eh? I shall retire barefoot to the kitchen and make a cake.[/quote]

Don''t sweat it Kathy. It was a horrible weekend, capped off in style by the scum''s late winner. You need luck as well as skill to pick 6 correct and you had no luck at all. I''m just grateful you didn''t pick mine, because my "banker", Sevilla,  let me down big time[:@]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Kathy, don''t feel too badly. I think when Nigel has done the reckoning it will show that this was definitely one of the poorer weekly performances of PUPS in general. There were a LOT of banana skins out there this weekend.  

[/quote]

Agreed, you musn''t feel badly at all Kathy. You gave it your best shot and were extremely unlucky to find yourself in charge the very week the form book went out of the window.

Yes, I reckon it will turn out to be the poorest ever Yankee. Sevilla, Man. City, Millwall, Lorient, Fenerbahce, Omonia, Valencia, Rhyll and Leeds were all ''good things'' that let us down. The PUPs records have taken a battering, that''s for sure.

I will be back with the stats after Monday nights game. But finally, after 17 weeks of battle, we have our last man standing on 100%. Step forward and take a bow Mr Bump[*]. Austria Vienna''s form didn''t go out of the window with the others. So well done in selecting that[Y] You''re out on your own now my friend[Y]

Can you do the washing up and do the ironing as well?Should be no problem as you keep telling me that women can multi task.Except picking six matches all at once that is!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Can you do the washing up and do the ironing as well?Should be no problem as you keep telling me that women can multi task.Except picking six matches all at once that is!

[/quote]

We all look forward to your turn as picker TIL1010 when I''m sure you will show us mere mortals how its done :)

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] We all look forward to your turn as picker TIL1010 when I''m sure you will show us mere mortals how its done :)[/quote]

No problem as you probably based your selections on nice bums and legs,shirt styles and colours and of course your "i would not kick him out of bed" approach rather than statistical references and research.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] We all look forward to your turn as picker TIL1010 when I''m sure you will show us mere mortals how its done :)[/quote]

No problem as you probably based your selections on nice bums and legs,shirt styles and colours and of course your "i would not kick him out of bed" approach rather than statistical references and research.

[/quote]

For Christ''s sake Tilly, I get so annoyed with your wishy washy liberal attitudes........[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

For Christ''s sake Tilly, I get so annoyed with your wishy washy liberal attitudes........[;)]

[/quote]

Yeah, don''t sit on the fence here Tilly, tell us what you truly think.

It couldn''t be just that Tilly''s disappointed by results so is looking for a scapegoat[:^)]

No, hush my mouth[:#]

That would never happen[;)]

Those PUPs who managed to pick winners this week deserve our congratulations[<:o)] Kathy never stood a chance. I don''t think any of us would have got close this week.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It couldn''t be just that Tilly''s disappointed by results so is looking for a scapegoat[:^)]

Those PUPs who managed to pick winners this week deserve our congratulations[<:o)] Kathy never stood a chance. I don''t think any of us would have got close this week.

[/quote]

Me,me,me.[:D] I''m on a roll now Nutty.[;)][Y]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Me,me,me.[:D] I''m on a roll now Nutty.[;)][Y]

[/quote]

[:)]

I''m on a roll too[:(]

NN, do you have a complete table including pickers on less than 50%?

if so can you please tell me what ''The Great Drinkell'' is on please [;)]

cheers NN

[;)]

IAAB

Indeed I do Narna. I have a complete table with 89 PUPs on it. There are 8 PUPs on 100% on that table but they haven''t selected in half the games. Most of them are on 1/1. There are some who are picking every week and will appear as soon as they reach 50% of the available weeks. Fonejacker did this last year when it took him until the last week to appear on the table and he was close to winning. I think the 19th December is the cut off point for a new picker to join and have a chance of winning the PUPs League.

But I know this is not what you are asking. To answer your question there are PUPs who regularly select but have had an unreasonable amount of bad luck. But we don''t publish those stats, you just have to wait until they appear back on the table. And they will, just as others will drop off for a while.

But of course you could ask The Great Drinkell direct what his percentage is. But of then, as I like to look after all you PUPs on here, it''s my duty to remind you that Christmas is getting close[G][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Indeed I do Narna. I have a complete table with 89 PUPs on it. There are 8 PUPs on 100% on that table but they haven''t selected in half the games. Most of them are on 1/1. There are some who are picking every week and will appear as soon as they reach 50% of the available weeks. Fonejacker did this last year when it took him until the last week to appear on the table and he was close to winning. I think the 19th December is the cut off point for a new picker to join and have a chance of winning the PUPs League.

But I know this is not what you are asking. To answer your question there are PUPs who regularly select but have had an unreasonable amount of bad luck. But we don''t publish those stats, you just have to wait until they appear back on the table. And they will, just as others will drop off for a while.

But of course you could ask The Great Drinkell direct what his percentage is. But of then, as I like to look after all you PUPs on here, it''s my duty to remind you that Christmas is getting close[G][;)]

[/quote]

he just tells me he has less than 50% and thats just not fun [;)]

Now we have all the results in I can do the stats for the week. To cap a miserable weekend for us PUPs tonights game was another failure. 59 PUPs picked this week with 17 getting their selections correct and two void (abandoned) making a success rate of 30%. In all we managed to give Kathy 27 different selections to consider of which 10 (40%) were correct. These two figures go to show what an impossible task Kathy had. This really was “the week from hell” and mirrored the result and performance of our football team. The best thing to do here is move on and regroup for next week when it’s our good friend Graham Humphrey in charge. Now I bet you’re glad it wasn’t this week Graham[:^)]

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. As I said earlier well done to Mr. Bump[*] who has become the last man standing on 100% from all weeks and is now alone at the top of our table.

Mr. Bump 17-17 100
Fonejacker 16-17 94
Graham Humphrey 16-17 94
Til 1010 16-17 94
Delia''s Devonshire.. 15-16 94
MacDougall''s perm 9-10 90
Beauseant 15-17 88
Hughesy 15-17 88
NCFC_Shaun 15-17 88
NCFCStar 15-17 88
Norfolkbroadslim 15-17 88
Shack Attack 14-16 88