Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Good luck Kathy. I know we don''t do "negative" on this thread but cannot let it pass without commenting that a smile crossed my face when seeing which one of your selections went "tits up" ( to use your phrase ) without a ball being kicked. [:D]

Apologies for my late pick this week.

I''d like to take one of my first trips into the promised land of the Premiership:

Man Utd to beat Portsmouth

Good Luck to Kathy and all us PUPs  [:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Apologies for the lateness and boring pick of a home win for dirty Leeds.[/quote]

Some effort seeing as they are playing away...
[/quote]

My fault probably. I initially thought Leeds were at home. But Nutty knows what I meant! Sorry Pete.

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Kathy and Billy Dixon we have...

1/4 Fenerbahce  (Shaun, Tilly, Angel)
8/15 Millwall  (NYC, Cherub, Devon, Norfolk, Obiwan)
1/2 Leeds (Star, Hughesy, CTID, Pete)
3/10 Stirling (Broadslim, Trent)
1/3 Rhyl  (Cosmic, Muddy, Leeds)
1/4 Celtic (Gpele, Macsperm, Sparkos)

Which will win for the Academy £52.29p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £37.81. Now this is a massive difference and just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Kathy. It’s a shame and I’m sorry about the ladies game. It would have been fun to have had that one included especially with a lady doing the final selections. It’s just that I have to be able to provide Billy with a price from one of the ‘big houses’ if the game is not listed in his RP. I’m going to leave it as your selection for our league though so all is not lost.

So now it’s "game on" and we start with Millwall at lunchtime, Rhyl, Celtic and Stirling kick off this afternoon and Fenerbahce this evening. Then hopefully we will be undefeated over night and the excitement will carry on to Sunday lunchtime and we will be willing Leeds to win at Kettering live on ITV1.

Good luck my friends...........[:)]............

[quote user="I am a Banana"]just out of intrest, why is this thread no longer ''stuck'' at the top ? it normally is until sunday[/quote]

*interest

it is now because of my posts but it wasn''t

Yes Gingerpele, Millwall did score but then Staines equalised from the spot and it finished 1-1. That''s bad luck for Kathy and bad luck for us.

I''m glad to see the back of November for the Free Bet. We have been unlucky every weekend. Maybe December will see a return of that little bit of luck we need to add to the undoubted skills of all our PUPs.

Hi guys. The wonders of the mobile pink un site means I''m writing this in Carlisle rugby club with a pre match pint! First thing I heard when I got here was the Millwall score. Couldn''t believe it. Bad luck all, lets hope December is better for us.

Bad Luck Kathy, even more reason to dislike Millwall [:(]

Stirling are struggling too.

Lets hope Kathy didn''t travel to Carlisle because she''ll feel  its been a crap day all round for her.

[quote user="Kathy"]Well its make your mind up time. Fingers, eyes, legs, arms crossed. Made a conscious decision some time ago to never go anywhere near City or them down the road when it comes to the free bet. ‘El Classico’ is definitely a no go area too. Thank you for all your suggestions. I have been through all your naps with a fine toothcomb and also added one of my own for good measure. Sorry if I haven’t picked yours. This is what I have come up with: For my first choice I have looked at the naps of the ‘big four’ 100 percenters and selected Fenerbahce v Kasimpasa home win. I am taking a bit of a chance here because I know my good friend TIL1010 has selected this, and if it goes pear shaped it will be my fault for jinxing his 100% record. Next up I am going for Millwall to win at Staines. To be honest I would actually be a little edgy if City were playing the Lions at the moment, let alone a non league team who have already had their moment of glory in the FA cup this season, so I think this is a nailed on away win. Likewise, after getting humiliated by Histon last season I am fairly confident Leeds will beat Kettering this time round. For my fourth choice I am going to venture into what I believe is PUP uncharted territory – the FA Tesco Women’s Premier League. I pick Leeds Carnegie Ladies to win at home against the Bristol Academy. I know I will get a lot of stick if this goes t*ts up (no obvious jokes please Lapp) as there are one or two posters on here who are shall we say ‘less in touch with their feminine side’ than others. (You know who you are!) Having been a bit audacious there I am going to go for apparent bankers for the final two selections. Stirling to beat Auchinleck Talbot in the Scottish Cup and I like the look of Cosmic’s Rhyl v Haverfordwest. To summarize: Fenerbahce v Kasimpala HOME Staines v Millwall AWAY Leeds v Kettering HOME Leeds Carnegie Ladies v Bristol Academy Ladies HOME Stirling v Auchinleck Talbot HOME Rhyl v Haverfordwest HOME Finally, yes CA I will be going to Southend and will look out for you. It seems there are several PUPs making the trip so hopefully we will all run into one another. KB[/quote]

Pear shaped indeed Mrs Blake!!!!!

Jinxed my 100% record indeed Mrs Blake!!!!!!!!

Be afraid everybody,be very afraid as Kathy will be with me at Saarfend on Tuesday.

PUP performance of the season or what? Of my original 6 selections I manged to get FIVE wrong including an abandonment. Women and football eh? I shall retire barefoot to the kitchen and make a cake.