Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Askou

Cut the guy some slack, he moved lock, stock to England when we got him. He has no family other than his wife & children in this country so yes if his wife was ill, his priorities should them! The club could well provide some sort of nursing cover, but its nothing like having your own look after you. His wife & kids are lovely & i''ve no doubt she was genuinely ill & i wish her a speedy recovery!!!!

[quote user="pennywise "]probably some minor womens trouble blown  out of all proportion [:D][/quote]

Shut Up You Idiot! Women Cope Better When They Are Ill Than Men! [:P]

[quote user="ron obvious"]
This is a situation none of us know anything about, so it is best to remain quiet until we do.

[/quote]

Ah the voice of decency and reasonableness if not sanity..... to be ignored no doubt.

You are absolutely right

Clearly it must unfortunately be sudden and serious otherwise he would have played on Saturday evening. If it was something like the flu then the club would obviously have arranged cover or one of the players'' wives would have helped out. They must have friends after all. So, let''s hope for some good news soon.

All the best to Mrs Askou.

This is only football despite how much importance I and everyone else on here attaches to it, I know that I would take a day off work if my other half were suffering from any kind of even vaguely serious illness.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="cityangel"]

Hope its nothing serious and that she gets better soon.

[/quote]

Same here, but it''s a bit of a wierd one, cos if it''s not serious he should''ve been there.

[/quote]

Depends how dedicated he is to his wife doesn''t it?  When I was really poorly recently my hubby took time off work to care for me, it''s called priorities.

Of course I guess no one knows how seriously ill she was.

But wish her all the best for a speedy recovery.

[/quote]

I can''t help myself, i just gotta sucked into this. I stick to what i said. If it wasn''t serious he should have been there. Dedication to his wife is his call but unless it is serious his priority like any other employee is to earn his pay. Professional footballers enjoy salaries that many fans could not match and therefore not afford to take a day off to care for their partners so would not do so unless it was serious. I would be quite certain it doesn''t come off his holiday entitlement or we''ve really got problems with how the club is run.

This is why I said it''s a weird one for me, obviously I hope it is not serious, and if it isn''t i do question his priorities and maybe his pay should be docked. Just like the real world of many of those who contribute towards his.

[/quote]

Pity the poor cow who marries you!

[/quote]

Beg ya pudding? Did you mean me or the one who replied to my post ? [:S]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Given that he was replying to the guy who replied to you I think he meant him. So don''t get so paranoid [;)][/quote]

lol Graham [:P]

Hope some people on this thread feel ashamed of themselves and hope that neither Mr or Mrs Askou have read this thread and think that all Norwich fans are anything like the few idiots who have been unsympathetic on here.

Agreed, it''s not as simple as "they could have arranged a club doctor" if my girlfriend was ill I know my mind wouldn''t be totally focused on my job, especially as none of us know anything about how seriously ill she is either.

Yes we missed Jens Saturday but who''s to say his mind wouldn''t have been focused more on his wife than the game. It was the right decision and again, I hope Mrs Askou gets better ASAP.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Footballers are not robots wheeled out to entertain us on a whim.

theres some prats on this thread there reallly is!

[/quote]

Bit of a surprise given the usual tone of this forum, which is one of charity and goodwill to all men......[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Bit of a surprise given the usual tone of this forum, which is one of charity and goodwill to all men......[;)]

[/quote]

PC again Beau ALL PERSONS [:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PC again Beau ALL PERSONS [:D]

[/quote]

Oops, my bad! I''ll be posting inappropriate jokes on a Friday next..........[:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And wizards![;)]

Can''t believe all the total over reaction on here, but then again I guess it is it''s main driving force. For my part in this thread I think you will find I hoped it was not serious and quite rightly pointed out that if it was not then his priorities need to be questioned, in a reasonably light hearted manner, I felt.

Several things in life have an affect on how people think , behave and react. All those who have leapt to question taste, priorities and even freedom of speech should perhaps think about servicemen risking their lives who are unable to care for their loved ones unless it is a most definitely serious case (and even then not guaranteed), and some of those will also be living in foreign and isolated homes. They cannot make that choice, they are expected to do their duty (despite what state their mind might be in) and for one hell of a lot less than what footballers get paid.

If the Askou family were to read the thread I am sure "that if it was serious" they will hold their heads high because they know it is justified (which is very possible). If they are reading it and it was not serious then in my opinion they do need to consider their priorities, and I would happily discuss that with them. My belief is made in general and could apply to anyone in any employment. It just happens to be their occurrence that has brought it up for discussion.

My wife would not need pity, when getting honour, sincerity, and a real man who would know when to defend and protect her and when to give her strength to cope in times of despair.

All the nicey nicies and namby pambies who are creating mountains out of molehills need to get real and put it into perpspective.  

I would not wish ill on anyone and I hope it''s nothing serious ..............you know the rest.

[quote user="B-ru"]

I wish his wife all the best for getting over her illness. I think some people need to cut this lad some slack. He has been an ever present since "that" game and be very consistant. To turn on one of our own players, one of our good players, over something like this is ludicrous!!

[/quote]

Which post has turned on him?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

All the best to Mrs Askou.

This is only football despite how much importance I and everyone else on here attaches to it, I know that I would take a day off work if my other half were suffering from any kind of even vaguely serious illness.

[/quote]

What if it wasn''t serious? Give us something to base this discussion on, what is the lowest form of serious in your opinion?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I think the ones who are missing the point are the biggest. mmmmmmm

[quote user="Spud1973"]Cut the guy some slack, he moved lock, stock to England when we got him. He has no family other than his wife & children in this country so yes if his wife was ill, his priorities should them! The club could well provide some sort of nursing cover, but its nothing like having your own look after you. His wife & kids are lovely & i''ve no doubt she was genuinely ill & i wish her a speedy recovery!!!![/quote]

Could you enlighten us?

I kind of agree with

The gut
here. I recall a time when my wife had flu and was literally having to pull herself up from the floor via various items of furniture to get around the house and look after three young children, but duty called and bills had to be paid so off to work I went to toil in a hotel kitchen for a thirteen hour shift.Well, it was an eight hour shift and five hours in the pub.

I think it is also worth remembering that this guy is in a foriegn country with his family and he probably doesn''t have the support around him like most of us do in these situations. Football is a job, just like the jobs we all partake in where illness is concerned. Best wishes Mrs Askou. Your husband is a legend.

Says on the main site that his wife has been in bed ill for a week plus his kids are poorly too but he hopes to be back playing tonight.

Must be a worry for him so hope they all get better soon.

The other thing is that if he comes in to training & matches he could pass whatever it is on to other players in the side, better to have just Askou missing while she recovers than to end up with 4 or 5 players all ill.