Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

City still hold a Premiership record

[quote user="The Butler"]

Or how far we have fallen in comparrison to the majority of teams in that league.

Yes it is extreme. How we have wasted our opportunities.

Now lets guess who has been in charge for most of that time.

[/quote]Oh, I think I know this one! Was it Terry Postle?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

Or how far we have fallen in comparrison to the majority of teams in that league.

[/quote]

Oh, I think I know this one! Was it Terry Postle?
[/quote]

You guessed right first time PC

That must be a record for you. Keep taking those little pills and I''m sure Nurse and will let you out for Christmas.[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]Oh, I think I know this one! Was it Terry Postle?[/quote]

That must be a record for you. Keep taking those little pills and I''m sure Nurse and will let you out for Christmas.[;)]

[/quote]Nurse has said if I continue to make progress she will allow me to stay up late to watch Nutty v. Mr.Carrow - The Early Years on TV on Boxing Day!

There is something else about Bly''s table.

Only 2 teams are now below us.

Southampton (points deduction) and Oldham.

What does that tell you?

[/quote]

A fascinating observation Butler.

A pity that those in the middle of the class don''t quite get it.

Just be thankful that those near the lower end have not piled in again.

Let''s try another one. The one that did for Robert Chase.

1994/95 Season

F.A. Carling Premiership League Table
F.A. Carling Premiership League Table - 1994/1995 Season

[:''(]

OTBC

There is something else about Bly''s table.

What does that tell you?[/quote]

That Glenn Roeder was a crap boss.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nurse has said if I continue to make progress she will allow me to stay up late to watch Nutty v. Mr.Carrow - The Early Years on TV on Boxing Day![/quote]

I would not allow that to happen even to you, that is cruelty beyond belief.

Escape plan X will be undertaken. (will smuggle you out under Tangys umberella! whilst Lapp has his Christmas treat worrying the nurses leg)

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]Oh, I think I know this one! Was it Terry Postle?[/quote]

[/quote]Nurse has said if I continue to make progress she will allow me to stay up late to watch Nutty v. Mr.Carrow - The Early Years on TV on Boxing Day![/quote]

Escape plan X will be undertaken. (will smuggle you out under Tangys umberella! whilst Lapp has his Christmas treat worrying the nurses leg)

[/quote]Thanks. Good to have a a back-up in case my cunning plan to make a gilder out of Tangy''s umbrella doesn''t, er, fly...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nurse has said if I continue to make progress she will allow me to stay up late to watch Nutty v. Mr.Carrow - The Early Years on TV on Boxing Day![/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks. Good to have a a back-up in case my cunning plan to make a gilder out of Tangy''s umbrella doesn''t, er, fly...[/quote]

I see my thread has been taken over and privatised.

D*mned capitalists.

OTBC

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]There is something else about Bly''s table.

What does that tell you?

[/quote]Comparing our best ever finish with our worst position for fifty years tells me that you are an extremist Butler![;)][/quote]

[/quote]

And here you see Butlers single minded agenda. Butler and Bly, the two "serious" posters on this board who are obsessed with Delia Smith. Only Comic Cluckin'' Nora is obsessed more and that is quite clearly a wind up.

When Smith & Jones brought Watlings shares we were fighting relegation to the Third Division. It was Chase  that took us there. We then improved year on year until we won promotion to the Premier League. Last season was the first season the club was lower than it was when Smith & Jones became owners. Our decline was because of poor appointments of football managers and a waste of funds by those managers since 2006.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]There is something else about Bly''s table.

What does that tell you?

[/quote]Comparing our best ever finish with our worst position for fifty years tells me that you are an extremist Butler![;)][/quote]

[/quote]

And here you see Butlers single minded agenda. Butler and Bly, the two "serious" posters on this board who are obsessed with Delia Smith. Only Comic Cluckin'' Nora is obsessed more and that is quite clearly a wind up.

When Smith & Jones brought Watlings shares we were fighting relegation to the Third Division. It was Chase  that took us there. We then improved year on year until we won promotion to the Premier League. Last season was the first season the club was lower than it was when Smith & Jones became owners. Our decline was because of poor appointments of football managers and a waste of funds by those managers since 2006.

[/quote]

Funny how all those clubs are now holding higher positions than us - comparing then and now. 

That''s the bottom line.

1992-93 or 1994-95 - it hardly makes a difference.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]There is something else about Bly''s table.

What does that tell you?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny how all those clubs are now holding higher positions than us - comparing then and now. 

That''s the bottom line.

1992-93 or 1994-95 - it hardly makes a difference.

OTBC

[/quote]

I was referring to ther part above highlighted. Which, if I''m to believe your bottom line, isn''t relevant. 

But then, as you are only the "Trinidad Troll" it hardly makes a difference.[:|]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Funny how all those clubs are now holding higher positions than us - comparing then and now. That''s the bottom line.[/quote]Yep, dead funny! [:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]There is something else about Bly''s table.

What does that tell you?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here comes the shining Knight of the dining table.

Who mentioned the sainted one then?

Denying facts has become your best trait.

The tables do not lie oh hold on they do if they are a ceo!!

Nutty you accuse me of having an agenda.

What is that agenda, care to share it with me.

I want what is best for our club, a club I have watched , with two noteable exceptions decline over the last fifteen years.

Even the year of success was partialy helped by a contribution from "outside" the club.Whilst someone else took the credit.

I have watched while our club has become , until very recently a joke. Little Norwich. Rather go to Hartlepool than Chelsea.

"Lets be havin you" was the icing on the cake. The day I felt ashamed of MY club.

I still have many friends in the club and watch from the directors box on occassions.

I say nothing on this board that I have not or will not say to peoples faces.

I also know that DS/MWJ will not budge until they are ready and that the "DEAL" is the right one all round.

Given that, what is my agenda?

I speak the truth as I see it. It may not be your view,but it does not make it wrong.

You happily bring out miriads of statitics to prove what?

It''s irrefutable that we are in the third division, with the poorest playing squad for many years (slightly better that no squad at all as last year). The debt is 20+million and the finances "Dire" yet you still persist in saying they have done a good job!

Spine roads, hotels, land deals only relevant to gain an idea as to why we are where we are.

Break even crowds, can only stack up if you know the mix of what that crowd is paying for it''s tickets. You and Mr Carrow don''t (unless you have access to the clubs ticket office records)

We are as you say all fans, so why do you persistently attack anyone who has a valid question about the economics of our club?

When that fails you decline into ridicule and wonder why people retaliate.

If you,like me genuinly want the best for Norwich City Football Club then look realistically at where we are and then pray that the latest appointments are as good as we think. Because if they are not then many many chickens are coming home to roost along that spine road.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Funny how all those clubs are now holding higher positions than us - comparing then and now. That''s the bottom line.[/quote]Yep, dead funny! [:S][/quote]

What''s not dead queer about that bottom line then, (nutty''s) old fruitcake?

OTBC

Well if you tell me what it is that you want that you believe is best for our club your agenda may become clearer.

This spine road crap is a smokescreen for where the real problems have been. If you want to talk about spine roads and infrastructure then that''s fine. But if you believe they were mistakes then tell us why. Because I''d love to know. Tell us what you would have done instead. Help me out and explain to me which of those spends wasn''t neccessary and why.

I will believe what I have always believed. Success of the football team is what happens on the pitch. It''s about the football players winning matches. we haven''t declined for 10 years. That''s a myth. A myth you for some reason like to spread. We have declined for 4 years. The last decent football manager we had was Worthy. The last decent team we had was his team. Since then successive football managers have wasted successive football budgets until we ended up where we did last may. Those managers were appointed by the board of directors. So the board of directors are ultimately responsible for the decline over the last 4 years. We could agree there but it''s not enough is it? You have to tell me we have declined for 10 years. It''s not true and when I point out it''s not true you take it personally.

When Smith&Jones became owners of the club we had just avoided relegation to the Third Division. We then improved on the field year in year out. The quality of players improved year in year out. The results improved year in year out. The crowds increased year in year out. For six years we were the complete opposite of decline. If you can''t see that is the truth then you are entitled to your view and i will even respect it but I will also forever believe you are wrong.

Maybe we should just leave it at that. We can at least agree that the club has had four years of decline on the pitch.

I believe that decline is due to poor appointments of managers who wasted the player budgets and took the club to the Third Division. You seem to think it''s due to spine roads, hotels and land deals. We will have to agree to differ on that.

But I will just add that i don''t attack people who  have a valid question about the economics of our club. It''s the stuff they make up in support of those valid questions that I attack. But then again if those questions are so valid why do they need to make stuff up to support them in the first place.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well if you tell me what it is that you want that you believe is best for our club your agenda may become clearer.

This spine road crap is a smokescreen for where the real problems have been. If you want to talk about spine roads and infrastructure then that''s fine. But if you believe they were mistakes then tell us why. Because I''d love to know. Tell us what you would have done instead. Help me out and explain to me which of those spends wasn''t neccessary and why.

I will believe what I have always believed. Success of the football team is what happens on the pitch. It''s about the football players winning matches. we haven''t declined for 10 years. That''s a myth. A myth you for some reason like to spread. We have declined for 4 years. The last decent football manager we had was Worthy. The last decent team we had was his team. Since then successive football managers have wasted successive football budgets until we ended up where we did last may. Those managers were appointed by the board of directors. So the board of directors are ultimately responsible for the decline over the last 4 years. We could agree there but it''s not enough is it? You have to tell me we have declined for 10 years. It''s not true and when I point out it''s not true you take it personally.

When Smith&Jones became owners of the club we had just avoided relegation to the Third Division. We then improved on the field year in year out. The quality of players improved year in year out. The results improved year in year out. The crowds increased year in year out. For six years we were the complete opposite of decline. If you can''t see that is the truth then you are entitled to your view and i will even respect it but I will also forever believe you are wrong.

Maybe we should just leave it at that. We can at least agree that the club has had four years of decline on the pitch.

I believe that decline is due to poor appointments of managers who wasted the player budgets and took the club to the Third Division. You seem to think it''s due to spine roads, hotels and land deals. We will have to agree to differ on that.

But I will just add that i don''t attack people who  have a valid question about the economics of our club. It''s the stuff they make up in support of those valid questions that I attack. But then again if those questions are so valid why do they need to make stuff up to support them in the first place.

[/quote]

???? - 1960       several seasons in the third tier

1960 - 1972      12 seasons in the second tier

1972 - 1995      21/23 seasons in the first tier

2/23 seasons in the second tier

1995 - 2009      1/12 seasons in the first tier

11/12 seasons in the second tier

2009 - ????       ?/? seasons in the third tier

Now you tell us where are the (a) peaks and troughs and (b) when decline set in.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

???? - 1960       several seasons in the third tier

Now you tell us where are the (a) peaks and troughs and (b) when decline set in.

OTBC

[/quote]

I reckon we peaked in 92/93 when we finished third in the top flight. As for the lowest ebb, probably when we had to apply for re-election to the league, I believe it was four times.

The peaks and troughs wouldn''t be clearly apparent from the representation of our history that you have summarised, mainly because we have only played in Divisions 1,2 or 3, so there would be lots of straight lines across the graph. Perhaps you could delve a bit deeper and display our finishing league position in the overall league hierarchy every year since we joined the football league in 1920. That would give us a much better idea of peaks and troughs. Thanks.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

1920 - 1934      14 seasons in thw third-fourth (equivalent) tier  

1934- 1939       5 seasons in the second tier

1939- 1960       21 seasons in  the third-fourth (equivalent) tier

OTBC

[/quote]

I reckon we peaked in 92/93 when we finished third in the top flight. As for the lowest ebb, probably when we had to apply for re-election to the league, I believe it was four times.

The peaks and troughs wouldn''t be clearly apparent from the representation of our history that you have summarised, mainly because we have only played in Divisions 1,2 or 3, so there would be lots of straight lines across the graph. Perhaps you could delve a bit deeper and display our finishing league position in the overall league hierarchy every year since we joined the football league in 1920. That would give us a much better idea of peaks and troughs. Thanks.

[/quote]

There we are Duncan - that''s what I''ve got time for (in green above). There is a pretty clear Bell Curve with two principal troughs at our earliest and latest years, and a long peak lasting from 1972 to 1995. Our latter trough has not (yet?) reached the depths of the trough constituted by our earliest years.

Our peak was achieved under the leadership of South/Watling/Chase and our latter trough under leadership of Smith/Wynn-Jones.

I think you''ll find we''ve had to apply for re-election 3 times rather than 4 - the two immediate post WW2 seasons and 1956-57.

(By the way Duncan, I saw you play your last match for England in the thumping 4-0 win over France at Wembley in 1957!!!!!!!!! [:D][;)] That was my first match of any note. Halcyon days.[8][<:o)])

OTBC

To my thinking, but correct me if I am wrong, Smith and Jones are only responsible for the years they have been owners of the club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

To my thinking, but correct me if I am wrong, Smith and Jones are only responsible for the years they have been owners of the club.

[/quote]

Therefore....................?

OTBC