Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

City still hold a Premiership record

We also hold the -even more unwanted!-records of the biggest defeat ever suffered by a team leading the Premiership at the time of the match (that, or any league I would think!), that 7-1 slaughter at Blackburn.

7 successive draws-where would Man City be if they''d won all of those-or even 4 of them. Makes you wonder how much longer Hughes will be in charge there. But who would replace him? Mourinho has ego enough, without pitching up there, and Hiddink has a position pending at Chelsea.

Interesting.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]We also hold the -even more unwanted!-records of the biggest defeat ever suffered by a team leading the Premiership at the time of the match (that, or any league I would think!), that 7-1 slaughter at Blackburn.

7 successive draws-where would Man City be if they''d won all of those-or even 4 of them. Makes you wonder how much longer Hughes will be in charge there. But who would replace him? Mourinho has ego enough, without pitching up there, and Hiddink has a position pending at Chelsea.

Interesting.[/quote]Ranieri? I''m sure Man City is a better prospect than Roma

Are we the only side to have never won a premier league away match?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="AJ"]Are we the only side to have never won a premier league away match?
[/quote]

F.A. Carling Premiership League Table - 1992/1993 Season 

What do you think?

OTBC

[/quote]

I think that not only do you give pointless facts put you''re also able to be patronising too!

[quote user="AJ"]Are we the only side to have never won a premier league away match?
[/quote]

What do you think?

OTBC

[/quote]

i think you have sat on microsoft excel all day making it [;)]

or you have just changed us and leeds around [;)]

Tied with Southampton and now Manchester City for the most draws in succession - 7.

OTBC

[/quote]

Cheers.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]we also hold a record, for the biggest defeat on the last day of the season when a team could still stay up.[/quote]

six - wan

at fulharmm

Not absolutely sure about this but were we the very first leaders of the prem after beating arsenal on the opening day back in ........????

We also hold the record for having the only p1ssed up club owner stumbling onto the pitch screeching "Let''s be ''avin ya".....  .

A record likely to stand for ever.......

[quote user="Mushroom"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

What do you think?

OTBC

[/quote]

I think that not only do you give pointless facts put you''re also able to be patronising too!

[/quote]

He is right though , lol. It''s pretty obvious if we finished third that we did win at least one away game.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]I would think he probably meant the 04/05 relegation season where we failed to win an away game. I would have thought that would have been obvious.[/quote]

Andy Johnson the diving fecker[:@]

We hold the record or not very good record of being the highest positioned team at christmas to get relegated from the primiership, we were 8th or something, it was nearly taken off us last season by hull.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

What do you think?

OTBC

[/quote]

i think you have sat on microsoft excel all day making it [;)]

or you have just changed us and leeds around [;)]

[/quote]

I have a horrible feeling that you don''t really get it...

...please tell me it''s not true.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Mushroom"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="AJ"]Are we the only side to have never won a premier league away match?[/quote]

What do you think?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

He is right though , lol. It''s pretty obvious if we finished third that we did win at least one away game.

[/quote]Actually our season stats: 21 wins, 9 draws and 12 defeats could have been achieved without winning away, but we would have needed to win every home game.Of course, they weren''t

I think that the experience of mixed ability classes in recent times has given most of us a great deal more patience than some of us once had.

OTBC

During that 1992-1993 season we were about eight points clear at the top of the Prem at Christmas, never mind being the first leaders after that opening day!

It was ours to win and we couldn''t do it-failing to strengthen the team at the right time and in the right positions comes to mind...ah well...

There is something else about Bly''s table.

Only 2 teams are now below us.

Southampton (points deduction) and Oldham.

What does that tell you?

[quote user="The Butler"]There is something else about Bly''s table.

What does that tell you?

[/quote]Comparing our best ever finish with our worst position for fifty years tells me that you are an extremist Butler![;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]There is something else about Bly''s table.

What does that tell you?

[/quote]Comparing our best ever finish with our worst position for fifty years tells me that you are an extremist Butler![;)][/quote]

Or how far we have fallen in comparrison to the majority of teams in that league.

Yes it is extreme. How we have wasted our opportunities.

Now lets guess who has been in charge for most of that time.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]There is something else about Bly''s table.

What does that tell you?

[/quote]Comparing our best ever finish with our worst position for fifty years tells me that you are an extremist Butler![;)][/quote]

Or how far we have fallen in comparrison to the majority of teams in that league.

[/quote]And did you see what they inherited ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]There is something else about Bly''s table.

What does that tell you?

[/quote]

And did you see what they inherited ?
[/quote]

Property that made them money.

A team that would demolish our present one.

About 16m less debt.

I could go on Bha but you have got the picture.

Gordon passed over a club on the up again. Yes I was there.