Sign in to follow this  
Salford

Top 3 Players of the Season so far

1) Holt

2) Askou

3) Hoolihan

Holt because of the leadership and workrate h brings to the team as well as GOALS GOALS GOALS.

Askou has looks focused and has brought much needed stability to the defence. Could easily play in the Championship next season. A good find.

Hoolihan is a bag of tricks and exciting on the ball. He can create something out of nothing and even though he can be a little over-elaborate he is still a class above the rest.

Just missed out: Russell

Might have been a contender: Spillane

Everyone elses?

1. Holt

2. Askou

3. Hoolahan

Just missed out : Drury or Russell.

Might have been a contender : Spilliane 

Last year i would have have taken a matter of seconds to do my top three.

[quote user="Dicky"]Holt, Doc, Rusty for me.[/quote]

Doherty over Hoolahan?

I won''t shoot you down for having an opinion however!

1) Hoolahan: Without him, we wouldnt be the same side; pulls the strings, makes things happen

2) Askou: Added Strength, Power, Compsosure to the defence

3) Holt: As previously said brings the goals and leadership we need.

However, Drury,Russel & Smith  also deserve a special mention

As in Spillane might have been in there if he''d been fit. He looked good at the start of the season, he''s been unlucky and would surely have been our 1st choice right back.

so how he could have played if he didn''t get injured makes him close to one of the top 3 players this season?

Put me up there then, Norwich could have signed me on a free and i could have been brilliant, if only!

russel l thank god he didnt go to burnley hes been awsome for us this season

holt just been brilliant plus the goals hes scored

drury every game ever dependable gets foward been really good

spillane started brilliantly, if he hadn''t have picked up an injury he''d have probably been up there. whats so hard not to get?!

Holt for finally giving us a real threat up front and a great attitude.

Drury for finally getting back to his best and being a huge asset both defensively and going forward.

Askou for making our central defence look less ponderous than it has for several years.

Nearlys for the Doc who has done well since getting back, Forster who has become the presence in goal that Marshall never was and  Martin for proving the doubters wrong.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nelson (Lamberts first choice)

McVeigh

Otsemebor

Whaley would have been in contention but he went out on loan.

[/quote]

What, no Theo Nutty?[;)]

Holt

Hoolahan

Smith

Holt because like someone else said his work rate and the goals he has scored.  And we wouldn''t be where we are without him.

Hoolahan, although I''m not his biggest fan, since he has come back into the team other defences can''t hadle him.  Also ten goals by December for a midfielder is excellent.

Smith because for him to come into the team and make such a big impact so soon at such a young age has been amazing.  As well as great work rate he has also shown some real quality and I''m sure there is more to come, I''m tipping him to become a canary legend and to have an amazing career. 

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nelson (Lamberts first choice)

McVeigh

Otsemebor

Whaley would have been in contention but he went out on loan.

[/quote]

What, no Theo Nutty?[;)]

[/quote]

He has never been given a proper chance!

BTW, it''s amazing how easy it is to make stuff up and post it on here[Y] I could easily become a stirrer like the others.

Doc would OF been in there but for all the penalties.

Quite like the fact that this year we look have a number of players who could be in there.

1. Jen Berthal Askou- Brilliant defender reads the game awesomely and hope him to be living in his Norfolk long boat for a while.

2. Wesley Hoolahan- Technially a brilliant player can''t say much more about him.

3. Darel Russell- Looks to be at his Norwich best and look forward to seeing him back in the Championship not Lambert has sorted his disicpline out.

Sorry for not putting Holt in, I think he is brilliant I just thought i would be different ;)

this is really tough - and nothing has made me feel better than it being so!!

Smith - without his energy the side is not the same and its his introduction that has given the side its improved defensive balance

Drury - gives us attacking width on the left and is head and shoulders above every other defender at the club this season,  back to his very best now fit again

Hoolahan - gives us that creativity we need to make us a little bit special

Just missed out - Holt - leads the line with such energy and passion - despite his impressive goal tally should have had more and too often out wide when we need him in the middle - simply unlucky in a strongly performing team to be outside the top 3...

1. Russell2. Holt3. Smith/AskouClose-run thing so far - could see any of those 4 (or Drury, Doc, Lappin, Spillane or Hoolahan) picking up the BBMT at the end of the season.agree strongly with what the earlier poster said about spillane... was getting better and better with every game before his injury - i find it hard to imagine that Semi would''ve got anywhere near the 1st XI if he''d stayed fit.  Hopefully he won''t take too long to get match fit once he''s recovered.

I''m actually finding this really quite difficult to do. I think I''d have to include Holt and Hoolahan because their goals, attacking play and all round work rate has been brilliant. Atfer that it''s a case of picking between Doherty, Askou, Drury and Russell. Askou for the way he''s come in and settled so quickly, Drury for the way he''s come back from injury and Doc and Rusty for the way they''ve come back in after uncertain times and (re)established themselves as key players.

On a side note...I can''t help but think some people have got a bit carried away with Spillane. He''s made a handful of appearances all season, unconvincing at centreback and a couple of decent/good performances at right back. That''s about it. I actually don''t think the manager would consider him a first choice player when fit.

I''d go for the same trio. No one else has had the same impact.- Askou has been rock steady and produced better form from Doc (-when Askou was missing on Saturday, Doc was reduced to wrestling again!) He is the main contributor to our recent and surprisingly good defensive record.- Holt has scored some good goals, has played some good passes, has been a handful for other defences, but most of all has been an example of non-stop commitment- Hooly, in a different way to Holt causes confusion in the opposition ranks, has created goals out of nothing, and has contributed 10 goals alreadyNear misses? - Drury - revived and consistent, Lappin consistently good supplier of good crosses and non-stop commitment, Russell effective play in front of the back four

It''s a testament to how things have turned around for us that this is a really difficult decision to make. In recent times there''s only ever been 3 candidates.

1: Theoklitos (hes only let in 7 goals all season :P )

2: Cureton (hes scored 2/2 more than last season for us already :P)

3: McVeigh.....

:P

As you say Lambo, it''s good that there''s so many candidates.

My three are (so unoriginal) Holt, Hoolahan, and Askou.

Just missed out - Martin, Smith, Russell, Drury, Forster.

Devonshire Dirtbox - I think the poster is not saying he was nearly in his choice as he used the words "Might have been" meaning that Spillane started really well but got injured. Had he not got injured he probably would have been a good shout if he''d have continued his form. I think he was just bringing to attention how good a start he''d made and what a shame it was that he got injured.

One that has gone off the boil a bit is Lappin. When we had this not that long ago he was in nearly everyone''s top three. He''s still doing a job and I don''t have any complaints. I think it''s just everybody else has made such a step up to our current drive up the table.

Have to go for

1. Hoolahan

2. Holt

3. Askou

But quite a few other players are playing well, Forster, Rusty & Martin.

[quote user="jb"]1. Russell
2. Holt
3. Smith/Askou

Close-run thing so far - could see any of those 4 (or Drury, Doc, Lappin, Spillane or Hoolahan) picking up the BBMT at the end of the season.

agree strongly with what the earlier poster said about spillane... was getting better and better with every game before his injury - i find it hard to imagine that Semi would''ve got anywhere near the 1st XI if he''d stayed fit.  Hopefully he won''t take too long to get match fit once he''s recovered.

[/quote]

Hello JB,

I have to congratulate you on your avatar, it''s tremendous. Are you sufficiently technical to be able to animate it so that you actually see the horse drown? Now that would be funny [:D]

Askou - For Being Solid In Defence.

Drury - For Being An Excellent And Consistant LB.

Doc - For Fighting And Proving He Deserves A Place In The Team.

Interestingly All Defensive Players.............