Sign in to follow this  
norwichyellow

How would u increase carrow rd by 15 000?

In the interview David Mcnally says"when we are back in the premiership" we will need a 35,000-40,000 capacity stadium. I am not sure how this is achieveable cosidering the Jarrold stand holds only around 8100 and the capacity will need to be increased by 20 000 if the city stand is knocked down.

How dow people feel will be the way to get Carrow road to 40 000+ ?

Did he say anything specifically about expanding Carrow Road? If so then I guess the City Stand would be redeveloped as it is showing its age. Pretty sure there are foundations to allow for a second tier to be put on it?

If he didn''t mention CR specifically then new ground anyone...?

[quote user="morty"]I''d say adding about 15,000 extra seats would be the best way.[/quote]HAjokes aside, i would put a tier on the city stand and personally knock down the hotel brick by brick if it meant getting a corner infill there.

I believe both the City stand and the Jarrold were built with plans ready to build on top/on the back of them.

The city stand pland is interesting... Building it over Carrow Rd (not Koblenz Avenue) and have a tunnel right the way along. There would also be the two corners to fill in. This would then join at the heiht of the Barclay and River End.

[quote user="B-ru"]

I believe both the City stand and the Jarrold were built with plans ready to build on top/on the back of them.

The city stand pland is interesting... Building it over Carrow Rd (not Koblenz Avenue) and have a tunnel right the way along. There would also be the two corners to fill in. This would then join at the heiht of the Barclay and River End.

[/quote]just like St james park where the road goes underneath the tiers. Its a good idea and has been proven to be a success.

Adding a tier to the City Stand would increase the capacity to just over 30,000. Speaking to one of the guys who was working on the construction of the Jarrold Stand at the time, he claimed that an additional tier could not be added to the Jarrod Stand as the foundations were not strong enough, though.

Lets face it, its not going to happen.

If you look at the population demographic of Norfolk then there just aren''t enough people here to get those kind of figures week in - week out.

Its frankly a miracle that we get the figures that we do.

And I think this is the main reason that we suffer in attracting investment, we have reached our peak, theres no expandability that will increase the revenue.

Don''t get me wrong, I''d love to see 40,000 in Carrow road but I doubt the day will come.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

Adding a tier to the City Stand would increase the capacity to just over 30,000. Speaking to one of the guys who was working on the construction of the Jarrold Stand at the time, he claimed that an additional tier could not be added to the Jarrod Stand as the foundations were not strong enough, though.

[/quote]

Oh, perhaps Doncaster ran out of money when it came to planning for the future...?

I think 35,000 with us in the Premiership is very realistic.  I am not saying we would fill 40,000 each home game, but I certainly don''t think 35,000 is too wide of the mark.

Take a £20 average ticket price for those extra 9,000 seats, that would be Â£180,000 a game, say 20 home games (including a couple of cup games), there''s £3.6m a season.

Now I know there would be the additional cost of funding the expansion and additional costs each game for 9,000 more fans, these 9,000 fans would also spend some money on food ad drink etc, so some of these costs would be negated with this.

I would love to see Carrow Road expanded further. But only to a point where it is full every week. I hate to see grounds that are half empty. It reduces atmosphere!

30-35k would be an ideal capacity, and this is definatley achieveable. But like already mentioned this won''t happen for many years unless a Richard Branson turns up

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I think 35,000 with us in the Premiership is very realistic.  I am not saying we would fill 40,000 each home game, but I certainly don''t think 35,000 is too wide of the mark.

Take a £20 average ticket price for those extra 9,000 seats, that would be Â£180,000 a game, say 20 home games (including a couple of cup games), there''s £3.6m a season.

Now I know there would be the additional cost of funding the expansion and additional costs each game for 9,000 more fans, these 9,000 fans would also spend some money on food ad drink etc, so some of these costs would be negated with this.

[/quote]

i think a good indication to what could be realistically achieved is a trip to wembley, we will see how many tickets we sell if we make it there. This will be a good indication of our maximum support.

Last time in 2002 at cardiff i believe we sold 28k.

the city stand was built with the possibility of another tier being added if ever needed. thats why its a flat roof, how many does it hold? 6 or 7000? thats almost half the attendance taken into account in there and then.

A corner infill could swell it by another thousand.. cant think where it will go though.... ;)

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="morty"]I''d say adding about 15,000 extra seats would be the best way.[/quote]
HA
jokes aside, i would put a tier on the city stand and personally knock down the hotel brick by brick if it meant getting a corner infill there.
[/quote]

Well said, blow it up!

Wembley/Cardiff tickets are not a good indication of how many fans would attend Carrow Road every home game. There are fans all around thew country (and world) who would make a one-off visit to a final of some sort, but I doubt most of them would travel to Norwich for every home game.

you will not be able to build in the corner due to the away fan segregation rules so the only way we can build in the conor if we moved the aways fans, the hotel may not fill up rooms but on match days it seems to be full of paying customers buying drinks. and maybe we will be able to fill a bigger stadium in the future due to the fact norwich is growing many news housing projects are going on.

I dunno i think we can prolly get 40k people if we were in the Prem.Eg: i havent had a season ticket in years because i havent lived in England but with me set to move back to the Norwich area im very much thinking about getting one for 20010 - 11 season.Im sure im one of many + dont forget if we hit the Prem again many of the glory fans or the I want to see Chelsea / Arsenal / Man Utd business types will all start comming out of the woodwork.Alas, the Prem and stadium expansion is surely a discussion for around 2015 realistically ???

[quote user="Crox"]you will not be able to build in the corner due to the away fan segregation rules so the only way we can build in the conor if we moved the aways fans, the hotel may not fill up rooms but on match days it seems to be full of paying customers buying drinks. and maybe we will be able to fill a bigger stadium in the future due to the fact norwich is growing many news housing projects are going on.[/quote]

They could fill in that corner, its nothing to do with segregation rules. What about Southampton, Hull, Coventry, where they are bowl and all corners filled in.

[quote user="RobFoyster"]

[quote user="Crox"]you will not be able to build in the corner due to the away fan segregation rules so the only way we can build in the conor if we moved the aways fans, the hotel may not fill up rooms but on match days it seems to be full of paying customers buying drinks. and maybe we will be able to fill a bigger stadium in the future due to the fact norwich is growing many news housing projects are going on.[/quote]

They could fill in that corner, its nothing to do with segregation rules. What about Southampton, Hull, Coventry, where they are bowl and all corners filled in.

[/quote]

You obviously weren''t at So''ton the other week then, because although you are right in saying they are bowl shaped, the whole corner to the left of us was completely empty and covered with netting.

[quote user="RobFoyster"]

[/quote]

o right then well we could give the whole of the jarrold to the home support and use the corner as away area but the cost of taking down the hotel unless the owners will pay that charge

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="RobFoyster"]

[/quote]

You obviously weren''t at So''ton the other week then, because although you are right in saying they are bowl shaped, the whole corner to the left of us was completely empty and covered with netting.

[/quote]

hmm Maybe i was right hehe nah well maybe we should keep the hotel there and put another level on the other stands

[quote user="norwichyellow"]

In the interview David Mcnally says"when we are back in the premiership" we will need a 35,000-40,000 capacity stadium. I am not sure how this is achieveable cosidering the Jarrold stand holds only around 8100 and the capacity will need to be increased by 20 000 if the city stand is knocked down.

How dow people feel will be the way to get Carrow road to 40 000+ ?

[/quote]

Could have used the corner infill between  the Barclay and Jarrold until the hotel was built. Stupid idea to build the hotel there in my opinion. 

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I dunno i think we can prolly get 40k people if we were in the Prem.
Eg: i havent had a season ticket in years because i havent lived in England but with me set to move back to the Norwich area im very much thinking about getting one for 20010 - 11 season.
[/quote]

Crikey! That''s a bit of a wait just to get a season ticket. Kudos to you if you intend to last that long!!

My understanding from last time we were in the Premier League and looking to expand (had we stayed up) was that the club had an agreement with the council to either purchase or build over (i.e. Newcastle) the road behind the City stand.

one strange thing is we are getting more fans now then we did in the prem but the stadium has been increased since then but when we were in the champ or league 1 before we were only getting between 18-20k

Adding a tier to the city stand would be possible as we own the road outside. Corner fills are too expensive as you need curved steel etc. so would not be financial as sensible as a new tier on top of the City stand.

As for filling it, 40 % of City fans travel more than an hour (each way) to see the side every other week, we''d easily fill 30''000 / 35''000 in the premiership as long as we kept the ticketing policy. People are wanting Sullivan or Gold to invest but would you be happy with a 50% plus increase in tickets, as that is want happened at Birmingham hence the drop in crowds they had. I''m not sure.....

I think we could easily sell 25-30k season tickets in the Prem. Then you have got much bigger away support coming too. West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal etc..could all bring up to 5k on their own.

35K no problem whatsoever.