Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Foy

Massive Night For Us!

Just been looking at the fixtures tonight, and just how important they are. look at these:

Brighton v Charlton, 19:45

Millwall v MK Dons, 19:45

Southend v Norwich, 19:45

Stockport v Swindon, 19:45

Yeovil v Walsall, 19:45

All the top teams (Leeds, Charlton, Colchester, Us, MK Dons) all have away games to fairly equal opposition - I''m including Brighton in this category as I imagine they''ll be half decent at home). Only Huddersfield are one of the contenders with an easy game, being at home to Tranmere.

Basically, I really think that tonights like this matter in the season. Tough, gritty away games to average teams. I think that the teams that want it most will show tonight. We have to have loads of desire to go to a poor ground, on a cold tuesday night and get a win! If we can, we could be in a really good position after the close of play.

What does everyone else think? Is everyone else as nervous as I am??!!

First time i have felt really nervous in a while now, tonghts game has massive bannana skin written all over it.

If we win, we are real contenders but a defeat will be very telling on the rest of the campaign i feel.

looks like southampton have the easiest game, tranmere won away the other day and played well against us, charlton have been indifferent away from home whilst leeds face a difficukt oldham trip. I dont care what they do though, we gotta win our game.

For me this is a very smiliar game to Saturdays horrible place to go, cold, dark could be wet. terrible ground poor pitch. They will try & hit us with the long ball game & we might struggle!

We need to be on top form, I''m sure two new players(sorry loanee''s) will play a big part & the rest need to raise their game after Saturday''s performance.

Yeah, that''s the thing. Tonight will really seperate the men from the boys. anyone reckon the Mac Daddy (my personal nickname I have created for McNamee) will start? I reckon he''ll be on the bench, and come on about 60/70 mins if we''re losing/drawing at the time.

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]Yeah, that''s the thing. Tonight will really seperate the men from the boys. anyone reckon the Mac Daddy (my personal nickname I have created for McNamee) will start? I reckon he''ll be on the bench, and come on about 60/70 mins if we''re losing/drawing at the time.[/quote]if he carves the defence he can be "mac the knife" :)

[quote user="Spud1973"]

For me this is a very smiliar game to Saturdays horrible place to go, cold, dark could be wet. terrible ground poor pitch. They will try & hit us with the long ball game & we might struggle!

We need to be on top form, I''m sure two new players(sorry loanee''s) will play a big part & the rest need to raise their game after Saturday''s performance.

[/quote]

Its sqeaky bum time folks!

Tonight will be a very difficult game, especially on the back of a poor performance against Carlisle. Southend will not be an easy place to go and they have i think one the top league one goal scorers in Barnard, so we will need to keep an eye on him. Forgetting about other results and obviously we should be looking to win but I would take a draw

[quote user="yoda"]a win tonight could be massive CA[/quote]

Certainly would be Yoda [:D]