I thought that the beahivour of the spurs fans in the river end and corner infill was discraceful at the tottenham game, and some of the Norwich fans got kicked out for them?!
Anyones thoughts on this subject?

[quote]I thought that the beahivour of the spurs fans in the river end and corner infill was discraceful at the tottenham game, and some of the Norwich fans got kicked out for them?! Anyones thoughts on this...[/quote]

I was down the other end, what happened??

I sit in the River end and what I could see was a couple of Tottenham fans cheering on the Spuds and City fans obviously getting a touch annoyed. Both towards the middle of the stand and in the new infil. A bloke and his kids were shown the door but I wasn''t sure if they were City fans or Spurs. If they were City fans, I think its a disgrace!!!

There seemed to be three groups. Some in the rear centre of N&P lower, some (3 or 4) in the very front corner near the infill - these were nearest me - and some in the infill.

The club''s policy re stewarding seems to be "talk nicely to them and hope they behave" - which to be fair they largely did. But problems arise because

a)it winds up the Norwich fans, and creates a situation which could quite easily turn very nasty.

b)it disrupts the viewing of the game - lots of standing up and shouting to them and back at them

c) it prevents other NCFC fans getting tickets.

But what really annoys me is that I suspect these seats are normally season tickets holders who are on holiday at Christmas.  If they were "spare" seats then we would see away supporters there more often.  So somewhere there is a family of 4 (may be several families as there seemed to be 2 or 3 groups) who have "lent" their tickets to some "friends" in the knowledge they were Spurs supporters. Season tickets are not transferrable, (certainly not to away fans!).  I hope the ticket office investigates - it will be clear whose normal seats they are.

If they were not season tickets this means they bought the tickets from the club - naughty club! Or black market which is impossible to control.

I was disappointed with the stewarding - the Spurs fans should have been moved. The head section steward seemed unclear what to do, and left it to the stewards who are usually on duty - and they have no experience of handling difficult issues (as we are all so polite and law abiding in the N&P lower!). I was surprised that the police were not called to be on stand by. One policeman would have been sensible.

The club need to review the whole position carefully.

in the jarrold stand 2 spurs fans with there son were giving it the bigun when spurs scored this made norwich fans very angry which the spurs fans didnt like .i feel that the couple who supported spurs took there son into this situation,were pathtic what did they expect,and how did they get tickets in the home section would norwich city let me buy a ticket and sit in the away section.im fed up with theses away fans getting tickets in the home section you are asking for trouble.

[quote]I don''t know, the nerve of away supporters. Thank god we didn''t do the same thing at games like Watford, MK Dons etc last season[/quote]

True ncfc4prem.  But when I went to Watford and sat in the home end I didn''t wear any colours and I sat on my hands and shut up for 90 minutes.  I didn''t take the p**s when we scored or won.  Also, I wouldn''t have had the audacity to be annoyed if I got chucked out. 

Spurs fans were on radio norfolk after the game saying how badly they were treated in the home end.  Well they can sod off as far as I''m concerned.  The home end is for home fans and they should expect everything they get

We sit in the family enclosure in between the Geoffrey Watling/River End. There was a block of Tottenham fans of about 20 and they were all "together" as they kept swapping seats with each other and going to the bar/loos together. How did this happen? 20 seats available, all sitting together??????

I know if you phone and want a couple of tickets you won''t be asked who you support.

Whats the answer though?

there were two spurs fans in the upper barclay block A just near me - they were quiet for most of the game but celebrated the spurs goals. after the second goal a city fan went to ask a steward to have a word with them/kick them out but the steward basically seemed to be saying there was nothing he could do - then two minutes later a fight breaks out up there between them and some city fans and i think one of the spurs fans was ejected.

after the game a steward said to us that they were local fans who had norwich membership but their main team was spurs so that''s how they got the tickets. you''d think they''d have had more sense and kept their mouths shut, but if the stewards had done something when they were asked to then the fight wouldn''t have happened...

I sit in the family inclosure in the n&p end and there were 3 spurs fans sitting right behind me given it the bigun. Even if they did have memberships the should not have the cheek to sit in our stands and cheers for spurs. It kicked off at couple of points and we got threatened to be kicked with them not even getting a word with.

I was in the infill and there was one bloke above the underpass that made the school boy error of standing and cheering when spurs scored. Which did seem a basic error when there are obviously going to be drunk city fans surrrounding him. He was with a bunch of city fans and I got the impression that he was from Norwich and a member.

Seems the type thats a glory hunting (I know theres not much with spurs) spurs fan from norwich that goes to norwich regularly just to watch some footie. So he got his ticket legitimatley.

But I agree, it does seem odd that they managed to get 20 all together.

the club should investigate.

[quote]in the jarrold stand 2 spurs fans with there son were giving it the bigun when spurs scored this made norwich fans very angry which the spurs fans didnt like .i feel that the couple who supported spur...[/quote]

I know this happend right near me bloody bloke was kicking off then he started saying he had his kid with him

and I actually said to the police and the stewards that this is causing possible trouble but they just shruged there shoulders and left them there this all happend after first spurs goal then when they got second spurs bloke jumped up again when they scored cheering which upset all the norwich fans around him

they left after this but then when i was leaving the stewards let them back in again

We must cctv on stands why can''t Norwich take action against these people

I thought the policy was to either kick away fans out of the home end or move them into the away section?

I find it really bad that Norwich people can''t get tickets yet loads of away get tickets in the home areas

Come on Norwich city fc/police sort it out

I sit in the family enclosure next to the city stand in the n&p, and there were 2 Spurs fans a couple of seats away, who''d taken the tickets off a family away for crimbo. Had a bit of banter with and no one seemed to mind them being there.

When Spuds scored, they still sat their quietly, but the way City fans acted was disgusting i thought. Yes these spurs fans should not have been there, but they were keeping quiet, and there was no need for some moron city fans to suddenly just stand up and start screaming abuse at them.

was a spurs fan in lower barcley. when people ask for him to be removed steward just laughed when he was removed steward should have got his seat number . i spoke to a copper about it & said the club dont care as long as the seat was sold.i have phoned   MR BLACKBURN  up before about away fans in home ends but he didnt return my call. i think its about time the club looks as this .

[quote]was a spurs fan in lower barcley. when people ask for him to be removed steward just laughed when he was removed steward should have got his seat number . i spoke to a copper about it & said the c...[/quote]

the spurs fan in the Lower Barclay was a session ticket holder and had every right to be there. Its the morons who chant  abuse  at them who should be kicked out ( girl in Block E row R seat 129 ). If people commit to a session ticket for a club they don''t support they should be applauded not abused.

We’ve covered this topic before. I’m a season ticket holder and if the situation arises where I’m unable to get to a match I’ll lend my ticket to whoever I bloody like thank you regardless of who they support. The pittance that the club offer as a buy-back is hardly an incentive.

I didn’t witness the specific events on Sunday but it takes two to pick a fight and I suspect that the ncfc supporters weren’t entirely blameless. Last season there were ncfc supporters amongst the home fans at Watford, MK Dons, Ipswich, West Ham etc. How about showing some maturity and concentrating on supporting your own team instead of being distracted and needlessly wound up by supporters of the opponents who may have had the audacity to celebrate their own team scoring. Perhaps, if we’d won the game, the same fans would have taken delight at gloating instead but sadly it was not to be.

[quote]in the jarrold stand 2 spurs fans with there son were giving it the bigun when spurs scored this made norwich fans very angry which the spurs fans didnt like .i feel that the couple who supported spur...[/quote]

KoL: Are you referring to the Spurs fans in Block M very near the front? I was just in front of them and the steward didn''t even move when people told them to sit down. Suffice to say, when a Norwich fan lit up, the man in the orange jacket was very quick to tell him to either put the cigarette out or go inside the stand. It is as though the stewards are scared to do anything to the away supporters. If we stood up, we would be chucked out pretty quickly...
To be fair to the block steward he did summon the Head Steward at the end and they had a word. This is still not enough to deal with away fans in home areas.

[quote]the spurs fan in the Lower Barclay was a session ticket holder and had every right to be there. Its the morons who chant abuse at them who should be kicked out ( girl in Block E row R seat 129 ). If...[/quote]

this spurs fan was not in block E , HE WAS  in  block C . & was not a season ticket holder as the lady he upset was a season  ticket holder & he was using a members ticket he  got at over the odds price

Its a joke that away fans can sit in home areas, a ticket 4 a home game is like gold dust at the moment ! The other fing is they didnt sing or shout anyfin durin the game until they scored and that insensed alot of ppl includin me ! I was sitin in the g/watlin stand where there was spurs fans n a few norwich fans were exchangin f words with them! U wait til we play man u at home, there wil b even more trust me ! Unfortunatly !!!

There were also a couple in the snake pit, who had been respectful all the way through, but could not hide their Thetford roots when Keane put his goal away.

I do not mind if away fans sit in home areas, as long as they are silent, respectful and do not make it obvious "who they are".

The stewarding is another point altogether though, and surely any objections, especially from the home fans should be dealt with seriously, and not shrugged off!!