Sign in to follow this  
AJ

I think we've found our 20 goals a season striker

18 and it''s not even Christmas yet!What a player, and making a good captain. Talk about setting an example!What a signing!

[quote user="AJ"]I think we''ve found our 20 goals a season striker[/quote]Yep, Martin is certainly looking good for 20 this season.And Holts not bad either!

I think he is the highest scorer in the country now.

As Mello said, keeping him is the biggest thing, he is not only a fantastic scorer, he is a really good captain.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Why? Where''s he going, why would he want to go, why would we sell??[/quote]

A proven goal scorer you can bet your bottom dollar a club will come in for him in January, why would he want to go?  Money, why would we want to sell, erm, money [:D]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Why? Where''s he going, why would he want to go, why would we sell??[/quote]

Hasn''t anyone told you?

Just putting it into perspective;Martin and Hoolahan have 10 each as well don''t they? They can both aim for 20 as well I think!

[quote user="AJ"]18 and it''s not even Christmas yet!What a player, and making a good captain. Talk about setting an example!What a signing![/quote]

Yeah, well done Gunn, fantastic signing.

He scored goals last season and nobody came in, he got a long contract here so we only sell on our terms, unless it''s stupid money there is no deal!!

[quote user="AJ"]Just putting it into perspective;Martin and Hoolahan have 10 each as well don''t they? They can both aim for 20 as well I think![/quote]Indeed, why not?Their half way, and the seasons hardly half gone. Don''t see why at least one of them can''t make it.

Grant Holt is just bloody awesome.

They might as well just give him the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy now.

[quote user="Beatle"]

I LOVE HIM!

And I''m married with 2 kids!!!!!

OTBC!

[/quote]

Is this man or woman love?

I hate to burst canary calls bubble...how can you compare Holt (who is playing in 3rd division) with Robbo and others who played in prem/2nd div.Nothing against Holt, hes a quality striker but 3rd division is worse than 2nd. Isnt it?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Got to make sure we hang on to him in January though[/quote]

My thoughts too mate..............its worrying.

[/quote]

I would like to think that he would show some dedication to the club, manager and fans more importantly, but we all know when big money is waved that goes out the window

Agree CT, but he is more dynamic, works harder and I think he has a better eye for a goal, although Roberts had a far better heading ability and his passion for us was amazing.

Remember Roberts 1st season? He was awful.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Agree CT, but he is more dynamic, works harder and I think he has a better eye for a goal, although Roberts had a far better heading ability and his passion for us was amazing.

Remember Roberts 1st season? He was awful.

[/quote]My first season was the 2002-03 season. I missed his first season by a good few years.

To the bloke who said "he scored last season and nobody came in for him" I must have missed his appearences for us last season ;)

I agree with CT to a point - you have to consider that we are at a lower level than when Iwan et al played for us, but equally I''ve been following NCFC for 30 years and don''t recall us having a player on 18 goals quite this early in the season.

Holt has so far proved to be a great signing, and long may it continue - as with Iwan, you get more than just a striker, he pops up in defence and plays his part for the whole team.

For one reason or another he does seem to have the reputation for being a league 1/2 player, and so long as Champ sides think that, he will be safe and sound with us this transfer window. After all, this isn''t the first season he has scored plenty. The bigger problem might be keeping him next summer if we don''t go up, but let''s not think about that....

[quote user="Lambo"]Has Holt ever been given a chance at Championship level??[/quote]Sheff Wed picked him up from non-league a good few years ago but he wasn''t a hit and he spent a month or 2 on loan at Blackpool from Forest a couple of seasons ago