Sign in to follow this  
Murphy and the Bricks

Chris Martin

Is it me????.....I don''t buy into the whole "Supa Chris" thing! I think he is a lazy, arrogant, big time Charlie. His performance on Saturday was appauling(I know the whole team didnt play well). But from Martin you get no tracking back, little effort & a load of huffing & puffing. Holt, Cody or Wes lose the ball & they fight tooth & nail to at least try & win it back, Martin will shrug his shoulders or claim a foul. At the start of the season he looked hungry but now, he seems to have lost the desire.....Maybe a few games on the bench might restore his commitment?

[quote user="Spud1973"]Is it me????.....I don''t buy into the whole "Supa Chris" thing! I think he is a lazy, arrogant, big time Charlie. His performance on Saturday was appauling(I know the whole team didnt play well). But from Martin you get no tracking back, little effort & a load of huffing & puffing. Holt, Cody or Wes lose the ball & they fight tooth & nail to at least try & win it back, Martin will shrug his shoulders or claim a foul. At the start of the season he looked hungry but now, he seems to have lost the desire.....Maybe a few games on the bench might restore his commitment?[/quote]

Yes,it''s you[;)]

He didn''t get any service, it wasn''t going his way so he got subbed off. What more do you want?

Why start blaming indivuals when the team as a whole has been playing brilliantly? CM has scored enough goals to be allowed the odd bad game.

100% you

its not all about running around like a headless chicken!!

and i take it you were not at the game on Tuesday because he work tirelessly to track players back!!

Best finisher at the club by a country mile. One of those frustrating strikers that drift in and out of games, but why would you even think of breaking up the 3 forward lads that contributed  +30 goals already?   

Its just me then after all I am entilted to my opinion. I''ll take it on the chin......  I don''t expect him to run around like a headless chicken. You must have seen a differnt game to me Tuesday then & yes I was there just like I''m at every game & have been for the past 20 years.

Some of the best goal scorers there''s been have been deemed lazy and bone idle.  Gary Lineker the world''s greatest goal hanger.   I''m not suggesting Martin is as good as Lineker, but Martin is on his way to score 20 goals. 

I don''t buy into this "Supa Chris" thing.

"Super Chris", on the other hand, I could live with.

Hello Glenn!! Long time, what have you been doing with yourself? Playing Football Manager by any chance, trying to learn some tricks you can carry over in the slim hope you can get another managerial job?

I`m not sure i remember a game this season when Martin hasn`t either scored or created a goal for us- how many penalties has he won us?  Good player.

Its definitely just you.Our front three have contributed 30 goals.  Martin is a superb finisher and causes mayhem on the ball.  Holt had a poor game as well and drifted around, so is he a i time charlie?One poor game and people go nuts,  We are fourth in the league and are knocking in goals for fun.

[quote user="ref89"]Its definitely just you.Our front three have contributed 30 goals.  Martin is a superb finisher and causes mayhem on the ball.  Holt had a poor game as well and drifted around, so is he a i time charlie?One poor game and people go nuts,  We are fourth in the league and are knocking in goals for fun.[/quote]Pity we didn''t have more fun Saturday [;)]

Note I did say "the whole team didnt play well". I don''t dispute the finishing aspect of his game its the work etihic and I''m not just talking about the Carlisle game!  Sorry my mistake its actully 26 years & not 20, my god how time flies when you are having fun!

[quote user="Spud1973"]Is it me????.....I don''t buy into the whole "Supa Chris" thing! I think he is a lazy, arrogant, big time Charlie. His performance on Saturday was appauling(I know the whole team didnt play well). But from Martin you get no tracking back, little effort & a load of huffing & puffing. Holt, Cody or Wes lose the ball & they fight tooth & nail to at least try & win it back, Martin will shrug his shoulders or claim a foul. At the start of the season he looked hungry but now, he seems to have lost the desire.....Maybe a few games on the bench might restore his commitment?[/quote]

I pretty much agree with that. He can be lazy. He was useless against Brighton the other night until he scored the goal late on.

He''s got talent but he doesn''t always put in the work he should do and (just as when he first arrived on the scene) people get carried away with how good he is.

I think he''s just about worth his place in the team at the moment (as long as he''s scoring a few goals and creating chance) but out of him, Holt and Wes he''d be the first one you''d want to replace.

Subbing him occasionally will certainly do no harm, so let''s hope it has the desired affect for tomorrow. Any player that is picked game after game will get complacent, and Lambert needs to keep Chris on his toes IMO.

He''s only going to get better with time. His loan spell at Luton certainly did him the world of good and he is almost a dead cert for 20 goals this season at least. Sure, he''s not gonig to have play blinder every game. But he''s still been an important player for us this season so far and will no doubt become even more important as the season''s conclusion arrives.

[quote user="Superflash"]He''s only going to get better with time. His loan spell at Luton certainly did him the world of good and he is almost a dead cert for 20 goals this season at least. Sure, he''s not gonig to have play blinder every game. But he''s still been an important player for us this season so far and will no doubt become even more important as the season''s conclusion arrives.[/quote]

I actually think, unless he starts putting more into games and/or scoring more goals, he could be someone who could let us down (in terms of our promotion campaign). And by "let us down" I just mean...not good enough to do what we need.

But as I said earlier, and several times before, he''s a talented player. So it''s up to him to prove himself (which he''s still yet to do).

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Superflash"]He''s only going to get better with time. His loan spell at Luton certainly did him the world of good and he is almost a dead cert for 20 goals this season at least. Sure, he''s not gonig to have play blinder every game. But he''s still been an important player for us this season so far and will no doubt become even more important as the season''s conclusion arrives.[/quote]

I actually think, unless he starts putting more into games and/or scoring more goals, he could be someone who could let us down (in terms of our promotion campaign). And by "let us down" I just mean...not good enough to do what we need.

But as I said earlier, and several times before, he''s a talented player. So it''s up to him to prove himself (which he''s still yet to do).

[/quote]Dont see how he has let us down. He may not chase all the time but we need someone to remain in the middle to give us options.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]
Dont see how he has let us down. He may not chase all the time but we need someone to remain in the middle to give us options.
[/quote]

To be fair I said "could let us down"

I''ve said it earlier on in the season, he is someone who I could see not being good enough across a full season for a team chasing promotion.

I suggest his critics look at his overall contribution and particularly in the several games before Carlisle.  A striker who either scores, wins a pen or sets a goal up in nearly every game is doing his job well.

[quote user="Spud1973"]So I''m not quite the only one then....thank god for that i thought i was going mad!!!!!![/quote]

Not ex-referee spud is it?

Pippo Inzaghi does''t run around a lot either, still scores his head off though (and I love how he celebrates each one like they''re a 30 yard wonder volley). Aslong as Chrissy is putting the ball in the back I''ve no problem with him.

He has a good touch, is strong & has an eye for goal. He also has that arrogance that all effective strikers require; my only worry is that this arrogance needs to be tempered by the realisation that the more he helps the team the more goals he will score. I''m sure Lambert will keep him informed of this fact.