Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Radio Norfolk Commentator

He''s miles better than Nick Bowler (which isn''t hard). Would be nice if he could distinguish between Russell and Chris a bit more often for us though.

[quote user="PBTC"]He''s miles better than Nick Bowler (which isn''t hard). Would be nice if he could distinguish between Russell and Chris a bit more often for us though.[/quote]"Martin, plays it into Martin, lays it back off to Martin who shoots. Ooooooooh,  Martin scores! What a great strike by Martin. Great play by Martin as well. Very well worked goal"

[quote user="glove1"]SO SO SO much better than goreham.[/quote]ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? HE''S AWFUL!He''s depressingly boring (worth saying he''s not quite as bad as that bloke that did Swindon away in the JPT), descriptions are vague, and he is utterly devoid of any emotion. He bloody leaves the audience clueless when he returns from updates on other fixtures as to who has the ball in possession (along the lines of "Oh and he brings the up to the box... And shoots... Oooh that wasn''t far wide from Lappin" well you could of bloody told us! I was just as much expecting Nicky Barnard to get one past us for 10 seconds there!). + His lack of build up of any real emotion doesn''t give a remotely detailed portrayal of the game (at least with Goreham, when the pressure was on and the side was approaching the box you could (to an extent) tell where the ball was, given the features of his voice and his willingness to give as much description as he could in the play).This guy is truly dreadful, and bad enough for me to cancel my world subscripton if he becomes a permanent fixture.(+ i could swear he''s a Southend fan. The despondance in his voice after the Shrimpers give the ball away does leave one to assume so)

BBJ, No need to worry , he is very well thought of at 5 live.

Not good enough to commentate in League 1, but is for premier league.

Still I expect you know best.

I love Chris Goreham''s enthusiam/passion but this guy is doing ok for me.

this guy is shocking! He doesnt keep up with the game at all. he sort of shouts but you dont know who has shot/scored etc.

For example, for the disallowed goal I had no idea who had scored and it paniced me so much!

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]this guy is shocking! He doesnt keep up with the game at all. he sort of shouts but you dont know who has shot/scored etc.

For example, for the disallowed goal I had no idea who had scored and it paniced me so much![/quote]Exactly how i felt Glenn. He rarely refers to the relevent team, and only occupies himself with the course of play. Very irritating.Having said that i felt he improved in the second half (though by no means was he lacking of flaws).

[quote user="Helen"]I think this guy is normally the commentator for Lowestoft Town FC.[/quote]

He is one of radio 5 commentators. I doubt he does Lowe Town.

[quote]

He joined BBC Radio Sport and the BBC Radio 5 Live team in late 1999. Since then, he has become a regular voice at football matches on Saturday Sport on 5 Live and has covered several high-profile events.

Mike has reported at two Commonwealth Games, the 2004 Paralympics, Wimbledon and The Open golf, and spent the 2005 Formula One season patrolling the pit lane in search of driver interviews.

He still has another ambition to fulfil and that is to commentate at the new Wembley! [/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote]

He joined BBC Radio Sport and the BBC Radio 5 Live team in late 1999. Since then, he has become a regular voice at football matches on Saturday Sport on 5 Live and has covered several high-profile events.

Mike has reported at two Commonwealth Games, the 2004 Paralympics, Wimbledon and The Open golf, and spent the 2005 Formula One season patrolling the pit lane in search of driver interviews.

He still has another ambition to fulfil and that is to commentate at the new Wembley! [/quote]

[/quote] Blimey, is he a friend/relation of yours Angel??

I thought he was awful. The only time I knew where the ball was for certain was at the start of each half and when it was on the penalty spot!!!

[quote user="methcanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote]

I thought he was awful. The only time I knew where the ball was for certain was at the start of each half and when it was on the penalty spot!!!

[/quote]

I would imagine that CA got it from the BBC site, she is too busy stalking Hucks still.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="methcanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote]

[/quote]

I would imagine that CA got it from the BBC site, she is too busy stalking Hucks still.

[/quote] Yeh, good point!!

lay off Goreham I had the advantage over U.K followers of watching City v Carlisle on T V live and at the same time taking Radio Norfolk Commentary via Canary World. The audio was slightly ahead of the action but the description

was spot on. I have wondered how accurate the commentators are but Goreham was much better than some of the drivel we get from T.V comentators.

[quote user="methcanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote]

[/quote]

Never heard of him, got it by googling him. Plus I''m not stalking anyone, got over Hucks a long time ago and have moved on.