Sign in to follow this  
ca

Twitters & Blogs on the Pinkun

I know that once you get older [:''(] that its harder to keep up with modern technology but could someone please explain to me what the benfits of Twitters & Blogs on the pinkun site are all about??

Aren''t they just comments/views that could be put on the message board or am I missing something?

Also why are there so many threads advertising them, surely if people wanted to read them they would without being reminded.

Enlighten me someone [:)]

I find this difficult to explain, so forgive me if I sound like I''m talking rubbish...

But it''s like suggesting a news report is the same as an opinion piece in a newspaper which is the same as a forum post on a message board. They are all collections of words, but they are different in terms of audience, language, content, bias, direction, authority and opinion.

Diversity is the spice of life... different forms of expression weather they be news reports, columns, articles, blogs, twitter, status updates, forum posts, bulliten board posts... s''all good - you choose what you like. More choice = good.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]twitter = haiku ?
[/quote]

Isnt haiku is an esoteric form of poetry/art inpenetrable to most - oh - yup - I get the allusion  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]twitter = haiku ?[/quote]

Isnt haiku is an esoteric form of poetry/art inpenetrable to most - oh - yup - I get the allusion  

[/quote]Watch the sun risingUnderstanding ? A GlimmerRealisation Dawns.[;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Watch the sun rising
Understanding ? A Glimmer
Realisation Dawns.

[;)]
[/quote]

QFT

Spot on blahx3

[quote user="cityangel"]

I know that once you get older [:''(] that its harder to keep up with modern technology but could someone please explain to me what the benfits of Twitters & Blogs on the pinkun site are all about??

Aren''t they just comments/views that could be put on the message board or am I missing something?

Also why are there so many threads advertising them, surely if people wanted to read them they would without being reminded.

[/quote]

I can answer this one for you re the blogs.

I am training to be a journalist so the blog is something that I can show an editor.

I would say that the style of the story is different to what is written on the message board, it''s generally less scattergun and hopefully easier to read. eg... I put a lot more thought and time into what I write in my blog than i do when I write on the MB.

I write a blog as i feel I have something to say...

I hope that the people who take the time to read my blog like reading something written by someone who has had involvement in the game to a degree (as a youth player at Fulham and as a football agent, as well as working for the News of the World and Daily Mail sportsdesks as well as working for 442 where I am currently)  ...In other words I hope people think i''ll read what the chirp has to say as he seems to possibly know a little about what he is talking about!

People can take it or leave the blogs... I really like writing it and I am sure all the other bloggers do as well.  

Hopefully some on here enjoy what we write!

If not oh well!

Talking of blogs, I''ve just started a new one. Latest is a satirical swipe at our good friend Roy Keane. [link]http://thefuturesbleak.wordpress.com[/link] please read, hopefully you''ll enjoy and agree.

In terms of their importance- Twitter is the quickest way of finding news instantaneously, literally from people who are there.

Blogs on the otherhand offer writers an outlet without the shackles and constraints of an editor and such. i.e total and utter freedom.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I started this one off just to find out what people think.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1910334/ShowPost.aspx

I agree with what you have said, why not just post them as comments. Taking nothing away from our would be ''journo''s'' but they appear to get so few reads and Pete has to promote them all the while, so, What is the point?

As a guilty party to the blog experience (although not for a while now as I am reminded often!) I guess the reason I wrote mine was that I found it relaxed my brain when I was having ''block'' moments with the real work I should have been doing!I can''t speak for everyone obviously but the feedback I got basically said that many of the people who read them weren''t visitors to any forums at all, they just found them on the site or were emailed links by friends. Does it matter?I''m also not sure what constitutes "so few reads". Can anyone quantify this? Most of mine over the last couple of years hit between 300 and 500. I have no idea if that''s "few" or middlish or many and I don''t really mind. I wrote it; some people read it; some people didn''t; no-one got paid; no-one died; it''s just for fun as far as I''m concerned and I''m unsure as to why it''s an issue for anyone.If you don''t like it, don''t read it, surely? 

[quote user="cityangel"]Sorry Wazz, didn''t see your thread about blogs [:$][/quote]Err...You posted on it.http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1910334/ShowPost.aspx[:S]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="cityangel"]Sorry Wazz, didn''t see your thread about blogs [:$][/quote]Err...You posted on it.http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1910334/ShowPost.aspx[:S][/quote]LQ, you''re alive!!! Good to see you about again!Incidentally, your sig enquires as to where your monkey is?  Did you miss me that much...? [;)][:P]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="cityangel"]Sorry Wazz, didn''t see your thread about blogs [:$][/quote]

Err...

You posted on it.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1910334/ShowPost.aspx

[:S]
[/quote]

Guess I forgot that I posted on it - sorry LQ !!!!!!!!!!

Hiya Monkey,No sorry - I was referring to the one I suggested putting on Wee Gordon Strachan''s back [;)]Probably about time for a change!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]twitter = haiku ?[/quote]

[/quote]Watch the sun risingUnderstanding ? A GlimmerRealisation Dawns.[;)][/quote]blah, this deeply saddens me, but as a founder-member of the Chartered Guild of Fag Packet Haiku Writers I feel it is my duty to point out that you have stretched the third line to an illegal six syllables!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Watch the sun rising
Understanding ? A Glimmer
Realisation Dawns.

[;)]
[/quote]

blah, this deeply saddens me, but as a founder-member of the Chartered Guild of Fag Packet Haiku Writers I feel it is my duty to point out that you have stretched the third line to an illegal six syllables![/quote]

Couldn''t you have just put this in your blog ? [;)]