Sign in to follow this  
Murphy and the Bricks

Theo....

Looks like he is on his way out.....I have a few questions:

Do you think anyone will come in for him???

If so who?

Is he really that bad? Someone must have seen something in him before we signed him, on the whole Gunn''s other signings(if they were Gunny''s) have proved to be good ie Holt & Askou. You would think if Gunny could pick out anyone it would be a decent keeper.

If he were to be given another chance would the fans get behind him?

I''ve met him on a good few occasions & he''s a very nice bloke. I  maybe the only one but I wish him the very best of luck whatever he does & where ever he goes!!!!

[quote user="Spud1973"]

Do you think anyone will come in for him???

[/quote]

I hear Bryan Gunn needs more telesales staff. Failing that could always get a job as a barman. Oh no wait, too many dropped glasses.

I have watched him warm up in recent games and it is quite worrying watching him.

However it probably gives our forwards a lot of confidence scoring past him easily and regularly before the game starts.

I''m told that he''s a really nice guy and I wish him well, but the bottom line is that he looks  a pretty ropey keeper (whether that''s due to his confidence being shot to pieces I don''t know)  and therefore the best thing for all concerned is that he moves on. Unfortuantely he dug a huge hole for himself by failing to turn up at Gillingham and that will be held against him by some fans.

I''d love to see him prove himself elsewhere, but his time at City is over.

[quote user="Spud1973"]

on the whole Gunn''s other signings have proved to be good [/quote]

Gunns signings

Starters

Askou

Holt

Irregulars

McDonald, Nelson, Hughes, Whiggins

Soon to be departed or already gone

Theo,  Whaley, Gill, Tudur Jones, Maric, WLY

Of the irregulars Nelson is appalling but wont leave as we have no other real alternatives for cover,  its too soon to say on whiggins that only leaves McDonald (who has struggled to make an impact and continues to flatter to deceive when the 3 other strikers have all bagged 10 goals ) and Hughes who are good enough to be pushing for a first team place.

So that is 4 possible first team players from 12 signings - on what definitions does that meet the quote above?

I don''t think you can be sure about TJ and Gill, they haven''t been fit since Lambert has been here. That said, I don''t think Gill will cut it, and who knows with TJ, looks lazy but talented to me.

I wouldn''t be surprised if they both left, but I don''t think Lambo will have decided yet.

although seeing him look very ladeback (aussie style) in the warm up to the Col U game, never looked aynthing special in catching, punching, shot stopping, kicking etc. All around sub standard keeper imho. I did reserve my judgement of him despite That performance... but he blew it when he failed to turn up for the game. For a professional footballer to be paid the rediculous amounts of money to not sit on a bench is unforgivable. I am sure he is a nice guy, but he needs a boot in the backside, hopefullly out the side door.

Gunns signings

Starters

Askou

Holt

Irregulars

Askou & Holt = Enough said!

Mcdonald, Hughes, Whiggins, Tudur Jones, Gill = When given enough chance will come good & will all press for a starting place in the team!

Nelson = I''m not sure about, seen some good & bad bits

Whaley = I think loan spell will do him good, although i don''t think he has a future at Norwich/

Maric = Decent striker doesnt stand a chance with M, H & H playing the way they are at present.

Theo = going going gone.

Mcveigh = usually story plays himself into a contract & then sists back & collect his wages!

[quote user="Canary Wanderer"]I have watched him warm up in recent games and it is quite worrying watching him. However it probably gives our forwards a lot of confidence scoring past him easily and regularly before the game starts.[/quote]

It seems harsh to judge a guy in the warm-up, but my feelings were exactly the same when I saw that he appeared so weak on his left side in the warm-up at Brentford.  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Spud1973"]

on the whole Gunn''s other signings have proved to be good [/quote]

Gunns signings

Starters

Askou

Holt

Irregulars

Of the irregulars Nelson is appalling but wont leave as we have no other real alternatives for cover,  its too soon to say on whiggins that only leaves McDonald (who has struggled to make an impact and continues to flatter to deceive when the 3 other strikers have all bagged 10 goals ) and Hughes who are good enough to be pushing for a first team place.

So that is 4 possible first team players from 12 signings - on what definitions does that meet the quote above?

[/quote]

That was my thinking Zipper, and how long did Gunn sign him for?

Oh, and bye Skippy.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

I don''t think you can be sure about TJ and Gill, they haven''t been fit since Lambert has been here. That said, I don''t think Gill will cut it, and who knows with TJ, looks lazy but talented to me.

I wouldn''t be surprised if they both left, but I don''t think Lambo will have decided yet.

[/quote]

i''m pretty sure about Gill and Nelson who i would happily never see in the side again.

OTJ maybe but don''t think he''s a serious contender while Russell/Smith/Hughes are fit

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]You guys must honestly be shattered by this, if Theo goes then there can''t be much left for you all to moan about!
[/quote]

I am not so sure, there is always something to moan about hahaha

Sorry but I don not wish him the best of luck far from it.

On the unfortunate occasion that I met the idiot, i asked him about the Colchester game, and he tried to make a joke of it and started laughing, at this point i made it clear in fewer words than i shall use now that 24,000 others didnt get the joke, asked him to kindly move along if you catch my drift.

Plonker best rid!!!

Gill is way out of his depth. League 2 player at best and not getting any younger.

Maric, Theo, Gill, Whalley were terible signings.

[quote user="Spud1973"]

Gunns signings

Starters

Askou

Holt

Irregulars

Mcdonald, Hughes, Whiggins, Tudur Jones, Gill = When given enough chance will come good & will all press for a starting place in the team!

Whaley = I think loan spell will do him good, although i don''t think he has a future at Norwich/

Maric = Decent striker (prove it) doesnt stand a chance with M, H & H playing the way they are at present.

Theo = going going gone.

Mcveigh = usually story plays himself into a contract & then sists back & collect his wages!

[/quote]

I saw Maric pre-season in Scotland & he looked the part TBH. Half decent touch, an eye for goal, not fightened to have a go & worked hard for the team. Granted he is no Holt but, as a back up striker I think he could net a good few goals. I would ship out Barn Door instead!!!!

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Nelson might be ok - particularly if he''s playing alongside Askou instead of Doc - but I think Gill''s level is probably parks football.[/quote]

You have to joking about Nelson ...he is a Cb version of Theo

[quote user="Spud1973"]

Gunns signings

Starters

Askou

Holt

Irregulars

Maric = Decent striker doesnt stand a chance with M, H & H playing the way they are at present.

Theo = going going gone.

[/quote]

i''m sorry but I can''t believe how many people are undecided on Nelson or think Tudor Jones needs more time. Both are utter cr*p.

I put it down to the Climate, I mean Oz to here a bit of a shock to the system, all that bending in the to retrieve the ball, cold weather don''t do any good for backs. know what I mean arry 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]You guys must honestly be shattered by this, if Theo goes then there can''t be much left for you all to moan about![/quote]

I am not so sure, there is always something to moan about hahaha

[/quote]The accounts are due out soon. ;-)

[quote user="Mick Dundee"]You guys must honestly be shattered by this, if Theo goes then there can''t be much left for you all to moan about!
[/quote]

They''ll someone else to maon about Mick [:O]

Back to Theo, hope he revives his career elsewehere, bet it''ll be in League 1 or 2.