Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

King's Lynn update

[quote user="cityangel"]

Beauseant,

Any more inside news please, just read this and it seems today is the deadline.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/kings-lynn/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=KingsLynn&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED01%20Dec%202009%2023%3A20%3A52%3A097

CA

[/quote]

It''s not looking good. The deadline was lunchtime, but the clubsite forum is currently full of fans desperate for news and there is none forthcoming, which I don''t see as encouraging.

The players were told at training that the club was definitely OK, that the money for the tax bill had cleared and that a coach had been booked to go to North Ferriby for Saturday''s game. Heggs went on the radio this morning and assured everyone that all was OK.

That said, it''s important to note that talks were still going on last night and this morning (ie after the players were told that all was sorted)and the decision as to whether the winding up order is lifted can only be made by the Court, whatever spin Bobbins and Chinn put on it. The Court will only do so if they are presented with a schedule of debt repayment which they consider viable. My view is that there has been a last minute desperate scramble (which I suspect has failed) and that the players have been fed a feelgood story to ensure that none of them jump ship before the Court hearing as a mass exodus of players would be the final nail in the coffin. Of course, that could just be me being cynical........

Somebody should contact Roger Taylor or Michael Caine (who lived in King''s Lynn as a kid during the war).

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

They''ve been given another seven days...

[/quote]

I rest my case. They were late for the hearing and I think they have bullshitted everyone. Clearly the Court wasn''t very convinced.

I only care about one club, and that club is Norwich City, but King''s Lynn are a nice friendly club, I really hope investment is there, if not, understanding from the people making decisions.

They should bring some buckets to the Oldham home game. Sure that would raise some money at least.

Beauseant,

I heard Carl Hegg''s interview on the radio this morning when he was saying that most of the players have''nt been paid for ages and have found themselves new clubs and there are only 2 contracted players left at the club. He went on to say that someone on the board has worked really hard to sort things out but that there had been loads of mistakes made to get them into the situation they are in.

I''ve read their forum and all the news but I still am a bit confused to who are the good guys and who are the bad boys, is you have time could you just explain to me what part this Bobbins and Timms have played in this fiasco in your opinion and who''s to blame ?

Thanks CA. X

[quote user="cityangel"]

Think I meant Bobbins and Chinn.

[/quote]

Very briefly, Bobbins and Chinn are pretty much equally detested by the supporters. Bobbins has a history of hiding bad news and/or assuring everyone that there''s no problem until it''s too late. An example is the demotion from the Blue Square. Not only did Bobbins (and the others) know about the deadline at the start of the season, but he knew that the Council, who had already agreed to upgrade the floodlights were actually doing major electrical works in the Walks (the park adjoining the ground) so it would have been an obvious move to arrange for them to work on the floodlights then (the Council raised this point when the shit hit the fan with the Blue Square).He has,as has now been widely documented, gone on holiday in the Algarve this week leaving the club (repeatedly quoted as his "main priority") in the lurch.

Chinn is basically a big time Charlie who doesn''t do what he says. He assured fans that he would personally pay for a "top barrister" to lead the club''s appeal against demotion form the BS. He didn''t. He was involved with Boston United when they got into trouble and is widely detested there too. As one of their fans wrote on the KLFC forum today, one of the best things about their(Boston''s) reconstituted club was "not having to deal with his (Chinn''s) lies and bullshit anymore". He has constantly presented himself to the media and the fans as the saviour of the club, but has failed to attract new investment and is now threatening to walk away. However, the most damning fact is that he has recently converted his shares to loan notes. The only possible reason for this is to get himself up the creditors pecking order in the event of the winding up continuing.

There are other things that I''d better not post, but if you, Tilly or any of the other NCISA guys want more detail I''ll be at the game tomorrow and would be happy to meet you pre match to fill in the gaps.

Hope that helps!

Beau, it''s unfair for you to be continually asked questions about Lynn, but you seem to know what''s going on. I have a certain feeling for the club, having seen several games at The Walks in the late ''60s. They had a former Welsh international, Reg Davies, as player-manager, and I met him a few times. Very approachable.So I would happily give some money to the supporters'' trust. But it is not clear to me what this money will be used for and/or if it will be used wisely. Reassurance on that would be helpful.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Beau, it''s unfair for you to be continually asked questions about Lynn, but you seem to know what''s going on. I have a certain feeling for the club, having seen several games at The Walks in the late ''60s. They had a former Welsh international, Reg Davies, as player-manager, and I met him a few times. Very approachable.

So I would happily give some money to the supporters'' trust. But it is not clear to me what this money will be used for and/or if it will be used wisely. Reassurance on that would be helpful.
[/quote]

Yes, Reg was a lovely bloke. When I was about 10 my cousin''s husband, who was a director used to take me behind the scenes at the Walks so I got the meet the players. It used to be quite magical, especially when you got the likes of John Charles playing for Hereford ( another very charming man), and I remember one snowy day when about 100 fans turned up on a Saturday morning to clear the pitch Sorry, I''ll come back from memory lane!

The supporters''trust is completely independent of the current board and is going to be fundamental to any "reborn " club. They have tried to work with the board, but as the extract from their recent  press release below illustrates, they now see the only way forward is supporter involvement in the ownership. I believe that the money will be used wisely

The board of the Blue and Gold Trust are once again shocked, but not surprised to have read the recent media releases with reference to the ongoing financial plight of Kings Lynn Football Club.  The time has come, after years of the same uncertainty surrounding the club for a fresh approach to ensure  longterm stability for the fans.  This must come through supporter ownership or involvement in the management of the club, to act as guardians for the future.

[quote]The board of the Blue and Gold Trust are once

again shocked, but not surprised to have read the recent media releases

with reference to the ongoing financial plight of Kings Lynn Football

Club.  The time has come, after years of the same uncertainty

surrounding the club for a fresh approach to ensure  longterm stability

for the fans.  This must come through supporter ownership or

involvement in the management of the club, to act as guardians for the

future.[/quote]
Good luck to them, they are going to need a lot of buckets. 

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Beau, it''s unfair for you to be continually asked questions about Lynn, but you seem to know what''s going on. I have a certain feeling for the club, having seen several games at The Walks in the late ''60s. They had a former Welsh international, Reg Davies, as player-manager, and I met him a few times. Very approachable.So I would happily give some money to the supporters'' trust. But it is not clear to me what this money will be used for and/or if it will be used wisely. Reassurance on that would be helpful.[/quote]

Yes, Reg was a lovely bloke. When I was about 10 my cousin''s husband, who was a director used to take me behind the scenes at the Walks so I got the meet the players. It used to be quite magical, especially when you got the likes of John Charles playing for Hereford ( another very charming man), and I remember one snowy day when about 100 fans turned up on a Saturday morning to clear the pitch Sorry, I''ll come back from memory lane!

The supporters''trust is completely independent of the current board and is going to be fundamental to any "reborn " club. They have tried to work with the board, but as the extract from their recent  press release below illustrates, they now see the only way forward is supporter involvement in the ownership. I believe that the money will be used wisely

The board of the Blue and Gold Trust are once again shocked, but not surprised to have read the recent media releases with reference to the ongoing financial plight of Kings Lynn Football Club.  The time has come, after years of the same uncertainty surrounding the club for a fresh approach to ensure  longterm stability for the fans.  This must come through supporter ownership or involvement in the management of the club, to act as guardians for the future.

[/quote]Beau, thanks very much for that. I will send a donation.

The problem is they raise the money and then a few weeks/months down the line, they will be in the same boat. It''s the boards fault and they have to deal with it. If they can''t sort there finances, then they don''t deserve to be a semi pro club.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]The problem is they raise the money and then a few weeks/months down the line, they will be in the same boat. It''s the boards fault and they have to deal with it. If they can''t sort there finances, then they don''t deserve to be a semi pro club.[/quote]

That''s pretty much the point. We have been here before and that''s why I don''t think that saving the existing set up is a valid option. The Club needs to be reformed at a lower level with no existing debts and with supporter involvement.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]The problem is they raise the money and then a few weeks/months down the line, they will be in the same boat. It''s the boards fault and they have to deal with it. If they can''t sort there finances, then they don''t deserve to be a semi pro club.[/quote]

That''s pretty much the point. We have been here before and that''s why I don''t think that saving the existing set up is a valid option. The Club needs to be reformed at a lower level with no existing debts and with supporter involvement.

[/quote]

Lower level? If they get much lower they''ll be in the Wash.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Lower level? If they get much lower they''ll be in the Wash.

[/quote]

That made me smile [:)]