Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

King's Lynn update

For those of you taking an interest, I''ve just been in touch with one of the players who''s had a text from the manager saying that the club has been saved. He doesn''t know any details, but it looks like there are some positive moves. If I get anything more concrete I''ll post it.

That would be great news, lets keep our fingers crossed.

Keep us updated Beauseant [:D]

It is currently a very confused situation and nobody seems to know what is going on.  Bobbins has said that they will decide whether or not to appeal over the weekend or on Monday and, as Beau reported, the players claim to have been phoned and told to report for training on Tuesday.  Hopefully something is going on in the background and it will get sorted.  Problem is that there is much more debt than the tax man with some putting the total between £150-200k so there''s probably a lot of hard work to do here.

There''s definitely something going on, but it''s all a bit cloak and dagger at present. I suspect that nothing official is going to come out tonight. However, I''m told that an appeal is going in, which wouldn''t happen unless some money had been put up. I also know that David Handley met with some local businesses last night and that it went well. Handley is the former Finance Director who claims to have a consortium which is prepared to step in, but will only do so if the current board step down. Whether this has happened is anybody''s guess.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I am certain you are right.  Handley is the driving force in this. [/quote]

Could be something to do with Beau being a former Lynn player still living in the town.

I think i will stick with the info being fed by Beau rather than someone behind his laptop screen in deep dark Essex.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Interesting fact here...one of my best mates used to play for Kings Lynn. He''s only 19 (now) and played 5/6 first team games but because of where he lives had to quit.Good luck Lynn[/quote]Sorry I thought you said there was an interesting fact in that post....

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Interesting fact here...one of my best mates used to play for Kings Lynn. He''s only 19 (now) and played 5/6 first team games but because of where he lives had to quit.Good luck Lynn[/quote]Sorry I thought you said there was an interesting fact in that post....[/quote]To be fair, he didn''t say who it was interesting to.Hope this gets sorted.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Interesting fact here...

one of my best mates used to play for Kings Lynn. He''s only 19 (now) and played 5/6 first team games but because of where he lives had to quit.

Good luck Lynn
[/quote]Hmm! VERY interesting!! [:S]

I do wish we had all known about the situation earlier then us fans could have maybe helped just a little bit [:(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I am certain you are right.  Handley is the driving force in this. [/quote]

Could be something to do with Beau being a former Lynn player still living in the town.

I think i will stick with the info being fed by Beau rather than someone behind his laptop screen in deep dark Essex.

[/quote]

Cameldung! ''The Google meister''.....and his astounding and amazing tales of the blatantly obvious....As bellowed down to him....from her upstairs..... "Oi Dad! Here''s a good ''un for the Pink ''un....Nah, forget it....it''s from the online Daily Star".....

[quote user="cityangel"]I do wish we had all known about the situation earlier then us fans could have maybe helped just a little bit [:(][/quote]

Still not too late you know if you''d like to donate some money

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I do wish we had all known about the situation earlier then us fans could have maybe helped just a little bit [:(][/quote]

Still not too late you know if you''d like to donate some money

[/quote]

Unfortunatley I don''t have a spare £150k unless I win the lottery tonight [:D]. On a serious note if we had known what trouble they were in we could have held a bucket collection at our last game to help them.

Any update Beauseant ??

I''ve heard word that we are bailing them out, don''t know if it''s true but he seemed to know what he was talking about. Maybe the £67,500 we earn from tonight''s game will do it?

[quote user="scrimmage"]I''ve heard word that we are bailing them out, don''t know if it''s true but he seemed to know what he was talking about. Maybe the £67,500 we earn from tonight''s game will do it?
[/quote]

Can''t see that ncfc have got £67,500 to bail anyone out but a nice thought.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]so kings Lynn can get Investment.. yet just 40 miles down the road in the Countys capital.....[/quote]

theres just no pleasing some people [:D]

Have spoken to various people involved with the club today, but it''s still a bit vague. I know that a number of local business people have agreed to donate money and it seems that David Handley''s coalition is behind whatever is going on, and may be in talks with Ken Bobbins. I get the impression that Michael Chinn is the one that no-one wants to work with. However, all the coaches and playing staff have been texted by Heggs saying that the club is saved and that they are training on Tuesday. I also know that a meeting was held with the council (who own the ground)  late yesterday afternoon, so maybe something positive has come from that.

Sorry it''s not more concrete, guys, but I''ll update whenever I find anything out.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Have spoken to various people involved with the club today, but it''s still a bit vague. I know that a number of local business people have agreed to donate money and it seems that David Handley''s coalition is behind whatever is going on, and may be in talks with Ken Bobbins. I get the impression that Michael Chinn is the one that no-one wants to work with. However, all the coaches and playing staff have been texted by Heggs saying that the club is saved and that they are training on Tuesday. I also know that a meeting was held with the council (who own the ground)  late yesterday afternoon, so maybe something positive has come from that.

Sorry it''s not more concrete, guys, but I''ll update whenever I find anything out.

[/quote]

Thanks for that.