Sign in to follow this  
spainboy

Will you catch Leeds?

To back up my valid argument Spainboy maybe you could point out who is the highest placed club that has been in administration?

If you don''t care what we think why come to a Norwich message board starting this topic asking us what we think??

Prat.

it will be difficult to catch leeds, the further ahead they go the more of a cushion they have to fall back on so if they do wobble it won''t be too bad.

I''d take second place though its realistically acheiveable and i think we are on course for it as long as we don''t start selling in January

[quote user="Lambo"]

If you don''t care what we think why come to a Norwich message board starting this topic asking us what we think??

Prat.

[/quote]

The fact that other fans just think we are all bad. Why are we still called dirty Leeds? Something that happened in the 70''s, not the 80''s or 90s or even now but we have been called ''Dirty Leeds'' for over 30 years.!!. Before we got relegated from the Prem why were we still a hated team? Some fans never forget and that''s a shame in the modern world of football.

Your not exactly helping the cause are you though?? Coming here telling us your clubs better than ours and that our best player would join you the second your managed clicks his fingers.

We''d be a lot more welcoming of you and maybe warm to you if you cut the whole "we''re better than you" attitude.

You can''t expect to go round with the attitude you''ve brought here and the attitude the majority of your fans have and expect to be liked.

[quote user="spainboy"][quote user="Lambo"]

Prat.

[/quote]

The fact that other fans just think we are all bad. Why are we still called dirty Leeds? Something that happened in the 70''s, not the 80''s or 90s or even now but we have been called ''Dirty Leeds'' for over 30 years.!!. Before we got relegated from the Prem why were we still a hated team? Some fans never forget and that''s a shame in the modern world of football.

[/quote]

As a Leeds fan I wouldn''t wish to be called anything else. I love the fact that they ''all hate Leeds scum''

Another ''lucky'' win last night eh...?

[quote]As a Leeds fan I wouldn''t wish to be called anything else. I love the fact that they ''all hate Leeds scum''

Another ''lucky'' win last night eh...?[/quote]Bet you love giving people the EYEBALL while pretendin'' to be dead ''ard wiv yer mates an'' that aswell.There''s hope for you yet if you''re under 20.  If you''re over 40 though - no hope at all.

I have heard you Leeds boys talking about your huge support and expecting 30,000 for the Huddersfield game. The shame is that a lot of your fans are ''big match fans'' where were they last night, you didn''t even get 20,000!!!

We have real fans, we don''t care who we are playing, we fill our ground every week and we are not even top of the league yet!!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Mr Grayson has already been in touch with The Hooligan''s agent on the "come home" basis.  That we can say with certainty.  Hooligan certainly playing well but given a straight choice between Lambert and Grayson the silly Irish lad would choose Grayson.

Personal I suppose.[;)]

[/quote]

Wondered how long it would take you to start sticking your oar in. We won''t sell Hoolahan to leeds and why don''t you just f**k off and post on a board where people care what you think.

[quote user="EYEBALL119"][quote user="spainboy"][quote user="Lambo"]

Prat.

[/quote]

[/quote]

As a Leeds fan I wouldn''t wish to be called anything else. I love the fact that they ''all hate Leeds scum''

Another ''lucky'' win last night eh...?[/quote]

How is it lucky??? Leeds have scored 12 goals this season in the 80+ minute. This is a classic example of a team that is capable of winning the league.Leicester did this a lot last year too. A game is over 90 minutes and it is pure proof that Leeds have the energy to get that last minute win and quite franky we are worthy leaders.Argue this all you want with your fancy football.We have a healthy gap ahead of you and that isn''t through luck.We have the best defensive record in the country and that isnt through luck.We have the best home record in the country this year and that isnt through luck. We have the best manager in the league (50 games,35 wins, 70% win ratio) and that isn''t through luck.

Leeds will continue to score 80+ minute goals this season because half the battle is grinding down opponents. It was 0-0 last night and after the 85th minute I knew we were gonna win.Seen it so many times.

[quote user="spainboy"][quote user="EYEBALL119"][quote user="spainboy"][quote user="Lambo"]

Prat.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another ''lucky'' win last night eh...?[/quote]

How is it lucky??? Leeds have scored 12 goals this season in the 80+ minute. This is a classic example of a team that is capable of winning the league.Leicester did this a lot last year too. A game is over 90 minutes and it is pure proof that Leeds have the energy to get that last minute win and quite franky we are worthy leaders.Argue this all you want with your fancy football.We have a healthy gap ahead of you and that isn''t through luck.We have the best defensive record in the country and that isnt through luck.We have the best home record in the country this year and that isnt through luck. We have the best manager in the league (50 games,35 wins, 70% win ratio) and that isn''t through luck.

Leeds will continue to score 80+ minute goals this season because half the battle is grinding down opponents. It was 0-0 last night and after the 85th minute I knew we were gonna win.Seen it so many times.[/quote]You might want to read the posts you''re replying to before you start typing. Also, Norwich have also scored 12 goals in the 80+ minute, so what''s your point? [8-|]

P.Safter 3 seasons? cant remember, you have turned it around and have built a good squad, but it has taken time, id be happy to just get back up first time, even with piles of * like otsemobor at the club.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Mr Grayson has already been in touch with The Hooligan''s agent on the "come home" basis.  That we can say with certainty.  Hooligan certainly playing well but given a straight choice between Lambert and Grayson the silly Irish lad would choose Grayson.

Personal I suppose.[;)]

[/quote]

Wondered how long it would take you to start sticking your oar in. We won''t sell Hoolahan to leeds and why don''t you just f**k off and post on a board where people care what you think.

[/quote]

Cameltoe, I think that the agent is spinning you a line fella, he is a bit like Hucks agent, trying to earn more money for his fat greasey pockets, he wants to unsettle. If Grayson done that, then he would be tapping up. And as for coming home, he played for Gryason for 2 years, not a lifetime. How do you know that he would choose Lambo or Grayso? You don''t and as for calling him a silly lad, you''re the silly lad.... I agree with Jim.

[quote user="missing in action?"]What do you think of beckford, honestly....
I have mine and a few scouts opinions,  interesting to see what yours are watchimg him 40+ times a season.
/quote]

Honestly? He is a lazy all round player, can''t deny that but he gets paid what he is meant to do and that is score goals.Ok, sometimes he needs 2 or 3 chances but he has won Leeds so many points when we have played poor. I would rather have a lazy player who bangs in 30 league goals than a hard working 15 goal striker.  If he jumped up to the Premier league now he will be in for a rude awakening and forgotton about, even a decent championship side like Newcastle he would get stiff competition.  .  Grayson is honestly a good manager. I know Lambert is too for you.  Last season we were rubbish in defence and then in the summer Grayson let Richardson go to Charlton and didn''t sign Sam Sodje on a permanent even after impressing on loan.  Instead we sign Patrick Kisnorbo who couldn''t even get into the Leicester team along with Jason Crowe who was a defender only for Northampton and utility defender Bromby. Most Leeds fans at the time were saying this was a backward step to what we had but looking back at it now im glad Sodje never signed and we got rid of Richardson. Kisnorbo has been a brilliant find and often gets 8/10 in player ratings. Also look at Max Gradel who really is brilliant but somehow was often a bench player for Leicester. He really loves it here.

What im trying to say is, Beckford still has a lot of potential and it will do him good to coninue his education under Grayson who is turning out to be one of the best young managers in England. Potentially Beckford ''could'' be brilliant.

I don''t buy this "we don''t fill our stadium because our tickets are £2-3 more" rubbish. The bottom line is you would fill your stadium if you were in the Premiership, which means your fans DO have the money. It''s just that 18,000 of your fans would rather stay at home whilst their club needs them the most.

Shame.

Also, spainboy, it''s not cool to come trolling on here telling us how wonderful your club is and how one of our best players will be joining you in Jan. Why would you do that? We are both clubs who have had a tough time with relegation, so perhaps you could show some respect. You have only come here for an argument. It would be nice for both of us to get out of the division, as we''re both too big to for it, would you not agree? You are not giving your fans a good name, and you will only look stupid if you do have a slump and we pip you to the title, so be quiet :)

What do you think of beckford, honestly....

Honestly? He is a lazy all round player, can''t deny that but he gets paid what he is meant to do and that is score goals.Ok, sometimes he needs 2 or 3 chances but he has won Leeds so many points when we have played poor. I would rather have a lazy player who bangs in 30 league goals than a hard working 15 goal striker.  If he jumped up to the Premier league now he will be in for a rude awakening and forgotton about, even a decent championship side like Newcastle he would get stiff competition.  .  Grayson is honestly a good manager. I know Lambert is too for you.  Last season we were rubbish in defence and then in the summer Grayson let Richardson go to Charlton and didn''t sign Sam Sodje on a permanent even after impressing on loan.  Instead we sign Patrick Kisnorbo who couldn''t even get into the Leicester team along with Jason Crowe who was a defender only for Northampton and utility defender Bromby. Most Leeds fans at the time were saying this was a backward step to what we had but looking back at it now im glad Sodje never signed and we got rid of Richardson. Kisnorbo has been a brilliant find and often gets 8/10 in player ratings. Also look at Max Gradel who really is brilliant but somehow was often a bench player for Leicester. He really loves it here.

What im trying to say is, Beckford still has a lot of potential and it will do him good to coninue his education under Grayson who is turning out to be one of the best young managers in England. Potentially Beckford ''could'' be brilliant.

I don''t buy this "we don''t fill our stadium because our tickets are £2-3 more" rubbish. The bottom line is you would fill your stadium if you were in the Premiership, which means your fans DO have the money. It''s just that 18,000 of your fans would rather stay at home whilst their club needs them the most.

Shame.

Also, it''s not cool to come trolling on here telling us how wonderful your club is and how one of our best players will be joining you in Jan. Why would you do that? We are both clubs who have had a tough time with relegation, so perhaps you could show some respect. You have only come here for an argument. It would be nice for both of us to get out of the division, as we''re both too big to for it, would you not agree? You are not giving your fans a good name, and you will only look stupid if you do have a slump and we pip you to the title, so be quiet :)

First of all some of you are going on about how you are the best supported team in the league. Here is a reality check.Leeds are into their 3rd year of the third tier of football.Norwich are in their first. We are getting 22k on average.Norwich around 24k. Now if you are stuck here for 3 years will you be getting 24k? I doubt it.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/Fixtures/0,,10273~2007,00.html

Look at the attendance for the 2007 season. Leeds were getting  between 27,000 and 29,000. Orient pulled in over 29k. We will regaiin this attendance when we are in the championship.   If you stay down for 3 years lets see if you pull 19k on a wet windy Tuesday night.

Secondly.I was asked what I thought about Beckford and I gave an honest answer.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

To back up my valid argument Spainboy maybe you could point out who is the highest placed club that has been in administration?

[/quote]

Spainboy, you seem to have avoided this one...

Once you''ve worked out who it is (here''s a clue, it''s not Leeds) you might want to answer it? I''d bet you a pound you don''t know, but you''d probably only give me 8p if I won the bet...

Leaving aside the fans debate (Leeds have a bigger support and are capable of getting bigger crowds but their fans are more fickle and don''t turn up regardless of the opposition is my view) and returning to the original question I think its of course possible we could catch Leeds but unlikely. They seem to have the knack of snaeaking late winners and winning games they maybe don''t deserve to which is precisely what we had going for us the season we won the championship. It will be hard for us to make up the deficit simply because the top teams in this league do not lose many games. I don''t see Leeds, Norwich or Charlton losing maybe more than 2 or 3 more games each for the rest of the season to be honest and in the context of thoise types of results making up a 9 point deficit (or whatever it is) is a big ask.

Is very frustrating because I suspect since Lambert came in there is nothing to choose between the teams in terms of form and points gained so things would have been very interesting had he been our manager from the start of the season. As it was we wasted the first 4 or 5 games and the likes of Leeds and Charlton stole a march on us! I think there is very little to chose between the two sides in terms of ability as well and am quietly confident we can avenge our defeat at Elland Road when we play at the Carra.

Amazingly it was only three games Jim. We took 1 point from the first 9 but have taken 31 from the next 45 since lambert took over. So yes with another 4 points from those games we''d be closer but who can really say what would have happened.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="City1st"]Will Leeds avoid the playoffs ?[/quote]

Will Leeds make the playoffd? [:P]
[/quote]

Going by past season''s runin NO they have messed up every season and burn out around this time.