Sign in to follow this  
spainboy

Will you catch Leeds?

Best defence in England (inc Premier league)

Best home record in a year (inc Premier league)

Lots of points and a game in hand and a better GD from anything out of a promotion spot.

Or are you intending now to try and get a second spot.?

I''ve learnt to never say never in football but it will be very difficult to catch Leeds. Even if we played brilliantly in every match for the rest of the season and didn''t lose a game it''s still unlikely because it would require Leeds to slip up as well and I think that''s unlikely. So long as we''re promoted it doesn''t matter if they finish ahead of us.

Leeds should know this league by now and if they dont know how to play the majority of teams and grounds at this level they really are not worth a trip back to the championship or beyond...having said that i can see them having their usual wobble in the second half of the season.

bet if you put them up against a team in the premiership it would not be as healthy . still very early ..one season we were 10 points away from the play off spots in march and still made it . i would not write the season off yet. if leeds suffer bad injuries same as any other team leeds season could change . i fancy us to go up but as just mentioned im not fussed how we do it to be honest but i would rather grab a automatic spot which at the moment could be highly likely .

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Leeds should know this league by now and if they dont know how to play the majority of teams and grounds at this level they really are not worth a trip back to the championship or beyond...having said that i can see them having their usual wobble in the second half of the season.[/quote]Agree totally! [Y] I don''t know why people think Leeds are this ''superior force'' that are guaranteed top-spot. They cocked up last season and could well do it again. They''re still due their ''annual slump''.......

In all honesty I''d rather see Leeds run off with the title. Obviously I''d like to win the league but promotion is all that matters. For that I think it will be in our favour for Leeds to just beat and take points off everyone around us. Yes they took points off us but we''ve shown we should be able to beat them. If they slump we need to make sure we capitalise on it and drive forward but if not, I''ll be happy for them to beat everyone around us.

[quote user="singing canary"]bet if you put them up against a team in the premiership it would not be as healthy . still very early ..one season we were 10 points away from the play off spots in march and still made it . i would not write the season off yet. if leeds suffer bad injuries same as any other team leeds season could change . i fancy us to go up but as just mentioned im not fussed how we do it to be honest but i would rather grab a automatic spot which at the moment could be highly likely .[/quote]

That''s the thing though.Eddie Gray hit the nail on the head yesterday on the radio after the Brighton game. Leeds had no Naylor or Johnson but still put on a great performance from a team that battered Southampton and their place a few days earlier.

Depth is a massive key and without it, it will be hard to get promoted. You have to look at the fact that if Hoolahan or Holt get injured then do you have someone who is equally as good. Leeds have a second string of players who I think will get into any team in this division and the wobble last year was due to not having the quality to step in.

It is only the end of November but they always say by November you know where you are going to be in the league. 2 or 3 point gap I would be very optimistic but a 9 point gap and a game in hand is confidently sure. Won 6 from last 7 away is awesome and i cannot see Leeds faltering.

Quite disappointed with Charlton as I thought they would be the team to beat us but I can see them in a playoff position.

I think you should hope for a Leeds win against huddersfield in a fortight as this could do you a massive favour. Udders beat us home and away last season too.

ii can see charlton slipping up as they have dropped a fair few points just of late . leeds have done well and i do hope thet go up as both of my best mates are leeds fans and the is some good banter . if we grab the other automatic spot im more than happy with that . the is a but one thing that concerns me is im hoping the old tricks of the board dont sell our best players in january unless they replace them with players of equal quality . im sure we will lose one or two . time can only tell on this one .

Realistically speaking you would be daft to bet against Leeds going up (most likely as champions) there''s very few sides in this division with genuine strength in depth, charlton for one don''t, neither do MK...however I generally think we do, we saw yesterday if hoolahan does get injured then we still have enough quality to match the opposition, were looking superb at home, and if we pick up the away wins at places we should (yeovil, tranmere, wycombe, leyton orient etc) then grab a point at the harder places ala yesterday then there''s no reason at all whilst we shouldn''t make the play-offs and make a good fight for 2nd spotConclusion, yes it''s still early days but Leeds are looking ominious, superb win yesterday against a tricky proposition and still have becchio to come back

This reminds me of a guy that walks into a bar and announces to all inside that hes driving the Ferrari parked outside so look out because its a Ferrari, parked on the road with OTHER cars.

Just remember, Leeds fan, sometimes- not always- but sometimes, someone will drop a skip on your Ferrari. 

Yes, it looks unlikely that we''ll catch Leeds but everyone thought it unlikely Ipswich would be anywhere but top 6 this season. Anything could happen, half of the Leeds squad could catch the jungle fever and abscond to Ghana or something.

Fun at the minute though so, who''s to complain.

TeamPldWDLFAGDGFAGAA PpGPtsForm
1Norwich City (5)8611196132.370.752.3719dWwWlwWW
2Leeds United (1)8521164122.000.502.1217wWwlWDDw
3Huddersfield Town (3)8503196132.370.751.8715WWwWlWll
4Millwall (8)843116792.000.871.8715LdWWwdWD
5Colchester United (4)843113851.621.001.8715dDlWdwWW
6Southampton (22)8422201462.501.751.7514DLdWwwWL
7Walsall (10)842214951.751.121.7514dWwlWlDW
8Yeovil Town (13)83419901.121.121.6213DWlwWDdd
9Swindon Town (9)833211921.371.121.5012wwlLDwdD
10Hartlepool United (12)8332111011.371.251.5012lWdWwDld
11Exeter City (15)8332131301.621.621.5012wdWDllWD
12Southend United (11)8404101001.251.251.5012WlWlWLwl
13Milton Keynes Dons (6)84041013-31.251.621.5012llWlWWwl
14Charlton Athletic (2)8242101001.251.251.2510dWldWDdl
15Leyton Orient (17)8314714-70.871.751.2510WlDlWLwl
16Oldham Athletic (14)823378-10.871.001.129DlLwLdDW
17Brentford (16)82331012-21.251.501.129DDlWldLW
18Bristol Rovers (7)83051220-81.502.501.129WWlLLllw
19Carlisle United (19)82241113-21.371.621.008LlWWlLdd
20Brighton & Hove Albion (20)82241114-31.371.751.008LwDLlWdL
21Gillingham (18)8215714-70.871.750.877lWlDllWl
22Tranmere Rovers (24)8206516-110.622.000.756llLlWLlw
23Wycombe Wanderers (23)8125816-81.002.000.625wlLdDlLL
24Stockport County (21)8116518-130.622.250.504LlLlLwLD

charlton have only won 2 games from the last eight . i feel the good start they made was a flash in the pan ...

I feel players like Hughes, Nelson, Spillane, McDonald, McVeigh, Cureton, Wiggins, and a youth contingent including the likes of Dawkin, Adeyemi, Rudd, Stephens, Kelly, Francombe, Habergahm, and Dumic, ensures that we have a sufficient enough second string to last the season. And as has been said, i think that was shown yestarday when we were behind 2-1 in the game, with the ''three-pronged'' attack of Holt, Hoolahan, and Martin, not working for whatever reason. We brought on McDonald and Hughes (who provided the equaliser), and finished the game as good as we had been all day.

[quote user="spainboy"][quote user="singing canary"]bet if you put them up against a team in the premiership it would not be as healthy . still very early ..one season we were 10 points away from the play off spots in march and still made it . i would not write the season off yet. if leeds suffer bad injuries same as any other team leeds season could change . i fancy us to go up but as just mentioned im not fussed how we do it to be honest but i would rather grab a automatic spot which at the moment could be highly likely .[/quote] That''s the thing though.Eddie Gray hit the nail on the head yesterday on the radio after the Brighton game. Leeds had no Naylor or Johnson but still put on a great performance from a team that battered Southampton and their place a few days earlier. Depth is a massive key and without it, it will be hard to get promoted. You have to look at the fact that if Hoolahan or Holt get injured then do you have someone who is equally as good. Leeds have a second string of players who I think will get into any team in this division and the wobble last year was due to not having the quality to step in. It is only the end of November but they always say by November you know where you are going to be in the league. 2 or 3 point gap I would be very optimistic but a 9 point gap and a game in hand is confidently sure. Won 6 from last 7 away is awesome and i cannot see Leeds faltering. Quite disappointed with Charlton as I thought they would be the team to beat us but I can see them in a playoff position. I think you should hope for a Leeds win against huddersfield in a fortight as this could do you a massive favour. Udders beat us home and away last season too.[/quote]

New one on me.

Don''t care one bit if we catch Leeds. Winning this division means absolutely nothing in terms of honour or bragging rights. Clubs the size of ours should just want to forget about this period of lowliness. It''s a bit like an adult playing football against a child and celebrating the victory, meaningless. All that matters is getting promoted, so second spot is good enough, if it has to be through the play offs then that will have to do. Assuming our team will try to get as many points as possible and finish as high as we can it is irrelevant where any other team ends up.

Leeds are nothing more than another name in the table, but as they are the biggest name and sitting at the top of it, the Bitish public will take great delight if they do falter.

I think leeds will have a blip at some point.

I fancy it may well be over the Christmas period with all those games.

It would also be interesting to see what would happen if Beckford got injured.

Not a chance unless  Leeds suffer an unusual bout of injuries, suspensions and start selling players. Hoping for second place, really don''t fancy us in the lottery of the play offs.

It''s November, Last time I looked there''s still 29 games to play. If your team adopts the mentality you & your fans seem to there''s no chance in hell you''ll be winning the title.

So kindly stop the patronising posts about how you''ve already won the league etc etc and enjoy us giving your team a jolly good thumping at Carra Rd.

Leeds will choke !!!! they always do !! Desitined for division 3 for ever. Having said that.....until this year I always felt sorry for them. Somebody will catch them ,,,,no doubt in my mind....but will it be City ? Not sure.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I think leeds will have a blip at some point. I fancy it may well be over the Christmas period with all those games. It would also be interesting to see what would happen if Beckford got injured.[/quote]

All about ''if''s''!!  What if Holt get''s injured or the drive of your midfield in Hoolahan??  One thing Beckford hasn''t been too good on is scoring in the away games.His vast majority comes from the home games although Leeds have won 6 from 7 away.(he did score yesterday though).   The competition at EllandRd is massive and players daren''t not perform this season as they know there is someone equally as good to step in.  I think Norwich could over take Charlton if you continue to perform but I think they will strengthen before the loan window shuts.  Huddersfield are the ones to watch. If they strengthen their shabby defence this week they will be serious contenders too.  Its not cut and dry for anyone just yet. 

If you are a betting man then you could win a lot of money but I fancy you losing a hell of a lot tbh.  Leeds will need to continue from now as mid table performers to get 90 points from here.