Sign in to follow this  
Rastaman

Who actually thought Cureton would score his Penalty??

me, the penalty taker is always the favourite. However, I was amazed that we scored all 5!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I expected him to score, you don''t score 200 goals for no reason
[/quote]

Nope. Just a shame the reason is that he''s had 94738945746282094646328846783587369280463879487623 chances.

I cringed at all four choices before Cureton. Especially Nelson and Askou, but they were the best two! I knew once Easton had missed Cureton would bury it.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I kept faith in him.........he did use to take all our penalties until Roeder went to work on him.[/quote]

So Wiz, are you saying that its Roeder''s fault that Jaime Cureton can''t hit the target?

Roeder has to take the blame for a lot of what''s happened the last few years, but I don''t think you can pin that on him!

I was suprised at the choices and was hoping that Nelson and Askou would just put their foot through the ball and welly it, but they both took a decent pen.

I thought that Tudur Jones'' pen (the first one) was the best of the bunch.

I never thought we would the shootout. We had hardly any of our best players and a whole load of youth academy players making their first team debut! I listened to it on the radio and when I heard who were taking the spot-kicks I wondered if it was a joke.My views on the likelyhood of the players scoring:TJ - Scored a free-kick for our consolation against Brentford earlier in the season, but was only back after a long injury - probably wideHughes - ScoreNelson - OverAskou - Has scored for us this season, 50/50Cureton - The last spot-kick he took for us he fired wide against Cardiff, but I felt that he should scoreI was stunned when Cody didn''t take one, but as he missed a one-on-one earlier in the game, I think he was probably too nervous

[quote user="Norfolk Chance"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I kept faith in him.........he did use to take all our penalties until Roeder went to work on him.[/quote]

So Wiz, are you saying that its Roeder''s fault that Jaime Cureton can''t hit the target?

Roeder has to take the blame for a lot of what''s happened the last few years, but I don''t think you can pin that on him!

[/quote]

Roeder shattered everyone''s confidence, but the snide remarks after a Curo hat trick were unwarented, he did the same to Martin and Spillaine as well.

To be fair, i had doubts over all the takers, as i always do when it comes to PK with Norwich!!But with the confidence within the side installed by Lambert, Culvo and the winning mentality i thought this may be one that we would win!!I think with Cody, he did say when he first signed that he is not a fan of taking pens, he has never been great at it, and would prefer to not take one!!

I was convinced he would score. I''m sure Lambert was too and that''s why he took the 5th penalty. It meant so much to him too. In fact you could see it meant so much to all of them.

It was like going all those miles to watch a reserve game up until the pens but to see the pride made up for watching such a poor game. There''s no doubting the spirit we have throughout the squad now and credit for that has to go to Lambert and the coaching staff.

I was more concerned about BOTH our centre backs stepping up to take pens before any of our strikers. Clearly i shouldn''t have been. And they apparently volunteered so they should get huge credit for that. You put yourself under massive pressure to volunteer to take one as a CB as you look a plank if you do and then miss!

Very productive comment...kak?

Obviously shows the full extent of your knowledge of the bootiful game....... MOTD will be on the phone snapping you up for post match analysis!!!

Did it take you long to drive back from the game last night?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Norfolk Chance"]

[/quote]

Roeder shattered everyone''s confidence, but the snide remarks after a Curo hat trick were unwarented, he did the same to Martin and Spillaine as well.

[/quote]I''m sorry but the best decision Roeder made was sending Marin and Spillane out on loan, the went out boys and came back men. Although I am sure in the long term he would have ruined them some other way, Roeder actually improved those two massively.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Norfolk Chance"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I''m sorry but the best decision Roeder made was sending Marin and Spillane out on loan, the went out boys and came back men. Although I am sure in the long term he would have ruined them some other way, Roeder actually improved those two massively.
[/quote]

I too am sorry King, because I must disagree with you, their improvement imo, was down to Luton...........not Roeder!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Norfolk Chance"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m sorry but the best decision Roeder made was sending Marin and Spillane out on loan, the went out boys and came back men. Although I am sure in the long term he would have ruined them some other way, Roeder actually improved those two massively.[/quote]

I too am sorry King, because I must disagree with you, their improvement imo, was down to Luton...........not Roeder!

[/quote]Yes but who sent them out to Luton? Roeder. Now believe me I am not saying the decision was made for the right reasons, I''m sure they would have been booted out by him had they come back in the summer but all in all sending them to Luton was in the long term a good decision by Roeder.