Sign in to follow this  
Yellowbeagle

Importance of JPT!

I know the JPT seems unimportant at the start of the season. But if we can make it to Wembley could become hugely important and a massive advantage if we we''re to end up playing a playoff final at Wembley, with some experience of the pitch.

Good point. Notice Lambert got some players with experience on the pitch on time for the shootout. Don''t think I''d have trusted us to win that using scrubs. All the pressure was on the home team once we had experienced players lined up to do our shooting. it''s gotta suck being the home team during a shootout.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Good point. Notice Lambert got some players with experience on the pitch on time for the shootout. Don''t think I''d have trusted us to win that using scrubs. All the pressure was on the home team once we had experienced players lined up to do our shooting. it''s gotta suck being the home team during a shootout.[/quote]

Norwich dont do winning at penalties as a rule. Bolton in the league cup 4th round (99???) and playoff final v Birmingham....

this time the 5 takers got it spot on (excuse the pun)

I think the JPT is decidedly winnable - let face it we''re the equivalent of a Chelsea Man U or Arsenal for our section. Day out at Wembley and possibly a cup at the end - doesnt matter that nothing else rides on it. Given the choice I''d rather see us get promoted but a decent day out as well would be a bonus

With regards to Wembley experience I dont think that is necessarily an issue for playoffs - if anything it could work against you (over confidence??)

[quote user="Barclay hero"]With regards to Wembley experience I dont think that is necessarily an issue for playoffs - if anything it could work against you (over confidence??)[/quote]

That is silly. With that line of thinking, assuming we make the final, Lambewrt should play reserves for that game just to make sure we are not over confident. I''d so much rather be over confident than a bag of nerves.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]With regards to Wembley experience I dont think that is necessarily an issue for playoffs - if anything it could work against you (over confidence??)[/quote]

Didnt hurt Scunthorpe last season did it?, surely it''s best to be as prepared as possible, every advantage that can be gained counts and it''s the managers job to make sure players heads are right for a game and on the evidence so far that seems to be one of Lamberts strong points.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]I think the JPT is decidedly winnable - let face it we''re the equivalent of a Chelsea Man U or Arsenal for our section. [/quote]

Agreed it is winnable, but with the exception of Hereford (let''s get them at home in the semis please) the other teams left in our section are not exactly minnows - Southampton/Charlton, MK Dons.

Not only that, but the last few JPT games have been ideal to blood some of our younger players AND get match fitness for players returning from injury, in a competitive environment but without anything really at stake. Great to see Lambert is rotating the squad, not afraid to play the youth, and we''re still getting the results!

A trip to Wembley with a good chance of winning, and an excuse to wander round Soho afterwards celebrating.Perfick.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Getting to the final would be worth over £500,000 to the club.[/quote]

that has to be the bonus for Lambert to put to use in the summer

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I know the JPT seems unimportant at the start of the season. But if we can make it to Wembley could become hugely important and a massive advantage if we we''re to end up playing a playoff final at Wembley, with some experience of the pitch.[/quote]I think that you are right mate - we have never played at the new Wembley stadium before and if we made it to the JPT final and found ourselves in the playoff final, at least we would have already been to Wembley twice and it would be quite recently too.