Sign in to follow this  
Creasy

Loan Signings & Greeno

Aston Villa Have now joined the rumours of Robert Green in January. Apperntly They dont have money in the £4 region just for a keeper so they would add £1.4 Million plus Postma or just a staright swap with Sorensen Mabye Sorensen and a bit of money but not just Sorensen , As for the Loan Signings situation i think we need to strenghten up our defence with a loan aswell as a forward, Dont know about loans about Forwards but for defence what would be better than Martin Laursen for Villa ? recoverd over injury now .. why not ?

No point signing laursen - he''d only get the same warm welcome that Helveg has got no matter how well he played - and Worthy would probably play him up front anyway...

What is the position on loan signing? How many can we make from now until the end of the season is it only one or can we get two more bearing in mind we already have Bents; are there age restrictions (under 24 rings a bell); and how many can we make on a short term basis (max 3 months?)?

OTBC

I''m pretty sure you can only have two loans at any one time whether thats season, or 3 months, so 1 is used up already with Bentley.
So we''re in a position where we can get 1 more loan player in Jan for rest of season or 3 months or whatever.
Age restriction applies to length of loan, I think over 24 you can only have for max of 3 months and then you have to make an offer, like with Hucks last year.

[quote]I''m pretty sure you can only have two loans at any one time whether thats season, or 3 months, so 1 is used up already with Bentley. So we''re in a position where we can get 1 more loan player in Jan f...[/quote]

DH is right.  We can only have two domestic loans at any one time.  So with Bents taking up one, we''ve only got one left.  We could look abroad as we can have two domestic as well as some from abroad.  Christ knows who though! 

Personally, I''d bite someone''s hand off if they offered us £5M for Green.....

£ 5million for Green DDM ! IMO grab it with both hands. That will give us £6.5 million to get two decent defenders and a forward. OTBC!!!

to be honest i think we should give Laursen ago IF we Cant find a decent loan striker also what about this Green for Sorensen stuff ?