Sign in to follow this  
Iwan_09

Top 10 Sporting Moments of the Noughties

All,

I have been assinged a task at work of giving my top 10 sporting moments from 2000-2010 but I have hit a brick wall.

I know this is wishful thinking but has anyone got any good ones involving Norwich I may have missed...

Any help would be a appreciated.

[quote user="TomSlisz"]Winning the Ashes in 2005, Germany 1-5 England and Rugby World Cup win in 2003[/quote]Think they are my top three. Along with Redgrave winning his fourth gold. In terms of Norwich then winning the league, maybe the pitch invasion at Crewe?

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button winning Formula 1 in consecutive years[/quote]I don''t think Formula 1 is a sport.

dictionary definition says an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment

A Formula 1 car won''t move without physical exertion (applying force) of the steering wheel and pedals plus skill required to drive said vehicle and finally there''s competition and entertainment.

Also it''s included in the sports pages of papers and classified as motorsport [;)] nuff said I fink

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]

dictionary definition says an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment

A Formula 1 car won''t move without physical exertion (applying force) of the steering wheel and pedals plus skill required to drive said vehicle and finally there''s competition and entertainment.

Also it''s included in the sports pages of papers and classified as motorsport [;)] nuff said I fink

[/quote]

Well, I fink you should stop writing in Ipswich colours.

OTBC

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]Do they have to be British events??  Surely the recent WR by Usain Bolt is up there?!?[/quote]

Usain Bolt''s Hat trick at the olympics!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button winning Formula 1 in consecutive years[/quote]

I don''t think Formula 1 is a sport.

[/quote]

Well I''d like to see if you are fit enough to be a formula 1 driver. Somehow I don''t think you realise how fit you have to be to be able to race like the likes of Hamilton, Button, etc. Formula 1 is certainly a sport.

Agree with a lot of comments on here.

Winning Rugby World Cup,
England 5 Germany 1,
Kelly Holmes'' gold medals,
Team GB Cycling at the Olympics,
David Haye heavyweight champion? perhaps,
Winning the Ashes (2005?)
Amir Kahns silver medal when he broke onto the scene?,
Hamilton becoming youngest ever person to win Formula 1,
Jenson Button winning Formula 1,
Winning the bid for the 2012 Olympics in London (still counts as a ''sporting moment'')

Thats the best 10 I could think of.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button winning Formula 1 in consecutive years[/quote]

I don''t think Formula 1 is a sport.

[/quote]

Well I''d like to see if you are fit enough to be a formula 1 driver. Somehow I don''t think you realise how fit you have to be to be able to race like the likes of Hamilton, Button, etc. Formula 1 is certainly a sport.

Agree with a lot of comments on here.

Winning Rugby World Cup,
England 5 Germany 1,
Kelly Holmes'' gold medals,
Team GB Cycling at the Olympics,
David Haye heavyweight champion? perhaps,
Winning the Ashes (2005?)
Amir Kahns silver medal when he broke onto the scene?,
Hamilton becoming youngest ever person to win Formula 1,
Jenson Button winning Formula 1,
Winning the bid for the 2012 Olympics in London (still counts as a ''sporting moment'')

Thats the best 10 I could think of.

[/quote]

One name comes to mind that makes me think I am fit enough....Nigel Mansell!!!!!!!!

Beckhams last minute goal against Greece. Great free kick under immense pressure.

Wales 2 grand slams.

Yuvraj six 6''s in an over.

Brian Lara''s 400 not out.

The ODI between South Africa and Australia where the highest total in a ODI was beaten by each team.