Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Wembley final for us or relegation for Ipswich.

Although there have been a lot of negative comments on here about the merits of the JPT, most fans would be pleased with a Wembley final place.

This includes me. However I must confess that if faced with the choice between a Wembley appearance for us or relegation for Ipswich, I would have to deliberate.

Wembley final I think, so we can then contribute to their relegation next season.

Wembley for us everytime. Although I wish nothing but misfortune upon them lot down the road their acheviements/failures mean nothing when compared to City''s. I would rather have the memory of a Wembley final....

Even winning the JPT would only just about amount to a day in the sun with some added financial reward.

Nobody remembers the winners of this competition and obviously there is no further reward like a European qualifying round to aim for.

It would probably give me more pleasure to see Ipswich languish in League 1 for a season or two, especially after the stick we had to take last season.

However a Wembley appearance would be more beneficial to NCFC.

Now somebody who calls himself Gingerpele is telling me what I should and should not be doing.

I contend that rivalries, such as Norwich v Ipswich, and all they entail are VERY much part of the fun of following football.

I enjoy their demise very much, and I suspect most on this forum do as well.

Yeah, its fun, but Supporting a Football team is about supporting your team (oh and BTW i was not telling you what to do, it is MY opinion, some people just can''t tell the differance) i think this thread should only be full of Norwich trip to Wembley as it pretty much is, as first and formost it is about supporting Norwich, and not hopeing Ipswitch lose there next game, or get relegated, its fine if they do, we can laugh at them, as they did at us, but tbh, if Football was all about hating your rivals (which is made up of human beings, who think the same of us, as most Norwich fans do of them.....) i would rather not be part of it. But if i chose to ignore Ipswich all together, thats my decision, as far as i know, the Ipswich supporters are exactually like Norwich ones, so we might as well moan at each other, (which happens quite a lot on this forum.....) If its a bit of fun, and jeering its ok, but when it gets to hopeing for complete demise of the other team, or just being plain nasty with some comments (which of course Ipswich, and every other teams fans do as well) it just doesn''t seem right, Ipswich can get relegated for all i care, and they can stay down, but i would have thought it would be better for them to stay up, so we can beat them next season?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

Who cares about Ipswich? and if you do why?

You should be supporting Norwich, not anti-supporting Ipswich......

[/quote]

Please yerself, but if its achoice between winning a "nothing" trophy and seeing Ipswich relegated then its "Scum Down" for me every time.

Don''t get my wrong, a trip to Wembley is o.k. but the JPT is hardly something to write home about. It is something I would happily exchange for a Scum relegation.

Thats my opinion anyway. It seems not many agree with me.

Sorry if i affended you, its just how i feel.....

I don''t worry too much about Ipswich, i would rather they where in the same league as us, so we could beat them, as thats the only time i really feel the rivalry....

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Gingerpele"]

[/quote]

Please yerself, but if its achoice between winning a "nothing" trophy and seeing Ipswich relegated then its "Scum Down" for me every time.

Don''t get my wrong, a trip to Wembley is o.k. but the JPT is hardly something to write home about. It is something I would happily exchange for a Scum relegation.

[/quote]

But isn''t a nothing trophy better than no trophy? i would have thought it was, plus it would be a bonus, when finishing the season (as the final is before the end isn''t it) and it would only but help the run-in form wouldn''t it?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Gingerpele"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Agree with you ricky [Y]

It is just football and hating doesn''t come into it.

Healthy old-fashioned rivalry does and this is good for the game as it generates interest. If this involves wishing your rivals the worst in terms of footballing success, human beings or not, then so be it.

It is all an integral part of the game and is the reason why the local derbies are the games that fans look forward to most of all.

Yeah but if Ipswich get relegated how will we have a locak derby? :P

so surely to have that match (which is quite exiting, and a match to look fowards too) we want them to stay up, so we can beat them twice next season, then they can get relegated when we get to the Prem :P

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Gingerpele"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But isn''t a nothing trophy better than no trophy? i would have thought it was, plus it would be a bonus, when finishing the season (as the final is before the end isn''t it) and it would only but help the run-in form wouldn''t it?

[/quote]

I''m not saying that it wouldn''t be nice to win it Ginger. I''m saying if it was a toss up between the two I would choose a Scum relegation.

Obviously the two things are not connected in reality so I will just hope for both.

A trophy win and an Ipswich demotion would do me just fine.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Gingerpele"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not saying that it wouldn''t be nice to win it Ginger. I''m saying if it was a toss up between the two I would choose a Scum relegation.

Obviously the two things are not connected in reality so I will just hope for both.

A trophy win and an Ipswich demotion would do me just fine.

[/quote]

But why does no one want a Derby next season :P unless we stay down :S that would be much more fun, although i really don''t think they will stay up now.... i think its settled really

scum down every time..if we got to wembley and grant holt got injured in the final scoring the winner and missed a single  league game  then it wouldn`t be worth it  [:D]

no brainerlikes others have said, you support your own team first and want success with them, it merely adds to the pleasure if ipswich were to be relegatedI for one don''t want them to go down anyway so we can hopefully have a derby again next year.

[quote user="pennywise "]scum down every time..if we got to wembley and grant holt got injured in the final scoring the winner and missed a single  league game  then it wouldn`t be worth it  [:D][/quote]I agree. We aren''t even halfway into the season and we have only made it to the southern section semi. We have enough injury problems as it stands and the last thing we want to happen is for Holt or Hoolahan to get a serious injury in the next round

They havn''t been playing in the cup, and they will not be any more likely to get injured in a cup game as they are in the league, or in training....

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]It is just football and hating doesn''t come into it.

Healthy old-fashioned rivalry does and this is good for the game as it generates interest. If this involves wishing your rivals the worst in terms of footballing success, human beings or not, then so be it.

It is all an integral part of the game and is the reason why the local derbies are the games that fans look forward to most of all.[/quote]

Agreed - I hope we are in the same division as Ipswich next season - whether thats the Championship or League 1 - as the derby game is the pick of the season (Colchester just aint the same)

However if not I''d settle for passing them....

With regards to the paint pot its quite a long time since we won a final - nearly quarter of a century - so a JPT win would be worth us being in this division for a year

How can the paintpot cup be a joke, Its money boosting for lower league clubs for which we are part of in case you had forgotten, I bit of silverware I fancy us to win, another bit of silverware comes with promotion either a Wembley final or League champions, and if you really want to be brave you could add the FA cup for which we are still in with a chance, just like all the others, Its a funny old game as Greavsey would say, Am I insain you ask, No, But I''m a Norwich city fan and believe every game is winnable with Lambert in the driving seat, ON THE BALL CITY