Sign in to follow this  
back of the net

McVeigh, Cureton

lowest player ratings at Swindon, 5 each, why are they still in the squad ?

They offer absolutley nothing to the team, when McVeigh came on in last home game we played worse, the midfield was totally cocked up.

Send them to Luton on loan

[quote user="back of the net"]lowest player ratings at Swindon, 5 each, why are they still in the squad ? They offer absolutley nothing to the team, when McVeigh came on in last home game we played worse, the midfield was totally cocked up. Send them to Luton on loan[/quote]

Agree, giving him a years wages was a Gunny blunder, get him off the wage bill ASAP..

Having just watched Curo''s penalty against Swindon, his touch is still very much there...............McVeigh on the other hand, was an old pals act signing by Mellisa''s daddy!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Having just watched Curo''s penalty against Swindon, his touch is still very much there...............McVeigh on the other hand, was an old pals act signing by Mellisa''s daddy![/quote]

Haha you really haven''t got a clue, i can score a penalty, doesn''t make me a good footballer able to play at league 1 standard does it? so if McVeigh had have scored a penalty would he still have his touch? try going to a game and seeing the whole picture not just canaries world highlights

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Having just watched Curo''s penalty against Swindon, his touch is still very much there...............McVeigh on the other hand, was an old pals act signing by Mellisa''s daddy![/quote]

Haha you really haven''t got a clue, i can score a penalty, doesn''t make me a good footballer able to play at league 1 standard does it? so if McVeigh had have scored a penalty would he still have his touch? try going to a game and seeing the whole picture not just canaries world highlights

[/quote]

I''m sensible enough, and I don''t have your childish arrogance to pressume that I could score a ''presure'' penalty in a proffesional football game...........especially after already playing 90 minutes!

And jerk heads like you have no idea what games I attend (and I do!).......................and you will never know!

While both have been great servants to us in the past, their legs have gone and with Holt and Martin being our 1st choice, we need pace in reserve. I’m not convinced by Cody Mcdonald either.

Having said that, they all seem to be good lads to have around the place..

With all the greatest respect Wiz, I was at the Swindon game and Cureton had an absolute mare, but it wasn''t just that that annoyed me, it was about 15-20 minuntes into the game, a Swindon player had the ball 5 yards from Cureton and he just kicked his heels and didn''t bother chasing the ball. You would hope that a player wants every opportunity to impress their manager but with Cureton''s display he failed, and failed very badly.

[quote user="back of the net"]lowest player ratings at Swindon, 5 each, why are they still in the squad ? They offer absolutley nothing to the team, when McVeigh came on in last home game we played worse, the midfield was totally cocked up. Send them to Luton on loan[/quote]

Jamie has scored when coming on as sub recently so whikle no great fan and given the lack of other goal scoring options as back up to martin and holt I think he deserves his place in the squad.  He is not a starter, and by all accounts had a nother miserable game on Tues,  as did McDonald.  However while he is chipping in with goals and gives us a martin option (which cody does not) then he stays.   But he does need releasing and replacing in the summer.

WLY has played some good games this season, and has also been anonymous.   Like much of the team,  particularly as an attacking force, again he did not have a great game on Tues.  However the key thing with the last home game was the that we lost an high energy smith and replaced him with a totally different type of player in WLY,  in a formation that does not suit him.   His best performances came before we changed to the 433/diamond formation when he was wide right. That, or in the whole like hoolahan,  is his playing strengths,  he does not have the energy or strength to be really successful as a Korey Smith-alike.   His delivery from set pieces is usually better than everyone elses in the squad and he rarely loses possesion cheaply.  Given a lack of wide players again I think he has a (short term) place in the squad but will need replacing come the summer.    

[quote user="Larry David"]

While both have been great servants to us in the past, their legs have gone and with Holt and Martin being our 1st choice, we need pace in reserve. I’m not convinced by Cody Mcdonald either.

[/quote]

And thats the rub Larry, Curo, for obvious reasons wouldn''t be my first choice now, and I think, sadly, this will be his last season here, but team spirit is vital, so..........

And despite Cody''s odd ''cult'' status with some on here, a striker who hides at penalty shoot out time, raises big question marks with me.

cureton was awful for the full 90 minutes, looked knackered and there was no urgency in his play at all. not a bad penalty though. better than his one at cardiff!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

And despite Cody''s odd ''cult'' status with some on here, a striker who hides at penalty shoot out time, raises big question marks with me.

[/quote]

Have to say I am with Wiz on this one, I would assume a striker ought to be very much to the fore at that stage.

I think the are decent enough lads to have around the place. They offer a decent last resort back up IMO. And lets be brutally honest, we dont have the money to buy a quality replacement. I would like to think they have something to offer the younger players in and around the squad.

....... And whose decision is it who takes the penalties? The players or the manager? Surely it was known before the final whistle was sounded so it wouldn''t be a case of ''one step forward the voulunteers''!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

And thats the rub Larry, Curo, for obvious reasons wouldn''t be my first choice now, and I think, sadly, this will be his last season here, but team spirit is vital, so..........

[/quote]

Wiz, how do we know that he ''hid''? We don''t really, Lambert may have had his choice already and he may be not good enough, don''t forget that he is young, ok not that young, but he has only played about 15-20 professional games, where as Curo has been a Profesional player for around a decade, that''s experiance for you.

As for the debate, I still think that WLY is a useful squad player to have especially on the low wages I would imagine he is on, Curo is a good impact player to have, as well as Cody. This is and for me, has always been Curo''s level.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

With all the greatest respect Wiz, I was at the Swindon game and Cureton had an absolute mare, but it wasn''t just that that annoyed me, it was about 15-20 minuntes into the game, a Swindon player had the ball 5 yards from Cureton and he just kicked his heels and didn''t bother chasing the ball. You would hope that a player wants every opportunity to impress their manager but with Cureton''s display he failed, and failed very badly.

[/quote]Firstly Walking Man, big respect for going to Swindon.

Secondaly, I respect your view on Curo, but like Zipper, I''d retain Jamie if only for the late sub option, whether Curo would accept that role however..................

If I had to choose between the two, I would go for Cody:- he has been a good provider recently, with accurate passes- (partly connected) he has pace to get round opponents - apart from Wes with skill, and perhaps Dawkin, we have no-one else who can do this .Whether Cody will develop into a goal poacher/good finisher/ all round striker, I have no idea. He has had few chances to run on to quick through balls.

[quote user="Salopian"]If I had to choose between the two, I would go for Cody:- he has been a good provider recently, with accurate passes- (partly connected) he has pace to get round opponents - apart from Wes with skill, and perhaps Dawkin, we have no-one else who can do this .Whether Cody will develop into a goal poacher/good finisher/ all round striker, I have no idea. He has had few chances to run on to quick through balls.[/quote]Cody chasing the ball and tackleing the full back in the last league game gave us a vital 3rd goal and took the pressure off us. Curo would never have had the legs or the desire to chase that and even if he had would have been more selfish and shot himself.