Sign in to follow this  
lord montyjones

848 TRAVELLING FANS

They are very loyal and also very lucky that they can afford to go to all these long trips.

Great turn out tonight, just got back. There is a lot of support for Norwich from supporters that have moved away from Norfolk but still travel to away games our fan around the country helps these figures on our away games, having say this full resect to everybody traveling from the City and Norfolk to a paint pot game on a wet and foggy night. It was great to have 1/4 of the ground in yellow and green.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]What was she doing there? Was it on telly???[/quote]

I think she goes to every game unless she is working or on holiday. A true fan.

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]What was she doing there? Was it on telly???[/quote] I think she goes to every game unless she is working or on holiday. A true fan.[/quote]

True fan she may be, a fit and proper majority shareholder she most certainly is not.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]What was she doing there? Was it on telly???[/quote] I think she goes to every game unless she is working or on holiday. A true fan.[/quote]

True fan she may be, a fit and proper majority shareholder she most certainly is not.

[/quote]

Indeed

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Are you now suggesting that Delia Smith is not a fit and proper person to own out club? Highlight the mistakes by all means but some of the stuff posted on here is plain ridiculous.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

That''s just a matter of your own personal opinion, and I''m sure there are many others that feel differently. I''m sure that we could have worse individuals such as Flavio Briatore at QPR who encouraged his F1 driver to cheat by crashing his car, or how about a nice clean MP ?  Money is not everything, and Norwich will prove that they can be successful by developing their youngsters IMO under good management such as Lambert. I''d rather go for organic development than risking the future of the club for short-lived unsustainable success.     

I can''t see how anybody who owns a business that goes downhill so badly under their leadership can still be classed as a suitable person to continue running that business, football has changed but it has to be said that the amount of bad decisions made in the last few years by Delia and her disciples has been totally unacceptable and the situation we find ourselves in should not have happened.

Things are looking up this season but if we reach the championship it will become even more imperative that we get a new owner if we are to progress further imo.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

I can''t see how anybody who owns a business that goes downhill so badly under their leadership can still be classed as a suitable person to continue running that business, football has changed but it has to be said that the amount of bad decisions made in the last few years by Delia and her disciples has been totally unacceptable and the situation we find ourselves in should not have happened.

Things are looking up this season but if we reach the championship it will become even more imperative that we get a new owner if we are to progress further imo.

[/quote]

The fact that Delia owns the business doesn''t mean she runs it. As I understand it the business is now run by McNally. There''s no doubt that mistakes have been made and in my view the biggest was not replacing the person who ran the business sooner. In fact would it maybe have been more prudent to have replaced the person running the business a few years ago? But surely none of those mistakes stop Delia Smith being a fit and proper person to own our football club.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

No doubt some bad decisions have been made, but in view of recent changes, perhaps those at the top are learning from past mistakes, and I reiterate, short-term money does not guarantee success or even survival in the long-term.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

The fact that Delia owns the business doesn''t mean she runs it. As I understand it the business is now run by McNally. There''s no doubt that mistakes have been made and in my view the biggest was not replacing the person who ran the business sooner. In fact would it maybe have been more prudent to have replaced the person running the business a few years ago? But surely none of those mistakes stop Delia Smith being a fit and proper person to own our football club.

[/quote]

Doomcaster may have been partly to blame for the decline of the club but I refuse to believe that he was allowed to make decisions without being given the go ahead by Delia and the board. Things may be run differently now but we will only progress so far without a new owner with more money coming in, there are more youngsters coming through the ranks now than we''ve had for sometime which is good but money will still be needed to sign a bit of quality to supplement them if we get back to the championship.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

That''s just a matter of your own personal opinion, and I''m sure there are many others that feel differently. I''m sure that we could have worse individuals such as Flavio Briatore at QPR who encouraged his F1 driver to cheat by crashing his car, or how about a nice clean MP ?  Money is not everything, and Norwich will prove that they can be successful by developing their youngsters IMO under good management such as Lambert. I''d rather go for organic development than risking the future of the club for short-lived unsustainable success.     

[/quote]

Actually it is not a matter of opinion. It is a totally incorrect statement. Whatever peoples views there is no doubt she is both fit and proper in the legal definition of so being to be a majority shareholder of a football club.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Doomcaster may have been partly to blame for the decline of the club but I refuse to believe that he was allowed to make decisions without being given the go ahead by Delia and the board. Things may be run differently now but we will only progress so far without a new owner with more money coming in, there are more youngsters coming through the ranks now than we''ve had for sometime which is good but money will still be needed to sign a bit of quality to supplement them if we get back to the championship.

[/quote]

I agree that we will need some money, but I don''t believe that we need a billionaire''s mega-millions to build a competitive squad. There are hidden gems in the lower leagues and a good scouting system can find them. So much money has been wasted on journeymen in the past, when it would have been better employed elsewhere. We just need to use our existing resources much better.   

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Well you may be right but surely we could have saved on the Chief Execs wages if he wasn''t allowed any say. I hope the new one is. I agree that a new owner more capable of investing money is needed for us to progress very far in todays game. I think Smith&Jones agree with that too and have probably been saying it longer than you and I. But I ask again what makes Delia Smith not a fit and proper person to own our club?

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually it is not a matter of opinion. It is a totally incorrect statement. Whatever peoples views there is no doubt she is both fit and proper in the legal definition of so being to be a majority shareholder of a football club.

[/quote]

That''s the reason that I felt it deserved my reply in the first place. I''m not aware of anything that makes Delia an unfit person to be a majority shareholder, and I was giving the poster a chance to expand on his comments to justify that statement.

yet again a thread has been highjacked by those who seek any peg to hang their anti Delia whining upon

back on thread, I would suggest a far bigger figure is of those who live ''locally''

I lived near Reading for a while and games at Reading usually had more from nearby fans than fron Norfolk

still it was an excellent turnout, on a wet night for a lower rated cup game

well done

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Well you may be right but surely we could have saved on the Chief Execs wages if he wasn''t allowed any say. I hope the new one is. I agree that a new owner more capable of investing money is needed for us to progress very far in todays game. I think Smith&Jones agree with that too and have probably been saying it longer than you and I. But I ask again what makes Delia Smith not a fit and proper person to own our club?

[/quote]

Can''t see how anyone who goes onto the pitch sozzled on sherry and starts shouting "come on lets be avin you" at 25k people can be classed as a fit and proper person to run this football club lol.

On a more serious note maybe not fit or proper was the wrong terminology to use under the circumstances, but imo she''s no longer the right person to run this club because the last few years under her ownership have been a complete disaster and she doesn''t have enough money to take us to where we ought to be.

It''s true that where ever you go to watch Norwich there is a big percentage of the support from City fans more local than Norwich. We have huge support and supporters groups all over the country. These fans look forward to games that are local to them. I have often wondered how such great support was formed in the first place because these fans are not all locals who have moved away. Us travelling fans think we clock some miles supporting our team but for some fans all home games are travelling games too. So in some cases they only have one local game a season.

As for the 848 I doubt if more than a third travelled from Norfolk.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can''t see how anyone who goes onto the pitch sozzled on sherry and starts shouting "come on lets be avin you" at 25k people can be classed as a fit and proper person to run this football club lol.

On a more serious note maybe not fit or proper was the wrong terminology to use under the circumstances, but imo she''s no longer the right person to run this club because the last few years under her ownership have been a complete disaster and she doesn''t have enough money to take us to where we ought to be.

[/quote]

I still believe she owns it and not runs it.

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]What was she doing there? Was it on telly???[/quote]

I think she goes to every game unless she is working or on holiday. A true fan.[/quote]

Yeah right

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t object to ''Deals no Deals'' and hubby being actual shareholders.....It''s the ''majority'' bit that I''m not really keen on.....

And that I feel, is where the problem lay.....(and for employing the Donkster as CE)....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s true that where ever you go to watch Norwich there is a big percentage of the support from City fans more local than Norwich. We have huge support and supporters groups all over the country. These fans look forward to games that are local to them. I have often wondered how such great support was formed in the first place because these fans are not all locals who have moved away. Us travelling fans think we clock some miles supporting our team but for some fans all home games are travelling games too. So in some cases they only have one local game a season.

As for the 848 I doubt if more than a third travelled from Norfolk.

[/quote]

Evidence please!

My home games back and forth from either London or Beds, so can''t really afford to go too many away games, but whilst I think that there is a lot of support all over England and a vast amount of away games are supported by the non Norfolkers, I reckon the bulk will come from Norwich/Norfolk.

Wonder if the club would shed some light on it.

I travelled from Norfolk! As did over 200+ on the coaches. I reckon over half made the journey from our fine County.My mate who is a Swindon season ticket holder couldn''t believe how many we brought. Fair play to all those that made the trip from wherever you travelled.

I''ll meet you at St.Mary''s on the 21st and we can do a survey - should give us an idea.