Sign in to follow this  
Ali Dia

Get him signed up

[quote user="beeb"]...After being taken off the list in August 2008, he was the subject of

failed bids from Blackpool, Watford and Norwich before the close of the

last transfer window.[/quote]It would have to be a good offer.

Would be nice but a right back surely has to be our priority with the little money we have to spend.

[quote user="Josh"]Would be nice but a right back surely has to be our priority with the little money we have to spend.[/quote]Spillane, with Otsemobor, Dumic and Francombe as back-up does not indicate any more back-up is needed here exactly (not immediately at least). Injuries will not always be an issue in this position. Perhaps a loan, but certainly no more than that.We simply need pace and a bit of quality on the wing (preferably the right hand side), and Adomah more than delivers all of this, and is therefore our priority in the transfer window as far as i''m concerned.

the thing is john ...he looks a much better prospect than we have now. surely if he has refused a improved contract and its up soon a small fee should be enough to get his services .

i would bring him in and sell ostembor . surely 150k should be enough to sign him .

all his family''s in london and he''s had interest from other london clubs.

if he did come would he fit into the system,, if he does come does that mean hoolahan''s off??

Think he will cost more than 150k. Barnet will be due compensation if a club signs him in the summer, so he can''t actually leave for free.

i think the quote on the BBC site is accurate, there will probably be a bidding war involving teams like Coventry, Southampton, Reading etc.

Lambert has said he has very little money to work with and a story on the BBC site will certainly draw attention from a lot of clubs (not that Adamoah''s agent hasn''t been calling everyone already).

He is just the player we need, he was talked about all pre season as someone we should get.

If we look on our way back to the champ, you never know, Delia may just dip into her rainy day fund. [:)]

For what it''s worth i don''t think a Championship team will be willing to take a considerable financial punt on him to be honest. If we''re serious about getting him (of which we should be) i''m sure we will.He''s playing well in a League Two side (not ''setting the League alight'' exactly, but performing to a very respectable standard at that level). Most mid/lower Championship team managers will be hard pushed to make any extensive effort to capture him on that basis, and in general will most probably be looking for a more ''broad'' improvement in their respective sides, and should a bidding war arise in this case, i seriously doubt that they''d be willing to get intensely involved. Lambert however can afford to put "all his eggs in one basket" (so to speak), given that the current team is performing successfully anyway, regardless of any incoming players. Theres no immediate need for a broad improvement in our side, and i''m sure the funds required to attain Adomah from Barnet and accommodate the wages he''s asking for (although the ''would be'' highest packet ever paid to a Barnet player, will most probably be no higher than our average City player) are there for Lambert to utilise. I very much doubt we''d need to sell Otsemobor (or any other player) to make this happen.

I suspect you will have competition from the Championship: Watford, Blackpool and Plymouth seem the most mentioned names.  I suspect the "talks" broke down at Barnet because his agent already knows who the interested clubs are.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I suspect you will have competition from the Championship: Watford, Blackpool and Plymouth seem the most mentioned names.  I suspect the "talks" broke down at Barnet because his agent already knows who the interested clubs are.[/quote]Don''t see any of them putting up much of a fight on this particular player to be honest.Rest assured should we go about this undeterred in our aim to bring him to the club we will.