Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Germany keeper hit by train.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8353733.stm

Shocking news, the death of his daughter aswell-imagine how his wife must feel.

I am sure I wont be the only one to say R.I.P...

not really if he did commit suicide then hes mug for doing in the manor he done if you want to kill yourself don''t involve others my thoughts go out to the train driver who now thinks he murdered someone.

It''s tragic even if suicide because when you feel like that, you don''t think straight. Suicidal ''black dog'' thoughts dominate and over-ride all other sensibilities. Never easy for those left behind either. You feel like you should have known that something was wrong but it''s not that straightforward.

i think anyone who commits suicide, deserves some sympathy, i don'' think anyone wakes up, thinks oh i feel crap today, i''m going to jump of a bridge ect, there has to be something seriously wrong, and if he has mental health problems, and did commit suicide (which is all honest is the most likely situation, with the train and all) its not nesicerally all his fault, but again R.I.P

Sorry but I cant feel sympathy for cowards its just how I feel. As I said before I feel sorry for the poor train driver who now has to live with that for the rest of their life.

[quote user="filthyrich"]Sorry but I cant feel sympathy for cowards its just how I feel. As I said before I feel sorry for the poor train driver who now has to live with that for the rest of their life.[/quote]

Life, and mental health just aren''t as black and white as that, mate. Not all people who commit suicide can be labelled as ''cowards''.

No maybe it was a bit strong but its a bit of a sensitive subject iv had a mate who hit someone in their van and killed them cos they wanted to commit suicide and my mates life has never been the same since he now believes hes a murderer, suicide it effects a lot of people if you want to end your life fill ya boots just don''t involve anyone else and ruin their life.

[quote user="filthyrich"]Sorry but I cant feel sympathy for cowards its just how I feel. As I said before I feel sorry for the poor train driver who now has to live with that for the rest of their life.[/quote]

It''s not cowardly, as the ex partner of a suicide victim I can tell you he was no coward.  His mind wasn''t right, and it''s tragic when you see no way out.

It always affects someone ''cos someone''s gotta find the body whatever means taken to end life. As I said earlier, those left behind have to struggle on with their feelings.

Mental health knows no class system nor wealth. Can affect anyone. When life''s s**t you don''t consider the feelings of anyone else. However wrong that may seem to the innocent bystander (train driver, van driver ... whatever)

Just my opinion, but i think Suicide is quite a selfish way out. No matter how bad your life may be - hurting ALL your loved one''s in that way at the very least is horrible. Maybe it''d be different if i was in the shoes of someone who felt that strongly, but its how i feel about the subject at the moment.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

It''s not cowardly, as the ex partner of a suicide victim I can tell you he was no coward.  His mind wasn''t right, and it''s tragic when you see no way out.

[/quote]

I''m with you on thay WAY.

i read that he lost his 2 year old daughter to a heart problem maybe he never got over it ? who are we to sit in judgement and call him a coward ? losing a child is  enough to mess up anyones head ...

We can''t sit here and make judgements on the poor fella and his family, especially when we know nothing at all of his problems, hey but this is the internet......Shame.

[quote user="pennywise "]i read that he lost his 2 year old daughter to a heart problem maybe he never got over it ? who are we to sit in judgement and call him a coward ? losing a child is  enough to mess up anyones head ...[/quote]

[Y][Y] Nothing more to add,well said!

RIP.

I think its a very sad situation, my condolences go out to family and friends.

To sit here and judge is so easy, if Robert Enke never got over his tragedy of losing his daughter....my heart goes out to all family and relatives because it is just a sad state of affairs where nobody wins and all have suffered.

had tears in my eyes hearing this, remember watching him as a youngster when i was in Germany supporting Gladbach. RIP.

[quote user="pennywise "]i read that he lost his 2 year old daughter to a heart problem maybe he never got over it ? who are we to sit in judgement and call him a coward ? losing a child is  enough to mess up anyones head ...[/quote]

Totally agree, hopefully most of us will never have to experience and deal with losing a child. Sad sad story.

SSN reporting that he never got over the death of his daughter. All of us on this board with kids of our own will no doubt have sympathy, I have 2 little uns and the thought of losing either of them is frankly horrific. Bizarrely having heard the news break on SSN, I turned over to ESPN and saw their Bundesliga highlights and there he was playing at the weekend (played well too...)!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Exactly mate. This is awful news......RIP.