Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

First choice centre halves start!!!

Good to see Lambert going with his first choice pairing for tonights game. A real statement of intent.

Doc will be back training with the youth tomorrow, he probably has to clean Nelsons boots too (if there is any justice).

I hope Swindon have plenty of spare balls...[;)]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

Good to see Lambert going with his first choice pairing for tonights game. A real statement of intent.

Doc will be back training with the youth tomorrow, he probably has to clean Nelsons boots too (if there is any justice).

I hope Swindon have plenty of spare balls...[;)]

[/quote]

I trust there is irony in there. Cureton starting too, a real statement of intent that is.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

No way back for Doherty now.

Nelson was Captain, scored his pen and Adams gave him Man of the Match. This was inevitable once Nelson got fit again.

[/quote]

God I hope so Duncan, Nelson was always my favourite.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

Nelson was Captain, scored his pen and Adams gave him Man of the Match. This was inevitable once Nelson got fit again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

He certainly impressed me on the radio tonight. Neil Adams was heaping praise on him, certainly gives PL a selection headache for the weekend.

Tonight has gone some way in allaying my fears that we would need to put additional tiers on the Jarrold and Watling in order for him to keep the ball in the ground.[;)]

Docs will be back on Saturday. Lambert rested all his important players (Rusty, Smith, Holahan and Docs) because he knows they have been central to our recent run.

if we do have to sell anyone of the big earners in jan i hope its curo, but doc would be sedond simply as i think he would be easier to replace as we alteady have nelson.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He certainly impressed me on the radio tonight. [/quote]

LOL

Was it a comedy show?

Duncan Edwards wrote:

Out of interest, how many times have you seen him play First Wizard?

I don''t know what I''m doing on a computer and didn''t mean to bring the quote down like that but I think you can work it out. Also out of interest same Question to Duncan Edwards 

Graham Humphrey wrote the following post at 11/11/2009 10:36 PM:

To be fair I think Duncan was being ironic. Could be wrong of course...

I wasn''t sure, I know the 1st W wasn''t.

[quote user="The gut"]

To be fair I think Duncan was being ironic. Could be wrong of course...I wasn''t sure, I know the 1st W wasn''t.[/quote]Ironic/moronic?

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 11/11/2009 10:50 PM:

The gut wrote:

To be fair I think Duncan was being ironic. Could be wrong of course...

I wasn''t sure, I know the 1st W wasn''t.

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 11/11/2009 10:50 PM

Ironic/moronic?

Love it!

Did spot the wink icon, but far too late to stop me looking daft. Apologies Duncan.

[quote user="The gut"]I don''t know what I''m doing on a computer and didn''t mean to bring the quote down like that but I think you can work it out. Also out of interest same Question to Duncan Edwards [/quote]

Sorry for the delay, spent three hours in surgery having my tongue removed from my cheek...[;)]

I''ve seen the Doc play every time we''ve been on telly (note to self: stop it or I''ll have a relapse). I''ve watched him home and away on many, many occasions and Nelson, irrespective of an apparent good performance in the paint pot, is a far, far inferior footballer. In my opinion.

I''m surprised we didn''t meet Dunc i was there too having a light bulb replaced. I think it blew when I read the First Wizard''s post and I was continuing to press him on how he was able to judge (on a different thread). I can''t help defending the Doc, I''m well aware of his weaknesses and his standard but reckon the hard time he gets from some quarters is well out perspective. From what I''ve seen of Nelson I like his attitude but has a lot less quality than Doherty and we are more vulnerable if he''s playing. Glad he is reported to have had a good game (I didn''t even see it on the radio)and maybe I''ll be proved wrong, and won''t mind if I am but I haven''t seen enough yet. I''ll try to be more on the ball in future, brighter bulb fitted.