Sign in to follow this  
stikers09

has lambert had the luck ?

Paul lambert in my book has been a bit lucky , because the youngsters he has brought, in have performed, had they not then he would have been begging to the board, to spend money we havent got.

Well, I  don''t think having serially injured right backs is particularly lucky. Nor was having key players injured in the match against MK Dons. Against Leeds, if Forster had''ve kicked the ball anywhere else ..........Perhaps it''s all luck.

[quote user="stikers09"]Paul lambert in my book has been a bit lucky , because the youngsters he has brought, in have performed, had they not then he would have been begging to the board, to spend money we havent got.[/quote]

The return of Bob Franklin.

[quote user="stikers09"]i have u know beausant bryan gunn should have never have been given the job, but some posters thought he was our saviour.[/quote]

That''s good to hear![:D]

He wins Also I have noted the the team do not capitulate and go to the wire and in a 50/50 where will gets the points they pull through at the moment.That is the sign of leadership getting the most out of what you have. He is doing a very good job the harder you work the luckier you get, do you think penalties and last minute equalisers/goals come from luck in most cases they come from flogging your guys out on fitness.

Has Alex Ferguson been lucky because all the youngsters he has brought through, and players he has bought, have won him the league however many times?!

It isn''t lucky that Lambert knows a good player when he sees them and plays them. Otherwise you could say anyone that every wins anything is lucky!

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]
He wins

Also I have noted the the team do not capitulate and go to the wire and in a 50/50 where will gets the points they pull through at the moment.

That is the sign of leadership getting the most out of what you have.

He is doing a very good job the harder you work the luckier you get, do you think penalties and last minute equalisers/goals come from luck in most cases they come from flogging your guys out on fitness.
[/quote]

Totally agree.

The Club is constantly bringing youngsters through. The previous batch (Henderson, Jarvis etc.) did not quite make it with us. However, they had to compete at Championship level.

A few of the current group seem to have potential also. Some have virtually made it already as I believe Smith, Spillane and Martin to be squad certainties at the moment.

Whether they can perform at a higher level for us depends on a lot of things. The experience of regular first team football at the moment is just one of these.

I feel that Lambert has made the most of what he has available to him. I don''t think luck comes into it.

[quote user="stikers09"]Paul lambert in my book has been a bit lucky , because the youngsters he has brought, in have performed, had they not then he would have been begging to the board, to spend money we havent got.[/quote]

He just can''t win with some posters on here can he?[:|]

I believe you make your own luck, so many times in the past have people blamed the loss of a game, or missing a chance on bad luck when in reality we just haven`t been good enough. When you are playing well with a winning mentality luck just seeems to go your way, substitutes come on and score, keeepers make tip  of the finger saves, youngsters come in and make a mark, it`s not luck at all really is it strikers09, it`s about a winning mentality and team spirit.

I listerned to the scrimmige last night and have to say for the first time in ages, everyone on there were full of praise for what has happened so far this season, and it was good to hear Richard Balls going with and not against, But Luck doesn''t come in to it, you need to have the skill to turn a squad of players into a winning team, Gunn found the squad, clueless on picking a winning team