Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Paul Inch

Is this plank for real or what?, where does he get the idea, that MK are a massive club , And how do you turn a place into a fortress when only 8.886 fans bothered to turn out,

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Did they really get fewer than nine fans there last night? For a local derby? Bloody franchise football.[/quote]That 0.886 fella, was that a kid or an amputee ?

[quote user="Lambo"]I like MK Dons, good bunch of funs, not massive in numbers but nice people.[/quote]

A c**t of a club which should not exist and i would not give their fans the time of day. They are not proper fans and their opinions on football are worthless.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Did they really get fewer than nine fans there last night? For a local derby? Bloody franchise football.[/quote]That 0.886 fella, was that a kid or an amputee ?[/quote]could of been me on crutches haha

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Lambo"]I like MK Dons, good bunch of funs, not massive in numbers but nice people.[/quote]

A c**t of a club which should not exist and i would not give their fans the time of day. They are not proper fans and their opinions on football are worthless.

[/quote]

[:D] Seconded!

[quote user="pete_norw"]Is this plank for real or what?, where does he get the idea, that MK are a massive club , And how do you turn a place into a fortress when only 8.886 fans bothered to turn out,[/quote]

Remember the Alamo (they got beat as well!)

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

How are they not "proper fans"???

Jesus you''d think they''re child molesterers the way some people go on about them.

It''s football mate, calm down and stop being so serious. 

As for their opinions being worthless, they talk a damn sight more sense then half our fans do.

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

How are they not "proper fans"???

Jesus you''d think they''re child molesterers the way some people go on about them.

It''s football mate, calm down and stop being so serious. 

As for their opinions being worthless, they talk a damn sight more sense then half our fans do.

[/quote]

May as well be child molesters and most of them look like they might be!

On a serious note though I am sorry but no proper football fan would take up and start supporting that lot. Leaving aside the ethical objection that most fans have to the "franchise" system and the very existence of MK Dons their current fan base will have all switched allegiance from some other team - unless they had no interest in football before 5 years ago. Maybe in 10 or 15 years time there will be some born and bred MK Dons fans who i might treat with a bit more respect but the current crop can go f**k themselves.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

That''s just a ridiculous statement.

A c**t of a club which should not exist and i would not give their fans the time of day. They are not proper fans and their opinions on football are worthless.

THAT''S just a ridiculous statement.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

On a serious note though I am sorry but no proper football fan would take up and start supporting that lot. Leaving aside the ethical objection that most fans have to the "franchise" system and the very existence of MK Dons their current fan base will have all switched allegiance from some other team - unless they had no interest in football before 5 years ago. Maybe in 10 or 15 years time there will be some born and bred MK Dons fans who i might treat with a bit more respect but the current crop can go f**k themselves.

[/quote]Completely agree, an absolute disgrace of a ''club''.  I hate how a lot of people have forgotten about the whole move, and the poor Wimbledon fans who had to set up their own club to try and regain their own history.  Every time I see MK Dons on TV there are always people wearing other teams shirts, and not one of them can be a born and bred MK fan.

[quote user="pete_norw"]Is this plank for real or what?, [/quote]Foot in mouth disease.  Not in my back yard, I say.  If he has a missus, I''d like to metre.  Mile see you later.

But Wimbledon would have been in the same boat as AFC Wimbledon now, they were in dire poo and I have no real objection to them moving. There are a lot of new people who have become interested in football or changed there support from the top team, which we all seem to hate those sort of supporters. They are getting bigger and bigger and will have a very big fan base in a few more years. I also see them getting promted this year too.

Exactly, if you bother to read up on everything that happened with the MK move you''d realise it''s not as black and white as the papers will have you beleive.

And as CIB said... chances are they''ve gone from supporting United, Chelsea etc to their own team.

Damned if you do, damned if you don''t.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Completely agree, an absolute disgrace of a ''club''.  I hate how a lot of people have forgotten about the whole move, and the poor Wimbledon fans who had to set up their own club to try and regain their own history.  Every time I see MK Dons on TV there are always people wearing other teams shirts, and not one of them can be a born and bred MK fan.
[/quote]

You can''t blame the people that turn out to games though.

Geezus. People get upset when people support one of the top 4 clubs instead of their local clubs Then, when a local club turns up and people support them, they get slated for the way that club ended up as their local club.

In my opinion, you can blame money, greed, Sky, football as a business, etc for the MK Dons/Wimbledon situation. You can''t blame people that actually turn up to games.

The post-war new towns like Milton Keynes threw up many social problems connected with their lack of history.

These places grew from nothing, grew fast and quickly became large in population terms.

Not having an established football league team was just one of the many factors which contributed to them struggling to find an identity, with consequent social problems. Compare this scenario with the long history of NCFC and the time it took for us to become established in the Football League.

Most of the arrivals continued to support the club from the areas from which they originated and places like Basildon still have a large West Ham following.

At least in Milton Keynes they now have their own team, but it will take time for the support to grow.

I don''t really see the establishment of this club in terms of franchises or as a betrayal of the original (and very underpopulated) Wimbledon fan base, but more as a response to population shifts brought about by social change.

So who were their fans supporting BEFORE this absurdity arrived ?

And why did they switch ?

I would have no problems with Milton Keynes having a football club, or anybody supporting a newly formed club but they essentially bought their league status. They and the FA have p!ssed all over the entire football pyramid.It''s all very well to say they would be in League 1 by now and Wimbledon would be non-league if they had been allowed to continue, but it didn''t bloody happen. By that logic, I can say Man City will probably win a title in the next ten years so why not award them one now. Allowing Milton Keynes to jump straight into the football league is an insult to every football club, city, town and village below them in the pyramid. Why could they not simply form a club, with massive financial backing and start in a league below the Conference? If they''re good enough they''ll get successive promotions to the football league within a few years. This is the whole point of football, you get into a division because you have earnt it on the pitch. They would have had five years or so of hammering everyone in sight, all these new fans would have had a jolly knees up watching cricket scores and they''d be in the football league fair and square. Maybe then, people wouldn''t justifiably dislike them. I think that I''d still want to kick Paul Ince in the balls though.

One day very soon AFC Wimbledon will regain promotion to the football league and play MK Dons, now that will be one hell of a match. The manner in which their team came to be is disgusting, as fans of football we should all show solidarity with AFC Wimbledon supporters. Imagine if somebody bought out Delia and tried to move our club 50 miles away? Anyone who started supporting MK Dons is a disgrace of a football fan.

The original Wimbledon tried to kick everyone off the park.  I presume you didn''t play them much at the time?  Vinnie Jones later life has pretty much replicated his time with them as a star.  Some of you need to get out more or be considerably older.................

Bunch of thugs.  Good riddance.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The original Wimbledon tried to kick everyone off the park.  I presume you didn''t play them much at the time?  Vinnie Jones later life has pretty much replicated his time with them as a star.  Some of you need to get out more or be considerably older.................

[/quote]Well its simple really if you break the rules consistently you give away free kicks and get players sent off and the opposition benefits. If Wimbledon want to play the game in that manner its their look out, just because they played ugly doesn''t mean its OK to snatch the team away from the fans.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Well its simple really if you break the rules consistently you give away free kicks and get players sent off and the opposition benefits. If Wimbledon want to play the game in that manner its their look out, just because they played ugly doesn''t mean its OK to snatch the team away from the fans.
[/quote]

How many of the posters on this thread saw the original Wimbledon play as opposed to the posters following the usual internet tripe?

Go on.

Did Norwich play Wimbledon or were you above that in your time?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]Well its simple really if you break the rules consistently you give away free kicks and get players sent off and the opposition benefits. If Wimbledon want to play the game in that manner its their look out, just because they played ugly doesn''t mean its OK to snatch the team away from the fans. [/quote]

How many of the posters on this thread saw the original Wimbledon play as opposed to the posters following the usual internet tripe?

Go on.

Did Norwich play Wimbledon or were you above that in your time?

[/quote]I saw Wimbledon play in their premier league days, too young to remember their FA Cup win though.

I find it impossible to get excited or angry about the way MK entered the League, as I believe factors beyond football are involved.

Besides, the other towns, cities etc. that they leap-frogged have had decades to do something about their status.

"Leap-frogging" is happening all the time in football, usually because of a rich backer. Blackburn to the Premiership, Chelsea to European competitions, and Ipswich to League 1 (joke) are just some exmples.

Which is the most "unfair?"

The fact that the Milton Keynes Borough has a population of 230. 000 (according to Wikipedia) and growing, is also relevant. New towns, new rules.

The old Wimbledon were notorious for their extremely poor support. The area proved to be singularly disinterested in their team or it''s success. Gates of under 10, 000 in the top league were usual and just how they survived there for as long as they did remains a mystery.

The club were so desperate that re-location to Ireland was even seriously considered at one stage.

Dublin Dons could well have been a Football League side. I am more happy with MK Dons.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

I assume Col U have not played MK Mongs yet this season then? Spot the difference.